ForceWareUltra x86 84.43 *BETA* - Download & discuss

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA Modified Drivers' started by Menion, Apr 20, 2006.

1. XNeo2

XNeo2 Member

GPU:
    Gainward Bliss 7800GS 512 mb agp SE

Hmmm ill fix a driverset too but let me find a nice name 1st ill adjust some "tweaks" and send it online for the people to test when its not even installable
    and as i think a installer cant be that much different on systems

in this post i ask every1 to make their own tweaked drivers put em online and see how the community reacts dont forget to put it is a beta in case u **** somebody,s pc up

Now here's something for all of you that carelessly try to work with software they can't handle(that sounds funny ironic)

well why doesnt this happen to other tweaked drivers?

Last edited: Apr 30, 2006
  2. archie123

archie123 Guest

GPU:
    Aorus 1080ti Extreme
    mmmmmmm whats wrong , get out of the wrong side of your bed this morning did you?

Without the testers how do you expect the driver set to get tested on differant systems?

did anyone put a gun to my head and tell me to install this driver set? i think not , we do it of our own accord knowing full well they are beta and may be buggy.

Ive installed many sets if drivers in my time , lots of them beta , but never with an installer like this , thats what makes these special and thats why im sticking with them.

why doesnt this happen to other tweaked drivers? well im assuming they tested their installers and drivers in exactly the same way until they got it right (or do you assume they all got it bang on first time)?

they are doing this in their own time , for free , and in this case its taken time but Menion has got it bang on (for my system anyway) these are far and away the best drivers ive ever ran , and trust me ive run alot of drivers.

Your entitiled to your opinion of course , but i dont see one in your post , so why bother?

respect

3. StylerTim

StylerTim Member

GPU:
    XFX GeForce 7800 GS eXTreme @ Stock
    What a nice reply XNeo2. I especially liked the part where you were adding some text to my original post.

I'm not quite sure what's happening here but it must have something to do with that thing archie123 mentioned. Maybe you should try the other side of the bed.

1. It's reasonable that only some people dare to step towards driver modding and to consequently releasing the results. Imagine this forum flooded by useless improperly working customisation trials...would be horrible, wouldn't it.
    Just as horrible as some users trying to beat the **** out of ambitious modders...

2. I think Menions trial isn't gonna end up in the "useless and improperly working" trash can. He seems to really know what he's doing and cares for all the different problems that my come up and invests plenty of time in adjusting the modifications.

3. Have you ever developed a software? Have you ever been confronted with the peculiarities of the Windows OS when developing software? Do you know how annoying it can be when you're desperately searching for this little error in the code that's screws it all up? From what you're telling us, you never did!
    As a consequenz you'll have to ask yourself, whether your statement here is objective and helpful, or something that really should end up in the "useless and improperly working" trash can.

4. This my friend, is the most important point of my little summary so read through it very carefully: Everyone developing and releasing software depends on the community! EVERYONE! If there weren't users reporting bugs or delivering suggestions in forums, via email or any way you like, there wouldn't be any improvements in the softwares which are released nowadays. You can check every precondition that's stated before you're installing software the developers do not consider ready for the broad public and it often is something in the sense of:

THIS SOFTWARE IS BETA, SO IF YOU MESS UP YOUR SYSTEM WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE AND DONT OWE YOU ANY EXPLANATIONS OR EXCUSES!

Yes my friend, this is what BETA means besides "not working for everyone"! And you know what? That's the only thing the developer can do to avoid being ass-kicked by enraged users like you. You do
    install the software at your own risk, you're informed of this condition in every way possible and it's damn sure something you have to deal with yourself when something goes wrong. What he depends on aren't posts like "eh, not working, these drivers are ****", but posts that deliver reliable information!

The policy remains unchanged: If you're not familiar with testing BETA signed drivers, just stay out of this subforum or at least out of posts that are clearly
    signed BETA!

Thank you.

4. XNeo2

XNeo2 Member

GPU:
    hmm beta means like u should at least be able to install em and then see if they work.... like i said in my post

This is a Alfa version..

thank u for your beautiful story of a modders life

Ill stick with the other tweakedz

like i said,it only was imo so....

5. MASTERTRICK

MASTERTRICK Master Guru

GPU:
    CF 5850
    This is a message for all people who try install this drivers and think tweaks in driver isn´t work .

There are 2 important setting must be checked:

In regedit u must find Always Unload Dll’s

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer]

"AlwaysUnloadDLL"=dword:00000001

If u got that i should u erase it because nvidia´s dll has some depencies of explorer.exe and this tweak prevent loading nvidia´s dll tweaks made by menion

Second; Before installing people must check in services.msc "Nvidia Display Driver" is Automatic Enabled.

6. km52

km52 Member Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    'AlwaysUnloadDLL' is an obsolete tweak, useless since Win2k.

