The Da Vinci Code gets bashed by the critics at Cannes

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by Sash, May 18, 2006.

1. 2 things, keep the topic based on the movie and dont go into your personal religious belifes or the topic will be locked down.

Me and my Fiance saw the movie last night, she reads books constantly like 2-3 novels a month, she never read the books but we both agreed it was one of the best movies we have seen in a long time. Good acting, good plot, good filming.

I just saw the trailer and knew it was going to be good.

Sure not everybody will like it, especilly people that might let there religion effect how they feel about it, but take it for what it is. A movie, movies are not true so just because it may not agree with somthing you belive in its no diffrent than the ninjas that can jump 1000feet into the air on the movie playing next to you.

So for all those who are taking sombody elses word (critics) on how good a movie it was, I will give my honest opinion that they were wrong.

2. GODzillaSDM

GODzillaSDM Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 FTW

Well put. saw it yesterday morning. I feel same way. so..^^ ditto to that.

3. Satan

Satan Guest

GPU:
    some
    I saw it last night. Excellent movie! Highly reccomended. Some parts were not for the feint of heart, but it was pretty good and was mostly like the book (how close can it get, really, it was a long book).

-Satan

4. Shadowsoldier

Shadowsoldier Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia Geforce GTX 660 ti
    Yea, 500 pages...

5. Azza92

Azza92 Active Member

GPU:
    HD4870 512MB
    Don't always believe the critics ;)

6. TheGriffin

TheGriffin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Intel HD Graphics 3000
    I gotta say, it was really nicely scripted along the book. Also, the people who bitch about the movie being a bit different than the book, well guess what? They want to leave the people who read the book with somekind of difference so they don't feel ripped off for god sakes, it would suck if the whole movie was based EXACTLY on the book.

7. Mod Enerjen

Mod Enerjen Member Guru

GPU:
    Geforce 7800
    The movie achieved the book's purpose well

8. T1tan

T1tan Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 24GB GDDR
    i saw it twice, the 1st time (friday) i literaly watched about 10 mins of it, my girl(s) was with me, but today, i went alone and watched it. IT WAS GREEEEEAT! dude, its an awsome movie! go see it asap.

9. Omeguz

Omeguz Maha Guru

GPU:
    GeForce 6600 256 MB AGP
    I read the book when it first came out. I preferred Angels and Demons by an infinite margin, but still like The DaVinci Code.

I can honestly say that the movie was drastically better than what I had expected after reading the first reviews. It had reasonably good acting (Silas was brilliant), Tom Hanks being the only exception. He simply didn't fit the part, he didn't look comfortable and familiar with the role. They should have taken someone new, someone fresh. That alone is one of the biggest drawbacks of the movie. Hanks and Tatou have absolutely NO chemistry, which is dissapointing because they did in the book.

Either way, I liked it. It was way too long, much longer than it had to be. I found myself groaning for the plot to move on, and I even KNOW the plot!
    It was good, I loved Silas, but then Paul Bettany is one of my favorite actors. Certainly not as bad as the critics painted it to be. Make your own opinion, go see it, it's worth it.