Do you like the new nVidia Control Pannel?

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Warpy, May 24, 2006.

?

nVidia Forceware Control Pannel

1. I prefer Classic interface

50 vote(s)
    68.5%
  2. I prefer the new interface

23 vote(s)
    31.5%
  1. Warpy

Warpy Guest

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    With the release of the new 91.28 forceware beta drivers the new control pannel shows improvements for some, but what does the majority think?

2. Nave

Nave Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7800 GS EE 256MB @ 500/1400
    Besides being very buggy, its quite a hassel to navigate through it jsut to find small things liek temp, settings and etc. It looks nice overall and it is better than the ATI's CCC. Give it a month and it should get much better with the release of more 90 Series Drivers.

Just for the record, IT DOES NOT REQUIRE .NET!

3. nathanstaples89

nathanstaples89 Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD 7850 2GB
    I actually like it :)

4. xQuarkDS9x

xQuarkDS9x Member

GPU:
    3D Fuzion Nvidia Geforce 6200 128MB
    I found it too annoying to navigate around. Whereas with the old classic CP it was very easy to get what I wanted to.

5. WiCz

WiCz Member Guru

GPU:
    R9 290X OC WF
    It's just fine once you get used to it. Just like anything else, when something is new people tend to shy away from it at first because it is unfamiliar.....give it time.

Also if i am honest with myself, i very rarely open my control panel once things have been configured so i don't care either way tbh :)

6. FadeToBlack

FadeToBlack Active Member

GPU:
    ASUS/7600 GS/256 MB
    I am open-minded regarding new things as long as they are good. But this one...let's just say it isn't the best of nVIDIA...

7. Ade 1

Ade 1 Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 690
    Hi

Initial thoughts when I first saw it were positive but navigating around and finding exactly what I needed were a pain.....I've gone back to the classic one as everything you need is easy at hand....but like the other poster once configured initially I very rarely need to go back to it.....I've been using nHancer for creating profiles for a while now which is a lot more user friendly than nVidia's method.......but I'm sure they'll tweak the new panel in future versions at which time I'll probably be converted but until then............

Last edited: May 24, 2006
  8. NvidiaFreak

NvidiaFreak Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI Radeon HD 7660D
    its good but problem is, it has to be simple like ati control pannel. nvidia just put everything there lol. they need to add purevideo option and so on.

9. pimp_gimp

pimp_gimp Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Super SLI
    Well, at first I found it a little hard to navigate, but after playing around with it a bit I found it really easy to use. Now its hard to go back to using the classic CP, even though with it stuff isn't buried in multiple menus.

10. jsv004

jsv004 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 480 SLI
    Still has room for improvement, I mean there's still a few bugs with it, like tray icon alway appearing even though you disabled it through the new contorl panel and will keep reappearing until you right click on it and click exit on the tray. other than that it's ok.

11. sava700

sava700 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080GTX FWT
    This driver with it needs to be re-released.. the new view doesn't show the temps for the 2nd GPU for starters and thats important.. Its new so yeah change is just to get used to but if it doesn't have everything in it that its supposed to then it needs to be redone... so I vote classic view for now.. I 'll change my mind perhaps when they release a new set of drivers with a redone New view.

12. RejZoR

RejZoR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD4870 Silent
    Although new interface is ok it's still buggy like hell.
    I downloaded english drivers and got localized new CP (not to mention it's translated absolutelly awful, makes me wonder who the hell is translating it->Slovenian transaltion!). It's also crashing all the time when attempting to save nTune profiles via toolbar menu. ANd some options are unlogically digged under several menus when there is certanly no need for them.
    Other than that i like it. At least it loads fast and doesn't eat resources when not running. Unlike sluggish fat ATi creation. Yuck.

So i can't vote for any option. It's ok but needs lots of polishing, thats a fact.

13. bug77

bug77 Banned

GPU:
    Palit 8800GT
    Didn't have a chance to try it yet, but can you use something like Coolbits to make it let you overclock?

14. Rogue`

Rogue` Active Member

GPU:
    Power Colour X1950Pro 256MB
    Yea, but I cant find the extra D3D setting to help with Oblivion performence....

So far so good, but as said it need's more polish ;)

15. deathvirus

deathvirus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2070 MaxQ 8GB
    looks good ... but it is almost flawless ? heard that some people are facing the problem where the settings revert to default after closing the cp .. and the regional language settings ....

16. mosca.br

mosca.br Guest

GPU:
    MSI 7800GT + BFG 7800GT SLI
    Personaly, the only thing I liked is the temp. logging capabilities...

Otherwise, they only make me click more time to achieve the same thing.

17. jsv004

jsv004 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 480 SLI
    I had that same problem with one of the modified 84.43 drivers which included the new CP, but not anymore with 91.28.

18. Burn

Burn New Member

GPU:
    BFG 7800GS (AGP)
    I hav a Gateway 21" Monitor and the control panel does not work with the EZ-Tune software, but i like the new driver.