Guru 3D Crossfire Users Guide

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon' started by MikeMK, May 1, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. phrozin

phrozin Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX980
  2. SpajdrEX

SpajdrEX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gainward RTX 4070
  3. MikeMK

MikeMK Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 4090
    Personally, i wouldnt be too sure. I would go with either Viewsonic, Samsung or Dell for a monitor. They seem to get the best results and I have seen many people happy with any of those makes...

4. phrozin

phrozin Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX980
    Agree I would add the benq FP202W to that list, most of the wide screen 20'' use the same panel me I have been eyeing either the viewsonic and the benq specially now viewsonic have changed it dpp to no dpp much more attractive

the dell 24" is also a very nice looking piece of kit for the price

hey mike you where right buddy i love this board now, man what a night mare to set up but she's cracking now m8, I finally got my head around the pci-e set up as well geepers get 1 setting wrong here and she slows here up, i can now go xfire with out a worry thank god!

5. MikeMK

MikeMK Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 4090
    Yeah, the board rocks, but it takes DAYS to get working right. And as u say, get one setting wrong, and uve had it! LOL! Once u get it right though it purrs. The board has the potential to be the best enthusiast 939 board, if they churn out bios's like they did with the DR.

6. SpajdrEX

SpajdrEX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gainward RTX 4070
    I though my mobo was faulty, cause last few days if i bumped Mhz on GPU too much .. VPU tried to recover it, but i just seen most of time black screen. Ok restarting .. looking at debug LED, it showed nothing that should make any sense, then C1 25 29 .. and some garbage and restarted nonstop, even reset cmos didnt help, so i unplugged battery, unplugged 24ping ATX connector (first i switch off PSU) .. leave it for like five minutes, plugged everything again and no problems now, even boot is faster lol, looks like bios can hold up too much information and then it can do a bad mess :)

7. Lane

Lane Guest

GPU:
    2x HD7970 - EK Waterblock
    sorry for you but i have the feelings you can't do this for the moment.. some say after the driver 6.5 it will be possible ( for X1800 ) but i have no idea if it will be for the 6.5 or 6.6 driver..
    you need wait the release and try find more info about this..
    Or you need a Mastercard...

Last edited: May 18, 2006
  8. SpajdrEX

SpajdrEX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gainward RTX 4070
    surely, 6.5 will be released next week, not this one :-(
    got the 20" Fujitsu Siemens, its lovely!

9. phrozin

phrozin Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX980
    I get the exact same thing the debug led stops on 29 so hit the restart button and the board just keeps restarting until I unplug the power and it does it 1 more time then the bios is reset and shuts down the pc I actually though it was my chill control on the vapo doing it but maybe not now you have the same issue, which is bloody annoying don’t know how many times i have set the date and time on this thing.

I have worked it out to be the memory timings are too tight also the drive strength is a bit different than other boards I have had, my gskill will not boot at drive strength at any more than 4, now I know about the dimm voltage and setting that accordingly I don’t have any where near as many probs the board is rock solid @ 266x12 with my gskill at 266 2,2,2,6,t1 but I haft to put the voltage to 3.71 bios to get real 3.5v weird.

The pci-e setting are very handy indeed the over current is great for over clocking the vid also the setting for pci-e power limit I raise to 150 on both also a small increase in voltage to the SB PCIE Voltage, SouthBridge Vcore voltage, NB Analogue Voltage, LDT Bus voltage,NB Core Voltage

get the set up right and this thing rocks :)

Last edited: May 19, 2006
  10. SpajdrEX

SpajdrEX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gainward RTX 4070

11. mikob

mikob Member

GPU:
    ATI Radeon 9550 8x 256mb
    No stop don't get any of those shoddy LCDs theyre talking about. I myself wanted to get a new one for my birthday but my dad turned me down. This one is a BEAST! 6 MS responce time! 24 inches of LCD GODLINESS. Just read the reviews, its better then any normal 24" better pixel ratio and stuff. But the best part is the $700/750 price! ya thats right guys start savin up, im afraid i wont be able to join the party though, cause my dad. Its the ACER AL2416WD, holy smak I memorized the model name... Ya its on newegg and tigerdirect. Newegg has the reviews, tigerdirect has more pictures of it. That with a crossfire, tight shiite!

