30fps is the way to go?

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by ROBSCIX, May 22, 2006.

1. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216
    Hey guys, I am new to the tweaking thing etc, I have a older card etc..then again I am not a big gamer. OK I always read guys trying to make sure they get 30FPS, so am I to understand that you try to get a game to look the best you can aslong as it never goes below 30FPS? is that the way it goes? I usually just try to get the best framerates I can out of a game, I usually turn things off...I never tried 30fps..etc..Does this make sense?

2. martin2006

martin2006 Master Guru

GPU:
    onboard geforce 6100
    it depends on your eyes.. you might really notice 30fps whereas going up to 40 is great for you. its more a prefereance thing than anything

just go for a trade between noticeable frame rate and good image quality

3. PMental

PMental Member

GPU:
    X1600 Pro 512Mb AGP @695/477
    It all depends on what kind of game you're playing as well, and whether it's single player or multiplayer... some CS and Quake players couldn't live with anything below 60FPS and it's generally considered that for trained players even higher framerates are useful.

If you don't play twitch and shoot games online, don't worry... just get the game looking good and play as well as you want it.