7. maverik-sg1

maverik-sg1 Guest

GPU:
    Inno3d GTX570
  8. XNeo2

XNeo2 Member

GPU:
    So u gotta tweak it urself hmmm never heard of that

9. km52

km52 Member Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    @Menion:

The FWU installer doesn't detect my 6800 and doesn't create an install log. Vendor ID is 10DE, Device ID is 0211.

10. Rekoil

Rekoil New Member

GPU:
    Leadtek 7800GTX 256MiB
    XNeo2 if you dont like the drivers, piss off we dont want you here anyway.

Awesome drivers Menion, worked WONDERFULLY with my Leadtek 7800GTX. I saw a boost of 20-30fps in CS:S using the performance setting. And a boost of about 15fps in F.E.A.R

11. zenkmander

zenkmander Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte Radeon 7950
    Dude, I love how people say they get enormous boosts in frames per second only because of drivers. 30 FPS? That's literally impossible, unless you were playing CS:S with the Windows default drivers. Stop freakin' exaggerating. There is no driver out there that can give a performance boost equal to getting a card that's two or three times as fast.

12. XNeo2

XNeo2 Member

GPU:
    lol mr 1 post...

lmfao like i care if u dont want me here or not i give my opinion since im not a noob as u and dont make things bigger than they are

Like i said imho use real tweakeds and 200 point more in 3 d mark..... that happens every time u run it

and css is a nobhackergame btw IMO

like i said a beta is a installable file this wasnt even installable and erased **** that wasnt needed

if i got it to install n it didnt work i would say ok good luck ,bcuz ive had that with other drivers in the past too,but this was rediculous messed my **** up
    and yesterday i found out the files where still on my pc...

its a ALFA and dont get mad if somebody gives negative news bcuz it happens too, life isnt always sunshine

and in a few weeks when the installer maybe is fixed ill give em a try on my system and give my honest opinion about em if they r good ill keep em if they suck ill tell ya

b.t.w. performance setting makes everything faster.... since it disables alot of quality stuff tweaked driver or not...

ok i said my **** :bolt:

Last edited: May 1, 2006
  13. Rekoil

Rekoil New Member

GPU:
    Leadtek 7800GTX 256MiB
    what did i do to deserve that, all i did was inform you that you were flaming and flaming sucks, ive been around here long just havent posted

14. Kalero

Kalero Active Member

GPU:
    Gainward 7800GT @ 490/1200
    ok can anyone here post some screenshots of a game or benchmark etc to see the difference between: performance, balanced and quality?
    thanks

15. Phyxion

Phyxion Banned

GPU:
    ASUS EAH5770 1G VT
    Already asked, no one posted them, but I use Balanced, and the quality and performance is really superb. I just tried them out in TMN, and I really saw a +10 fps increase. Everything runned very smooth, and I have everything at maximum in TMN.

@Menion,
    If you have some time, are you willing to mod a 84.56 too? Because I would like to try them too :)
    Thank you, great time you spend on this!

16. Kalero

Kalero Active Member

GPU:
    ok, i've installed them but i have a problem... now my HD movie play pretty slow... my CPU is up to 50% usage... before it was ~12-13%... 7800GT is my video card
    why is that?
    thanks

PS: i play them with mplayer classic

Last edited: May 1, 2006
  17. Phyxion

Phyxion Banned

GPU:
    ASUS EAH5770 1G VT
    Disable VMR and/or use Nero ShowTime, its the fastest for HDTV.

18. Kalero

Kalero Active Member

GPU:
    VMR is disabled...
    same problem also with nero showtime...

19. Menion

Menion Member Guru

GPU:
    ASUS Radeon 5870
    Sorry for taking so long before replying. Been away during the weekend, visiting family and friends in Stockholm, Sweden.

First I will address your problems...

1) Yes, I will go through the cleaner code once again and remove some stuff that really doesn't need to be cleaned. Some of the cleaner code is a bit overkill, so you're right on this point.

2) This has nothing to do with the driver set nor the installer. This is a common problem in Windows, icon cache corruption. If you search around on google you'll probably find lots and loads with the same problem and how to fix this.

3) If this has anything to do with the driver set/installer it must be with the cleaner part. But it sounds very far fetched. I haven't been able to reproduce this error so there's no way for me to fix it.

For the rest I am very happy for the feedback and stunned over the attention the ForceWareUltra drivers have gotten so far. I will implement the Far Cry fix into the next release (probably tonight), thanks for the help.

I hope to hear more from you!

Best regards,

Menion

20. archie123

archie123 Guest

GPU:
    Aorus 1080ti Extreme
    running a custom timedemo for cod 2 i could see no real differance between the performance and balanced settings IQ wise and after running the demo a few times on each setting i get only a 1-2 fps differance the faster being the performance install :)

Im installing the 84.37 FWU next ill report back soon