DHzer0point 0.65

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by PoopyTheJ, Jun 13, 2006.

1. PoopyTheJ

PoopyTheJ Member Guru

GPU:
    X1800XT Crossfire Edition
    [​IMG]DHzer0point Modified Video drivers are tweaked drivers to provide the end user with increased Image Quality and Performance while maintaining the highest stability possible on ATI Radeon graphics cards up-to the Radeon X1900 series.

Built on the Chuck fix version of the Catalyst 6.5
    • Rearranged Video playback optimizations
    • Increased optimizations for Texture fill and texture quality
    • Further overall gameplay and Iq enhancements
    • TAA enabled by default, we felt that although the overall FPS was a bit lower game performance was smoother.
    • AAA performance enabled by default it just looks so nice that the small performance hit is worth it.
    • High Quality AF enabled by Default
    • Area Anisotrophy Enabled by default
    Download - http://downloads.guru3d.com/download.php?det=1421

2. anticitizen013

anticitizen013 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x R9 280X CrossFire
    Nice, this is what Ive been waiting for. And to have them based on the Chuck drivers is a bonus too :D

*does a jig*

Will report back my findings :p

EDIT: Sadly, I lost about 700 points in 3DMark05, and games reflect that score. :(

I blame my card personally, the other card I had LOVED ZeroPoint drivers hehe.

Other EDIT: Forgot to mention I DID in fact lower the new default-enabled settings to disabled, so it wasnt that. *tear*

Last edited: Jun 15, 2006
  3. PoopyTheJ

PoopyTheJ Member Guru

GPU:
    Which games in particular? We noticed a lower max FPS however the min FPS seemed to be the same or better in almost all situations leaving the avg lower but overall performance was right on par. Games based on the ut2004 engine absolutely scream, games which rely particularly heavily on pixel shaders, have a bit lower Max fps,vertex shader performance is overall higher. This especially seemed the case with TAA as it's only enabled above a certain threshold, 40fps. Anything lower will default to standard AA. Please keep us informed of your findings as we can't fix it if we don't know it's a problem!

4. anticitizen013

GPU:
    2x R9 280X CrossFire
    Quake 4 mostly, Id say Far Cry as well but I can never tell if theres any slowdown in that game since it never lags :p

5. 91LudeSiT

91LudeSiT Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4GD5T@1435/1750
    Will it install without the CCC so I can use ATT instead?

6. PoopyTheJ

PoopyTheJ Member Guru

GPU:

Yes, simply uncheck the CCC option during install. :speed:

7. 91LudeSiT

91LudeSiT Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4GD5T@1435/1750
    Thanks Poopy, another quality set of drivers. DHzer0point are the only modded drivers that will ever touch my machine.

8. PoopyTheJ

PoopyTheJ Member Guru

GPU:
    :cool:
    We're gonna keep puttting them out for you. :D

9. manson

manson Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA 8800 GT SC
    are they softmoded

10. densou

densou Member Guru

GPU:
    3070 Twin Edge OC
    good work ... I should try them :)

11. PoopyTheJ

PoopyTheJ Member Guru

GPU:
    No they are not softmodded, we're looking into this for a future release. So far we have not done this for pure compatibility and stability reasons.

12. InfDaMarvel

InfDaMarvel Guest

GPU:
    HD3850 256mb
    So far from reading this thread it doesnt look like ill be using these drivers just yet. 700point drop in 3dmark05 isnt what Im looking for on a X850pro lol. Some other people need to post some results from these drivers.

13. anticitizen013

GPU:
    2x R9 280X CrossFire
    In each card its different. Very different. I used ZeroPoint when I had an x850 and gained I think 300pts total on top of my max OC of 605/640. They really are great drivers, just my new card doesnt like em. It doesnt hurt to try either, you can always revert back to your older ones if you feel they are giving you a better performance increase.

14. Gorki

Gorki Active Member

GPU:
    ATI X1800XL 256Mb
    PoopyTheJ how well do they perform in HL2, COD2? Has someone tested them..with these games?