Martial Arts vs Real Fight

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by CALIGULA, May 25, 2006.

1. ArCElM

ArCElM Banned

GPU:
    Gigabyte WF 680 x2 SLi
    Mate you need to understand something, Chuck Norris is not hung like a horse, horses are hung like Chuck Norris.

OK?

Oh and I cant remember who said it, cba to go quote now, but to the guy who said Jackie Chan and Jet Li blah blah lol (bless em) there actors, not fighters, allot of things make a fighter, being able to do gymnastics and ballet are not really anything to do with it, gimme Chuck Liddell in my corner anyday.

2. juke

juke Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 4070

But you really don't know anything about them don't you? They were martial arts champions before they were introduced to the film industry. And so was Samo Hung.

Last edited: May 27, 2006
  3. jiu-jitsuGOD

jiu-jitsuGOD Banned

GPU:
    quad sli8800GTX @826/2900 :) (H2o)
    bro i grew up in the bronx NY.I know who everyone is ..and a boxer is not a profesisional fighter he is a profesional boxer.. there is a difference

4. jiu-jitsuGOD

jiu-jitsuGOD Banned

GPU:
    you know that was the first time ive heard it perfectly put in lamans terms... :)

5. jiu-jitsuGOD

jiu-jitsuGOD Banned

GPU:
    COOL where and who do you train with? what belt are you in bjj?

good post.. i think it all comes down to who you fight as multiple attackers...

if you fight tom ,dick, and harry ..well you might have a chance .

but if you fight mirko crocop , minotouro , vaderlei silva together in a dark alley ....you better have a UT2004 rocket launcher with quad damage ....

6. zhackore

zhackore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus GTX 570
    kick boxing will save you.

7. SniperDaws

SniperDaws Banned

GPU:
    XFX7600GTXXX Zalman Vf900
    Straight forward boxing is the best technique, i have to punch hard because after 1min of scrapping im a mess and knackered just like most of you on here. it was diffrent when i was 16 and training 3 times a week but now im 31 and dont do anything i only have to run upstairs and im out of breath and a 2-3min scrap is completly exhausting.

i hit as hard as i can and if you dont go down after the 1st few punches then i can safely say im in the sh*t.........lol.

But at the end of the day its all good fun, until idiots bring tools then it doesnt matter how big and ugly the other guy is.

i wouldnt mind taking up kick boxing but im that knackered ill look a right twat infront of everyone...lol

8. Strikerx80

Strikerx80 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    eVGA 980 Ti SC +120/+300
    where do you mention experience. you just mention training and conditioning etc. training and actual experience are to different things

9. Chillin

Chillin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    @ ArCElM -

I am firmly against weight training, it only serves to slow down any punches you make or dis-coordinate them. What I mean is that you overbuild certain muscels so instead of doing a left jab straight it starts to go in a circle since the muscle around the shoulder prevents you from doing any other motion.

Speaking about fighting, me and my trainer went one on one today for a little while, no equipment, just hands. I was doing fine for the first 15 minutes, only let a few through to my stomach and one to my face, when I went for his face with a left jab he, while my punch was going foward, sidestepped out of the way and landed a clean left hook in my jaw... I nearly lost another tooth today.

10. gold_heart007

gold_heart007 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX N560Ti TwinFrozr2
    huh!Too hypothetical as the name shows itself.
    I have learnt Tai-chi.And praticing Muay-Thai Arts now a days.Thai boxing is one of the deadliest arts in Martial Arts,as you know.
    And believe me what you have told can happen to the very best of us.
    You just cant predict what the front guy facing you is thinking at that moment.You just have to judge very best of the moment.
    Ahh..please leave the movies and their actors.Jackie and Jet-li are definitely one of the most talented superstars in hollywood.But there is more to talent than which meets the eye.You have no idea,how much talent is available around.
    Its just that,everyone of us should be ready to face the worst of our fear anytime and anywhere.Forget the techniques,just come out of the situation and in your perspective way or manner!

11. UnclePappi

UnclePappi Banned

GPU:
    Asus 680 2gb 1250mhz
    You make a good point, sometimes too much muscle impedes blood flow also. Causing slower oxygen circulation through the body thus running out of gas while the lighter fighter keeps going strong on you. But if someone has too little muscle, I would suggest a little weight training. I think I'm at my sweet spot(6'1" and 200 lbs.) but would like to put a little bit more muscle on. Then maybe harden up a bit cause I'm a lazy bastard and have softened up since becoming a :nerd:

12. jiu-jitsuGOD

jiu-jitsuGOD Banned

GPU:
    read carefully my friend towards the bottom of the post ......

13. Chillin

Chillin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    I agree however that muscle is necassary, just not through weights.

Currently I am trying to continue to build muscle and co-ordination by hitting the heavy bag for a long time and also the speed-bag, speed-bag is in particular important for not only certain muscles but also co-ordination. Heavy bag is just used to get my punching form up and to build muscle properly.

14. Strikerx80

Strikerx80 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    eVGA 980 Ti SC +120/+300
    oops sry. wow i really didnt see that. and i read the whole thing atleast i thought i did. wierd....

15. AJ²06

AJ²06 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GT 330M 512MB
    I'll say one thing::: Street fighters fight dirty...

16. JohnMaclane

JohnMaclane Ancient Guru

GPU:
    8800GTS 640mb
    yeah aka basball bats, lead pipes,knifes possibly guns...

sometimes defending yourself = Body bag

17. Corrupt^

Corrupt^ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 3090 FE
    There arent many thugs with guns around here in Belgium but I once had an incident with 2 guy's and a baseball bat.

Thank god I used to play baseball alot... :D

18. Halo 273

Halo 273 Master Guru

GPU:
    POV Geforce 7800 GT
    well i used to do Karate for like 11 years and from what i lernt beening trained those give u an edge but saying this if u watch UFC u will see in some fights a brawler has beated a pro martial artist.

And even though i was fairly good trained, i.e various comptetions and a black belt under my name, whos not to say a punk could rough me up in the street or a group of punks (has not happened yet :dave: ) but still if someone lands a punch, a lucky punch in the right place u are falling down.

Saying this i could fight before i did martial arts cuz i was kinda wild anyway when i was a little younger only ppl i was scared of was Jeasus and my parents :)

But i think nowaday even if u are trained if a group of ppl pull knives on u attempting to mug u. If u are unskilled i would never recommend some to fight back cuz its not worth getting hurt badly or dieing.

The good thingabout martial arts is that it helps u judge the situation better i.e size up ur odds. If i see 5 guys and mare weaps like sticks or something i will try my odds but if i saw gun or some army combat knives i think i would just give over my stuff unless they plan to take my stuff and hurt me anyway then i might as well fight.

Last edited: May 28, 2006
  19. jiu-jitsuGOD

jiu-jitsuGOD Banned

GPU:
    good call. if people punk out by using multiple people to attack you ..**** yeah use weapons

20. AJ²06

AJ²06 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GT 330M 512MB
    broken glass bottles, brass knuckels, chains, metal spiked things, etc.... [too crasy]
    [​IMG]