NEED NEW RIVATUNER FOR 7900 Series

Discussion in 'RivaTuner Advanced Discussion forum' started by maverik-sg1, Mar 18, 2006.

1. wheels2040

wheels2040 New Member

GPU:
    eVGA 7900GT CO Superclocked
    I can confirm tubnotub1's observation. I have the eVGA Superclocked as well and the fan sliders do work just as he says.

2. xhanatos

xhanatos Member

GPU:
    XFX 7900GT being RMA'd
    you guys are lucky! i have an xfx 7900gt and the fan sliders does not do anything.

yeah, it's plausible that eVGA's GT cards are using the same architecture as GTX, save production costs in the long run.

Here in Australia, the eVGA GT CO SC is almost $100australian (~$77US) more expensive than what I paid for my xfx 7900gt vivo :(

Last edited: May 7, 2006
  3. maverik-sg1

maverik-sg1 Guest

GPU:
    Inno3d GTX570
    Fans too noisey? Get some Watercooling action my friend - very quiet ;)

4. h4rb1ng3r

h4rb1ng3r New Member

GPU:
    XFX 7900GT 550/1630
    dammit! the whole reason i was hanging out for the next Rivatuner was so i can slow down my hairdryer 7900GT! :S

oh well it looks like i might be investing in a Zalman VF900CU. Its a shame theres no decent single slot aftermarket coolers, if any at all!

5. MC1

MC1 Member Guru

GPU:
    GIGABYTE 6600GT
    Thankx alot for all your hard work unwinder. The previous rivatuners rocked and I am sure the next one will be even better. Your program realy helped me score some frames. I cant wait for RC16.

6. Roger_D25

Roger_D25 Guest

GPU:
    Asus Strix GTX980Ti
    First of all welcome to the forum, nice to have you aboard! There are many decent aftermarket single slot coolers for your card! The Zalman is good and so is the Artic Cooling coolers out there. I think they have 2 different versions, one is just the regular version and then they have a better higher performance version which is awesome! Besides those, there are a few silent coolers out there that work passivly, not the best for overclocking your card or for gaming but if noise levels are important to you than this might be the way to go!

7. xhanatos

xhanatos Member

GPU:
    XFX 7900GT being RMA'd
    http://forums.overclockers.com.au/showthread.php?p=5854533 you can use a hacked nv silencer to fit the 7900gt.

yeah, riva tuner rocks! i'm eagerly awaiting for the next release :bounce:

8. plextor10000

plextor10000 New Member

GPU:
    GF 7800 GTX 512 SLI
    Fan Speed Set in Bios

If the users really want to decreaase the Fan speed :

Save - Edit - Reflash the Bios , Set the fannspeed to 50% by example , and try how many the temperature is increasing with overclocking, if not leave it that way.

I will not recommend bios editors what is not publiced on www.guru3d.com , but when you contact me directly i can tell you . I don't want to yell on this forum , or point people to another site.

Guru3D, is for years the startpage , private and on my job, the great page for drivers, and reviews.

But ve aware, when you set the speed lower,a nd the card will be hot, it can damage also

I will not give critics on you Unwinder, but the guys really want to set the fanspeed, and when it is not possible with RT, we take another tool

Sorry, I've erroneously edited your posting instead of replying to it.

Last edited by a moderator: May 10, 2006
  9. SniperDaws

SniperDaws Banned

GPU:
    XFX7600GTXXX Zalman Vf900
    is there anyway i can slow/speed up my 7600GT Fan?

10. PerfectCr

PerfectCr Active Member

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 Gaming 4GB
    I agree :( I need Riva Tuner, my 7600GT fan is so loud :puke2:

11. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

That's 100% useless recommendation, sorry. It is NOT and issues of RT beeing unable to do something. If the ForceWasre is not able to control fan speed due to missing / malfunctioning fan control circuit, then neither editing fan speed via BIOS nor changing the speed on the fly via RT will help. Both ways do absolutely the same, editing BIOS just sets default 2D/LP3D/3D fan speeds for the driver, RT just passes these things to the driver on the fly. If the driver is not able to control fan speed, none of these ways will work.

12. Unwinder

There is no need to "add" a controller. PWM controller is intagrated in any NV30 or newer chip. The fan just must be connected to the chip's GPIO PWM pins to get fan control working.
    So probably EVGA just altered PCB a bit. There is also other reason left (unlikely, but still possible): reference design VGA BIOS could potentially lock PWM controller usage and EVGA could unlock it. It would be nice if you could flash your card with reference BIOS to verify if it "kills" fan control, or someone else with different 7900GT could try flashing EVGA BIOS.

13. Unwinder

14. PerfectCr

PerfectCr Active Member

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 Gaming 4GB
  15. smut

smut Guest

GPU:
    GTX 960 SuperSC