NVIDIA ForceWare 91.28 Download and Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by ginfest, May 23, 2006.

1. Z3R0-CooL

Z3R0-CooL Active Member

GPU:
    2 BFG GTX285
    Guys.. take note...

those of you with SLI. The profiles by default use Single GPU Rendering. That means that the two cards are not used for SLI.

if you change the setting in Global settings you will find your results being "normal"..

just run a test and i was right..

CSS
    84.43 = 130
    91.28 default profiles = 90
    91.28 global SLI performance changed to Auto-Select = 131.

same with 3dmark06 and FEAR

2. Dup

Dup Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 8800GTS 640MB SC
    I am happy with these drivers so far.

No issues. Not using the control panel as I'm not into all that overclocking lark. My card works with everything really well anyway.

Video playback is a lot more crisp on my NEC 20WGX2. BF2 looks a lot cleaner and very sharp.

Image quality is impressive. Now the test of time and stability will tell.

Here's a screen from BF2 with new drivers:

[​IMG]

3. StealthBomber

StealthBomber Member Guru

GPU:
    Fully modded X1950GT
    Compared to the 78.92 drivers all the MPEG4/xvid/divx videos looks rather crap like someones turned up the "gain" too high, I've checked and configured all the colour correction settings and the sharpness option set to lowest but the IQ still looks crap.

Kinda looks like an "enhance detail" filter has been applied which of course always produces more noise.

Does anyone else notice this problem?

4. AgentGOD

AgentGOD Guest

Well guys, don't forget to turn off the pre-set AA and AF settings in the CPanel these drivers come with ;)

Great performance and image quality, gained quite a few 3DMark points on all of them.

The bad: All videos played is green... (not solid, but like colored green). Even with "Video acceleration" off in Windows Media Player.

5. tot2012

tot2012 New Member

GPU:
    8800GT @ 700/1700/950
    Nice drivers indeed... Do you know if the defaut settings are the same than previous versions?

Here are my results with 3dmark06:

84.43: 3930 (sm2.0:1825 - hdr:1802 - CPU:896)

91.28: 3940 (sm2.0:1821 - hdr:1818 - CPU:895)

6. Syncrod

Syncrod Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3090 G-OC
    same here

anybody noticed the "Smarter" De-Interlance method in purevideo??

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 24, 2006
  7. Kaleid

Kaleid Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7900xt
    I really dislike the new controlpanel. Too many menues to get to the place where you want to go, too much of a beginnersguide.

8. AngryAryan

AngryAryan Guest

This is what i have been saying for a while now. Just because the new cp is "new" doesnt always mean better. Its not efficient. It requires NET 2.0. Its horrible.

9. meatfestival92

meatfestival92 Guest

GPU:
    Geforce 9800 GTX @ 815/2078/1180
    Very solid drivers, but the new control panel is a sorry mess.

10. TonyM16

TonyM16 Master Guru

GPU:
    BFG 8800GTX SLI on Dell 3007
    I installed ntune just know ,as I figured out thats how I get the extra catogries, but now my whole system keeps locking up cause of it. I will have to reinstall windows now, as I don't see any uninstall for ntune, and besides , I installed the new driver on a fresh install, so it's not a huge problem. But anyone who doesn't find it easy to reinstall windows steer clear of the new 5.o ntune.

Begin Rant :(

Also I just noticed a horrible bug. If you change the control panel to classic panel and then go back to the new panle, all the game profiles dissapear. This is terrible. I am also a bit annoyed abot the fact that they havn't sorted out the Tomb Raider problem yet. I mean come on, the game is being sold as part of XFX 7900 packages and even the game itself says to buy a Nvidia card to get the best performance. I think this is pretty lame.

In truth I have been waiting for a decent driver since I made my PC. Every driver seems to have one problem or another , and all debalitating problems no less. I don't think I have had a single driver from Nvidia that I can say hand on heart is great and problem free. I had all my hopes pinned on this driver. I really thought my journey had come to an end. I guess it was just a mirage, my journey has far from ended. I will have to reinstall again, and have no idea what driver to use? I am exhausted from all this fiddling around with drivers. Why can't PC games just work? Why does it have to be such a hassle? The worst thing is that there just doesn't seem to be a cure in sight and everyone just seems to put up with it. I have two of the very best gpus money can buy and yet Nvidia seems to tret us all like punks. I just wish we get just one good set of drivers ,just one.

End :(

11. Mad Cow

Mad Cow Maha Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire+HIS X1950 PRO Crossfire+OC
    I love this driver, especially the noise reduction for videos. It made am almost lightless scene shot with a camcorder seem almost normal, with the noise reduction off the noise was horrible, with it on it waqs almost unnoticeable.

I agree with you TonyM16, I haven't tried these drivers with any games yet, but all the previous drivers had their own problems, there's no such thing as perfect (or even stable) nvidia drivers anymore. :(

12. Kaleid

Kaleid Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7900xt
    Is there a way to disable the trayicon? Can't seem to find it... as said, the new CPanel is a mess.

13. orenda635

orenda635 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    BFG 7600GS 256mb / Radeon 9550 32mb
    A good driver but no real improvement over 84.66. I didn't even bother with the new control panel.

14. NvidiaFreak

NvidiaFreak Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI Radeon HD 7660D
    yes there a perfect and stable driver, its call 84.56 WHQL. Never fail me and play perfect in all of my games, now i need a new a ZS driver and i am ready to go.

15. alpha2k

alpha2k Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 8800GTX 768MB
    I'm not 100% sure, but I do believe Cod2 is gl, and it runs fine here.

16. TonyM16

TonyM16 Master Guru

GPU:
    BFG 8800GTX SLI on Dell 3007
    Really! I don't think i have tried this one .How comes it isn't at the Nvidia site if it's WHQL? Anyway, can I ask you what the image quality is like of this driver and also does it play Oblivion and Tom Raider well? I am asking cause I am in the market for a new driver , but am completley stuch as to which to use, and am fed up of testing. I just want a driver that I know will work well, and allow me to play Oblivion and Tomb Raider well.

17. NvidiaFreak

NvidiaFreak Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI Radeon HD 7660D
    for oblivion and tomb raider legends this great is good for them, run fast too. i beat TR with this driver and no slow down too. for IQ there are good not great as in 91.28 but good. give them a test. u can find the driver @ page 5

18. Hanjin

Hanjin Guest

GPU:
    8gb RX Vega 64 LE
    Hmm i dont know if i should download these or stick with my Tweaked 84.66 drivers.

Thanks for the drivers though.

19. pimp_gimp

pimp_gimp Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Super SLI
    Yes, there is a way its pretty easy click "View" and uncheck Show Notification Tray Icon

20. Nave

Nave Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7800 GS EE 256MB @ 500/1400
    You can, it's in the view settings. Search through the menus at the top. But it's so buggy at the moment and when you disable it, it re appears LOL. I went back to the classic view and disable it and voila, its gone for good as how it should be.