Monitor does not enter the suspend mode

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by delfincek, May 23, 2006.

1. delfincek

delfincek Member

GPU:
    Sapphire HD4870
    I have an Abit NF7-S board with Athlon 2500+ Mobile Barton, an NVidia Geforce 6800GT card & EIZO T962 CRT monitor. I have power settings set to switch
    off the monitor after 15 minutes, but the monitor only goes into Standby mode
    instead of Suspend. In this mode, although the screen is blank & the front LED is still green. I read in the manual that in this mode monitor actually use just a little less than full power.

Obviously the intention is to get it to go into Suspend mode (slow LED flashing) where the power usage goes down to a mere fraction of full. I've tried messing with the Power Management settings in the Bios, but none of them appear to have any effect on what Windows does in the end. Anyone have any ideas ? Is this by anychance connected with the Nvidia drivers. I use latest official WHQL drivers that I took from the NVidia home page.

Thanks for your answers.

2. martin2006

martin2006 Master Guru

GPU:
    onboard geforce 6100
    sounds like it is more to do with the monitor, does the manual give no hints on what could cause it?.

3. delfincek

delfincek Member

GPU:
    Sapphire HD4870
    This is everything that is in the manual and no more details.

From the manual:
    VESA DPMS power-saving method
    VESA DPMS utilizes four signals: ON, STANDBY, SUSPEND, and OFF.
    The monitor detects these signals from the graphics board and executes
    power-saving accordingly, as illustrated below.

[​IMG]

Under the monitor settings (EIZO monitor directly) I can only select powermanager ON or OFF. I have it set to ON.