Calling for Flight Simulation simmers--Can u fly well enough

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Mr.Bigtime, Apr 3, 2006.

1. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    My new SAITEK x 52 arrived last thursday
    [​IMG]

.it is a beauty that i cant explain to u with words.its very usefull.and i always like to flight with flight simulation.i like war jets as Total Air war EF2000 etc...But i mostly like Civil simulations.Now a days as i see i have one choice: MS flight Sim 2004. MS Flight Sim. X is on the way.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

and more is @
    http://www.microsoft.com/games/pc/flightsimulatorx.aspx

i think it will be out in summer.and i am ready for it with my hardware.thank god its not only for vista,but also for xp...there are many good mods out there for MSFS 2004.new planes new paints , new helicopters ares adventures many many more...everyday its growing..

My favourite, plane is Airbus A319..

[​IMG]

This baby girl give me pretty good times in the air. and easy to use and land.very modern aircraft that has computer support.and the original steering control of the plane is a joystick..yes.its real life controller is a joystick as in the modern war jets..:tomcat:

are there anyone who likes to fly virtually?or in real life?:dave: :nerd:

2. SniperDaws

SniperDaws Banned

GPU:
    XFX7600GTXXX Zalman Vf900
    Flight sims really bore me to be honest, but those new controls you got there look the part, does it feel real when flying?

3. GuitarScott

GuitarScott Maha Guru

GPU:
    BFG 9800GT 512MB
    imho.. that joystick costs too most just for a standalone throttle and a crappy display.

4. PuddingWagon

PuddingWagon Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 670
    My mates in the aircraft cadets, plays flight sim (combat) near constantly and would kill for one of those. His logitech one keeps dying in the middle of games/encounters. For me I just can't get into flight sims, probably because I can't remember half the controls, and WASD doesn't work :p.

5. PrinceGaz

PrinceGaz Maha Guru

GPU:
    GF8800GTS 640MB @ stock
    Actually you have two main choices, MSFS 2004 or X-Plane 8. If accurate modelling of how aircraft perform under various conditions matters to you, then X-Plane is better than MSFS 2004. It also has accurate terrain discs available covering most of the Earth, not just small areas.

http://www.x-plane.com/

Last edited: Apr 3, 2006
  6. Valuga

Valuga Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD/ATi Radon HD4870
    WooT game looks greath. :D i was thinking of buying it.. but have no resoults

7. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    x plane..i heard about it...will focus on it.
    This joystick is cheaper than here in world market i paid 220 $ for it.with my credit card for 24 moths instalment buying...but in ur market it is 75-120$ in different onlineshopping websites.i advice to all real simmers this joystick.it has no force feedback.it has its joystick rudder and very usefull.that LCD screen is also very very usefull.u get every available ibformation about ur fligh and joystick from that screen. and its bigger than how it looks on the pic.infact its HUGE!yes huge..it has every available hardware option to make it usefull for u.
    its the best hardware i have ever seen and use.....

8. llerenaprincipe

llerenaprincipe Ancient Guru

GPU:
    DIAMOND X1950XTX 512MB, 650/2000Mhz
    nice joystick, enjoy it
    i'm not much of an air guy
    i would die in less that 60 seconds

9. Foxbat25

Foxbat25 Maha Guru

GPU:
    2x EVGA 9800GTX`S
    I had the x-52(was very good) but took it back to compusa and got the thrustmaster cougar HOTAS.
    i love military war sims like falcon 4.0 allied force, LO-MAC, and Jetfighter V.
    if u think it`s boring try flying Falcon 4.0 AF against 31 other pilots with guns only in a FFA match.

10. Spin_Cykle

Spin_Cykle Member Guru

GPU:
    (R.I.P) XFX 7900GTX Ext.
    X-Plane 8.3 i think is the newest version around. I am a pilot in real life and as far as actual simulation is concerned X-Plane takes the cake. Pitch and power settings are right on, as well as aerodynamic charicteristics. Engineers at my school (www.erau.edu) create, test, and reproduce airfoil designs in X-Plane when they have spair time. The only problem with X-Plane is the lack of A/C available vrs. FS04. Happy flying and if you need any help feel free to pm me.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2006

11. morbias

morbias Don TazeMeBro

GPU:
    -
    Nice stick, imo flight simulators are a little boring and aren't really enough justification to spend that amount of money on a stick! but of course it's down to whatever floats your boat, I would more than willingly spend the same amount on a wheel as I love racing sims.

As for flight sims, well I prefer combat sims - I play them all on my microsoft sidewinder FF, £4 off ebay and still the daddy!

12. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    lol.we cant judge the enjoyment right :D

by the way.i got also a cheap china made steering wheel with pedals.i use it's pedals as rudders in the airplane :D..no way to CH's rudder set which is 100$ ..ahaha :D

13. morbias

morbias Don TazeMeBro

GPU:
    -
    $100 for pedals? holy cow, they're just a couple of pots ffs! I saw the ultimate thing for flight sim fans on the 'bay a few months ago, a genuine cockpit from a spitfire. Imagine building a setup using a real plane cockpit with a big screen 'outside', that would be hardcore!

14. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    :D its realy hardcore.by the way.i downloaded the xplane demo and it is the worst fly sim i ever seen and play :( :p :puke2:

15. PrinceGaz

PrinceGaz Maha Guru

GPU:
    GF8800GTS 640MB @ stock
    Each to their own. I guess you prefer flight-sims that concentrate on simplicity and fancy effects rather than the realism that X-Plane aims for.

16. ST19AG_WGreymon

ST19AG_WGreymon Guest

GPU:
    eVGA RTX2070
    Now if only it came with force feedback.

17. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    lol...i want to be real hardcore but...x plane gives me hard time to understand its structure

18. Skydiver173

Skydiver173 Member

GPU:
    PNY 7900GTX x 2 in SLI mode
    I love Flight Sim! Its very relaxing and fun with our group at...

Last edited: May 27, 2006
  19. morbias

morbias Don TazeMeBro

GPU:
    -
    :spam:

20. Skydiver173

Skydiver173 Member

GPU:
    PNY 7900GTX x 2 in SLI mode
    OK, edited... just thought those who enjoy it would like to join us...
    :tomcat: