How to enable AA with HDR in 6.5 beta

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by TonyM16, Jun 1, 2006.

1. TonyM16

TonyM16 Master Guru

GPU:
    BFG 8800GTX SLI on Dell 3007
    Okay I just finished my crossfire rig. So ofcourse I wanted to play Oblivion. I decided to install the 6.5 beta chuck patch driver. It said there was no catalyst driver with it, so I figured you get the old school driver with it. But it didn't. It's as though there is no driver. But it has been installed. Whats going on? At first I thought this was normal. But then I realised how on earth am I going to enable AA if I don't have a control panle with my driver. we all know that to use hdr and AA in Oblivion we have to enable AA in the driver. But i havn't got any option at all let alone AA. What s going on.

2. Opty

Opty Master Guru

GPU:
    ATI Gecube x1900xtx
    You have to download the CCC, WDM, Video Driver and install them manualy. What you downloaded it just the driver. Go to ATI's site and go to the video driver download page and just download what you need. There at the bottom as separate downloads. Just use the 6.5beta with the chuck patch inplace of the 6.5 end release one on the dowload page.

But uninstall what ever you have installed run a clean with driver cleaner pro in safe mode, reboot and start again with the driver first then CCC and so on.

Once all installed set HDR on in the game and set your desired AA in your CCC and away you go :)

Last edited: Jun 1, 2006
  3. TonyM16

TonyM16 Master Guru

GPU:
    BFG 8800GTX SLI on Dell 3007
    Thanks for that. I had a feeling that this is what was going on, but I wasn''t sure. It's still a liitle confusing though. Can I install the official 6.5 catalyst driver first and then install the 6.5 beta chuck drievr straight after? Or does it have to be like this ie install 6.5 beta chuck driver first, then install serparte catalyst control panel (6.5) and finally the wdm (6.5). What is wdm anyway?

EDIT:: It's okay, I have done it now . What I did was install the chuck 6.5 beta first. I then after a reboot installed the catalys control panel by itself (6.5) . After another reboot I finished with the wdm thingy (6.5). All done. I may install that Avivo thing aswell soon, if I want to watch HD movies. I still want to know what the wdm thing does though. In my process it seemd like a redundant step. It felt like it did nothing. It was installed in one second, and afterward couldn't notice anything different , nor was it in the add/remove programs menu. So if any one knows what it's for please tell me. Thanks

4. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Yeah as i said in your other thread, just download and install the Official 6.5's, then install the 6.5 chuck patch over the top. :)

Ahh you done it.

The WDM drivers are for the VIVO (Video In/Video Out) function. :)

5. Dublin_Gunner

Dublin_Gunner Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte Rx 460 4GB
    instead of CCC i'm sure you could have just installed Ati Tray Tools

6. anticitizen013

anticitizen013 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x R9 280X CrossFire
    I actually just tried the 6.5 Chuck patch, and it didnt work at all. I did everything mentioned (yes, I enabled AA through CCC) and still no dice. I just switched back to 6.3 :p