Also I have a question, what kind of camera do u have man, cause its damn good! And when i need to get one, it will be that one.

Another question, I have an ATI Radeon 9550 AGP 8x 256mb that ONLY has the heatsink, is there still a way I can upgrade it u know and put a fan on it like this one: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16835110103
    ???

Because I can OC it like an oven, but its dangerous without a fan.

12. Deeko

Deeko Member

GPU:
    X1900XT + X1900XTX CF
    That Acer LCD got pretty poor reviews and doesnt even have a DVI input connector! It doesnt have anywhere near the features of the Dell 24" 2405 and the image quality isnt as good either, a poor buy for what you get for your money IMO. Id advise anyone to buy the tried and tested Dell 24" 2405 over the Acer any day of the week if they are in the market for a 24" model.

Review:

http://www.trustedreviews.com/article.aspx?page=5373&head=0

You wont be playing any games at the Acers native res of 1920x1200 with a Radeon 9550, you will be playing at 800x600 that will further reduce the image quality bigtime.

Last edited: May 21, 2006
  13. MikeMK

MikeMK Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 4090
    Mate, be careful with what you are calling 'shoddy', there are alot of people around here that have had great experiences with Dell, Samsung and Viewsonic monitors (if u look at some viewsonics they go as low as 2ms response) myself included where viewsonic and samsung come in. Nothing wrong with recommending something you've found to be good, but dont be too easy to label things 'shoddy', when the fact is they certainly arent.

14. phrozin

phrozin Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX980
    hheheh shoddy me thinks some one is a tad out of touch or just plain clue less, viewsonic have been making some of the best monitors for years and a favourite of games for as long as i can remember (and that a long time ;) )crt and lcd as for samsung they have been the world leader in lcd tech for ages and dell are 1 of the most sort after monitors around. dear oh dear

anyhow where you been mike every thing ok there buddy?

15. MikeMK

MikeMK Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 4090
    Yeah, everythings fine mate. Been helping a mate set up his watercooling the last day or so. Just playin a few games now. Rig is running ok, although i have another snd card issue! :rolleyes:
    It seems whenever i change the volume using the elite pros external module when im in a game my PC reboots... grrrr... very annoying. Appart from that all is good.

16. mikob

mikob Member

GPU:
    ATI Radeon 9550 8x 256mb
  17. mikob

mikob Member

GPU:
    ATI Radeon 9550 8x 256mb
    oh no, DEEKO, ur looking at a completely different model. So that review = VOID, im talkin about the al2416wd, not al2416ws. And also W-T-F, 800x600 are u smokin shisha! There is no game that I have to play with that kind of res

18. SpajdrEX

SpajdrEX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gainward RTX 4070
    hmm so screen is shaking with new LCD too, oh well ...

19. phrozin

phrozin Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX980

didnt think getting a new lcd would help as i have said mike is the only guy who seems to have a handle on it (xfire) as he had a sort of the same issue at first but was irq sharing are you having any irq probs? I don’t know if this is any help but when I ordered my master (powercolor) I had it checked before it was sent out and if proved to be faulty, the supplier got 4 in and apparently all 4 had the same fault wile in 3d they have been told it was a bad batch but I don’t know much more than that except my replacement card was supposed to arrive Wednesday then Friday and now Monday, so do you think you also may have a faulty card have you approached the manufacture, my new powercolor xtx was also checked and no fault found so its only the masters that are faulty, so maybe time for you to ra the card or the motherboard

mikob fair enough buddy :)

20. Deeko

Deeko Member

GPU:
    X1900XT + X1900XTX CF

Apperently the Europeon version doesnt have a DVI, the Amercian version does for some reason. This thread is about Crossfire, not about a screen you dont even own or problems with your ancient Radeon 9550, in other forums what you are doing is called 'hijacking' or plain 'spamming' a good thread that has nothing to do with your problem. Start your own thread instead of ruining this one.

How can you even say if something is so great if you dont even own the thing? (mental)

Last edited: May 22, 2006
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.