Temp-sensors on IT8712F-chip and SpeedFan (A8N-SLI Deluxe)

Discussion in 'Processors and motherboards AMD' started by gaardern, May 1, 2006.

1. gaardern

gaardern Member

GPU:
    XFX 7800GT
    Since installed SpeedFan i've been trying to find out what the mysterious temp3-sensor on the motherboard is monitoring. It current status on most sites is "unknown" or "not used". However, i noticed small changes in temperature on this sensor, allthough most of the time i is very low.
    Today i did a dual prime torture test, and the temp3 went from 25 to 45 in an instance (see attachment). I also noticed that this sensor is VERY responsive, miniizing/maximazing a windows gives 4-5 degrees (celius) variation. So i was wondering if anyone had some clues about where this sensor might be located and what i records. Temp1 is monitoring the cpu-temp, and Temp2 is monitoring the MB-temp. Could it be that temp3 is actually loccated in the NB-chip, and that speedfan is reporting it a bit too low? The northbridge would start pushing loads of data when prime95 is launched wouldnt it? The general assumption on all sites i've seen is that the NB-chip does not contain any temp-sensor. Could it be that it actually does?
    Help me out here guys :)

2. kakarocht

kakarocht Member

GPU:
    MSI 7600GT 256x2 SLi
    Not sure what's happenning with that temperature. Is it everytime this temperature increased or when you're running the Prime95. Can you list down all your rig in details? Have you tried to open the side casing and see what happen?

3. gaardern

gaardern Member

GPU:
    XFX 7800GT
    Every time i start some cpu-hungry application that temprature jumps up. I tried opening the side door, and setting all my fans to full, and i see 0,5 degree difference, so that leads me to think that the sensor is not out in the open. The MB is an Asus A8N-SLI Deluxe, rest of the rig is in my profile.