help with Ipod!!!

Discussion in 'Digital Photography, Home and Portable Electronics' started by sniperbr0, May 30, 2006.

1. sniperbr0

sniperbr0 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA SC BLACK 1080TI
    hi im an Ipod noob and im a bit lost here, I dont kno where to go to ask for info, so ill post it here:

i just got an Ipod 60gb as a gift, and its an old version, the updater version is 03-23-2005 and it looks like it doesnt support videos, the box doesnt say anything about videos, just songs and photos, I downloaded the latest updater (03-23-2006) which updated my Ipod to 1.2.1 and still I cant find the options to watch videos on it, what do I have to do to be able to watch videos on my Ipod???

also there are plenty of ads saying: "free music for your Ipod" from Itunes, but when i installed itunes the first screen i saw was telling me to buy songs, but arent they supposed to be free for me cuz i have an Ipod???

im a bit lost using itunes, how do I transfer the songs I want to the Ipod??? I added some songs to the library, clicked to convert them to AAC (or something like that) and now what?

can I use my Ipod as a pen drive? my dad has a 10gb HD full of work stuff like documents, can I store all that stuff in the Ipod or only music and photo are allowed???

2. Toji

Toji Active Member

GPU:
    BFG 6800 GT 256MB
    only the Ipod video suports video playback. take your ipod to an electronic store to compare it to the latest model. The new Ipod is smaller and sleaker than prievious versions. Basicaly if your ipod is bigger than the one that can play videos, then your ipod can't play videos.

Besides it would say so on the box and manual. I bet yours is just a plain ipod photo, the model before Ipod video. You can't change an Ipod photo to an ipod video simply because it lacks the hardware to playback video.

As for storage, I can use my Creative Zen extra as an external HDD. i don't know about Ipod. Just look inthe manual, if it does not say ou can, then you can't.

BTW are you sure the 10gb of your dad's stuff are documents? Documents are fairly small files, you need thousands of files to use up 1gb of space. Currently I got 697 songs on my Zen Xtra which is just under 4Gb. this leaves me to beleive it's a bunch of "videos" "hint", "hint".

3. sniperbr0

sniperbr0 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA SC BLACK 1080TI
    oh so i cant watch videos on it... what a pity... no problem, i didnt pay a dollar for it anywayz.

of course its not 10gb of documents, its 10gb of alot of stuff, including documents, songs, movies, important stuff about his job that takes alot of space, alot of stuff, lol, not 10gb of excel and word documents, that would be crazy lol

thx for the help, but still im a bit lost how to transfer files to the Ipod and how to download songs, every page i open in Itunes ask me to pay 0.99 for a song, thats crazy... the ads say FREE MUSIC FOR YOUR IPOD, where is the free music?

4. Hiro1000

Hiro1000 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 670
    Ok Yes you can use your Ipod as an external hard drive. But it is slow.

The "free" music they are refering to is new bands that release their music to itunes. So infact you really don't get free music. YOu have to pay for it.

Just because you have an Ipod does not mean free music.

5. sniperbr0

sniperbr0 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA SC BLACK 1080TI
    damn! that sux!!!

6. Spezzy

Spezzy Master Guru

GPU:
    eVGA 7800GTX 256 525/1400
    Actually there is a free song on iTunes every week. Look at the bottom left or right side of the music store. There actually around 3 free dif songs every week.

7. Insomniac34

Insomniac34 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 460 768mb (800/1900)
    I'm sure you've figured out by now, but in case you haven't...

To transfer songs, just click on a certain song and drag it over the name of your ipod located on the left-hand side of the screen (Under "Source"). To copy all songs, go to Edit --> Select All (or just Ctrl + A), and drag them all over.

8. sniperbr0

sniperbr0 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA SC BLACK 1080TI
    ya i realized that a while ago, but thx anyways! but still i have 2 problems:

1- i tried adding pics to songs, the ones you can see while your song is playing, but they dont show up, i tried modifying them from the library and dragging them again but still they dont show up when the song is playing, and i tried changing some pics from songs that already had pics and they dont change, they keep the same. for example: the song Titanic has a pic of a boat, i try to change it and put the pic of a woman, but it doesnt change, in Itunes i deleted the boat pic and replaced it but still doesnt change.

2- i went to ipod support webpage in apple's site to find out how to transfer files, like documents, use it as a hard disk, it tells me to go to the options page in Itunes and check "enable disk use", but my option is greyed out! how can i use it?

btw ill check out for the free songs on Itunes, on the location u told me about spezzy, thx man!

9. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216
    Usually if you reset the thing it behaves. Do you know how?
    Hold Play/pause and power atleast I think that's it..i used to give support for those..but it was a while back..

10. NecroDemonNZXT

NecroDemonNZXT Master Guru

GPU:
    ATI HD4850
    Ok to download songs, u can use our favorite ''programmes''....now to manage ur ipod ull need i tunes.