Dont yell at me :(

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by nock23, May 1, 2006.

1. nock23

nock23 New Member

Ok guys i was looking over a simple guide to overclocking. I downloaded rivatuner and i dont know what to do next lol. The tab that the guide tells me to click on is not that. I dont know much about pc's but i want to overclock for gaming purposes. Dont tell me to search because my search has yielded no results. My card is a 6150 LE. Thanks in advance

2. dboniuk

dboniuk Guest

GPU:
    Asus Strix 3090 OC
    Search harder. There is an entire forum dedicated to Rivatuner. In addition, try to documentation that you will find in the installation folder you put Rivatuner in.

DJB

3. archie123

archie123 Guest

GPU:
    Aorus 1080ti Extreme
    mate as your a beginner id recommend coolbits yuo can get it from the download section at these forums , its basically a registry fix that adds overclocing tabs to your desktop driver settings.

once installed you'll notice an extra tab in there called clock frequency settings and in there its just a case of sliding the wee sliders up and down to increase and decrease your various clock speeds. (one for 2d and one for 3d) the 3d one is the one you want to be concentrating on but many people set both 2d and 3d the same as sometimes it can cause problems if not.

be very careful and keep an eye on your temps and look out for abnomalities in your games , increase your clock speeds a little at a time and test each time.

Do some research first maybe on overclocking because it can damage your card.

riva tuner does however have a very handy monitoring tool , as has been mentioned , look up the readme file for tips.

Hope this helps :)

Last edited: May 2, 2006
  4. smapty

smapty Member Guru

GPU:
    8800GT x2 (SLI) Stock
    We all started somewhere.........this is Nock23's start.

At one point we were all born yesterday.

5. Jabbah

Jabbah Guest

except me, im a god :p

6. smapty

smapty Member Guru

GPU:
    8800GT x2 (SLI) Stock
    yes Jabbah ....yes you are.

7. archie123

archie123 Guest

GPU:
    Aorus 1080ti Extreme
    exactly , i started here at these forums many moons ago , and look at me now ;) ;) ;) ;)

8. smapty

smapty Member Guru

GPU:
    8800GT x2 (SLI) Stock
    Why did you decide to give me such a small wing-wanger god (Jabbah)

Last edited: May 2, 2006
  9. smapty

smapty Member Guru

GPU:
    8800GT x2 (SLI) Stock
    Sorry Nock this thread took a bad turn there for a second. PLEASE! be carefull when you overclock. Just start slow don't crank it up 300MHZ and fry your card unless you have alot of money and you want to upgrade but don't have a good reason.

10. j.rhy@n

j.rhy@n Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PlayStation 3 + Samsung HDTV

no different :)

11. archie123

archie123 Guest

GPU:
    Aorus 1080ti Extreme
    I have less hair ;)

12. BIGWORM

BIGWORM Guest

GPU:
    Sparkle GTX 260 SP216
    nVTweak is the new coolbits = better. When you OC, do it 5MHz at a time and bench, or you WILL fry your GPU guaranteed.

13. dboniuk

dboniuk Guest

GPU:
    Asus Strix 3090 OC
    He asked how to use Rivatuner. In what way is suggesting he look at the Rivatuner forum a bad thing? New is fine. Yes we are all newbies at some point, but seriously, the best way to learn how to use Rivatuer is through the documentation, and the Rivatuner board. You guys telling him about coolbits, and don't push your overclock are not answering his question.

DJB

14. (TSC)Bender

(TSC)Bender Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte Geforce 970 G1
    Well he is new at this, you have to make sure you know the basics before you start pumping those sliders. 5mhz at a time, and testing for anomalies is what I do usually.

As for actually working with Rivatuner, check out the help files included with it, or the forum here. Or if you aren't the reading type, thumb through all the tabs, youll stumble upon it sooner or later.

15. Enishi

Enishi Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX GTX 260 BE @ 729/1188
    now don't be pissed , but i explain the functions of this forum to you a little closer....

So you think you wanna overclock that nvidia gfx of yourse. So you dont want to overclock you cpu and you don't search for a nvidia driver, right?

This forum has several sub forums which depends on the subject. SOO ... if you had checked the Videocards : Videocards- Nvidia, Forum you could easily spot the sticky post , which includes all information about the what you need and how to overclock tutorials.

but cause you didn't found i'll post the link here
    http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=74787

ah and if i search for "overclock nvidia" i have found this tread also ...

have fun

PS: YELLLL !!:rolleyes: