Guru 3D Crossfire Users Guide

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon' started by MikeMK, May 1, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SpajdrEX

SpajdrEX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gainward RTX 4070
    something new i found, though i cant test it, but friend who got crossfire working, when i check DVI to VGA adapter it have additional 2x3 rows of pins, not like mine DVI cable that i got with LCD ... which have - pin then 3x3 rows ... then space where could fit 2x3 rows then again 3x3 rows .. gonna try to use DVI to VGA adapter on other side or VGA cable.

2. Deeko

Deeko Member

GPU:
    X1900XT + X1900XTX CF
  3. MikeMK

MikeMK Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 4090
    I think thats normal, for u to have pins missing on the monitor DVI cable. Mine is exactly the same. BTW, i think there are alot of ppl that have had your problems. I know some of them had it down to a dodgy xfire cable, although im not entirely sure how u would test that!

4. SpajdrEX

SpajdrEX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gainward RTX 4070
    Deeko and Mike : what DVI cable you got ? single or dual link?

EDIT : ok thanks Mike for info, well i tried this over DVI to VGA with Asus, but it not helped, only here with HIS.

EDIT2 : i guess thats all i can do. Gonna live with little rolling screen, better then shaky one for sure :D

Last edited: May 11, 2006

5. MikeMK

MikeMK Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 4090
    Its very odd. been reading a couple of threads about ppl with same problem. I personally think its the dongle at fault, seeing as i have a HIS mastercard with no problems at all!
    Only other thing i can think of is playing with the PCI-E settings in bios. If u go to my guide, in the bit where i meation the CFX3200, i give a link to OCZ Tony's guide on the board. Go to that and he has a bit on best config for PCI-E on the DFI. Just match his settings and see wot it does. Its a long shot, but u never no!

6. Copey

Copey Guest

GPU:
    960 2GB
    god MikeMK, you know your stuff dont ya,

10,000 in 3dmark06 when OC , thats crazy

both guides are very good reads and very informative ,

keep up the good work :)

7. SpajdrEX

SpajdrEX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gainward RTX 4070
    And how they resolve it? with new dongle cable?

8. MikeMK

MikeMK Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 4090
    Yup, resolved it for a few, but the prob is it means a replacement card i think. U cant get em seperately. Even thats not a guarentee. And ppl arent 100% sure thats the actual issue. After all if they are getting a replacement card aswell as the dongle, it could be the card still!

Is it u posting on this thread?

http://www.rage3d.com/board/showthread.php?t=33846405

EDIT: also what redist of DX9 are u using mate? I read on anandtech that u need atleast the feb redist for xfire to work. Maybe try uninstalling your drivers running Driver cleaner (i no thats a pain, but u gotta do these things right to make sure!), and then install the april redist (DL from guru) of DX9, then reinstall the drivers. I know i had some DX issues with xfire when i 1st started. Worth a shot.

Last edited: May 11, 2006
  9. SpajdrEX

SpajdrEX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gainward RTX 4070
    im using april redistr, so thats ok, well i though i could buy crossfire cable, but no idea where to get it in my country, not sure even where in Europe.
    But if my dongle cable is bad, why it work finely when i underclock just gpu from 1.4V to 1.375V while it works finely with DVI to VGA to 1.45V just for test, i just dont get it.

Yes, thats me on rage3d, also on other forums, so anyone who is getting crossfire can know what to expect from it :) i even throw ticket to ATI, but so far only "try to DVI alternate option" which do nothing.

I can try driver cleaner, but i got fresh install, just twice in row 6.3 CATs installed, also sometimes driver cleaner messed something so CCC panel couldnt be installed, needed to reinstall windows again :) so i take driver cleaner as last option :)

10. SpajdrEX

SpajdrEX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gainward RTX 4070
    hmm i renamed oblivion.exe to AFR friendly .. black screen then CTD :-(
    Im using chuck cats.

11. SpajdrEX

SpajdrEX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gainward RTX 4070
  12. SpajdrEX

SpajdrEX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gainward RTX 4070
    guys anyone know where to buy
    Radeon® X1800/X1900 CrossFire™ Edition Cable
    in Europe? any of you know some webshop that sell it?

13. MikeMK

MikeMK Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 4090
    Ahh, didnt realise u were using ATT. It doesnt support xfire yet! BTW, i have a similar problem with oblivion. In the menus it will flicker back and forth between two background frames, a bit like u r seeing. However, it only happens if i load the game, play it for a while. Quite back to desktop, and then reload. Then to get rid of it all i have to do is reboot, and then its fine againg until the next time i quit the game. Very odd. The actual game runs very nicely with xfire, its only menu screens i see this.

14. SpajdrEX

SpajdrEX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gainward RTX 4070
    Ok, i though i got something messed up :)
    Mike i see you live in London, can you know some online shops there who sells crossfire cable and send stuff over Europe?

15. MikeMK

MikeMK Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 4090
    Have to be honest mate, i havnt seen anyone selling them sperately yet. I guess your best bet might be to contact the card manufacturer (you have a HIS right?) and see if they will send u one.

16. SpajdrEX

SpajdrEX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gainward RTX 4070
    another small victory, screen was rolling over VGA input on LCD .. when i run powerstrip, it inicialize LCD .. black screen .. then back to desktop and screen stopped rolling :)

EDIT.: nevermind, not really worked, its rolling again.

Last edited: May 13, 2006
  17. SpajdrEX

SpajdrEX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gainward RTX 4070
    ok .. another findings .. if i overclock to 700Mhz GPU then setting voltage to 1.525V .. it stops shaking. Weird
    Actually i can have 1.375Mhz if i want 625-650Mhz .. then i must set to 1.525V if i want more Mhz on GPU, anything btw 1.39V and 1.5V and its shaky.

Last edited: May 15, 2006
  18. phrozin

phrozin Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX980
    Guys I will just chime in here I have done a fair bit of testing with the latest att and I have found that running it I have had a few weird issues with my card also it seems to slow my system a fair bit so much so I no longer use it and wait for ray Adams to get it sorted.

Also found issues with the overclocker program its ok for the voltages but the core clocks cause the card to hard lock in 3d, so far ati tool seems to be the only app that seems to do the job but even that is not perfect atm as to 2d and 3d clocks.

As for the voltages in ati tool the 3d voltage of the x1900 is 1.475 so don’t get confused with ati tools 1.175v which is 2d so if you lower the vgpu below that you are actually lowering the cards 3d voltage. I think ati tool cannot distinguish between 2d and 3d atm so in fact you are under volting the cards 3d

19. SpajdrEX

SpajdrEX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gainward RTX 4070
    i know that 2D voltage is 1.175V .. but 1.475V .. you mean default 3D voltage? im sure its 1.4V as default.

I will get Fortron EPSILON FX700-GLN 700W today, Tagan 580W can hold it, but with Fortron it will be more safe. I dont know why but i have only 12700 with CF in 3D Mark 05 .. thats basically same as with overclocked solo XTX card to 750/875 .. something fishy in my PC is.

Just for info .. 550/600 and 1.175V for 3D is enough for card :)

20. phrozin

phrozin Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX980
    no its x19 1.475 well mine is the nvidia 79gtx is 1.4 the defult 3d clocks for a x19 are 625/1450 for xt and xtx is 650/1550 when you go into 3d the vid card will increase the voltage by the look up table and increase the clocks so it will still up the voltage bud ;) think you should test your voltage with a mm m8 dont think you have your head around it yet as for your score the 144 opti wont be doing you any favors :eek3:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.