I was so wrong!

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by bornagain, Apr 25, 2006.

1. raging_dragon

raging_dragon Master Guru

GPU:
    Suck
    Once the Xbox 360 is hacked and spanked then and only then will I get one. You all know why :)

2. bobdude

bobdude Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 6gb
    can you surf guru3d on a xbox 360??? didnt think so..:)

3. Blackhawk[79]

Blackhawk[79] Banned

GPU:
    HIS X1900MC
    Ok well first of all i have played COD2, Oblivion, and Condemend Criminal Orgins, on the X360...and for my rig, they all look and run better (sept Oblivion, it runs crappy cuz if bad coding, still looks better tho,even with out HDR+AA) C
    OD2 had not AF or not as much as x16 af, Criminal Orgins just looks soo much sharper at 1680x1050

i think that X360 is great and all but its not better than PC, better games come out for PC: flight sims, RTS games (Age of empires III etc.) FPS such as FEAR, HL2, UT2007 (when its out)

and on top of all this, you can tweak it the way you want, the X360 is also gonna have upgradeable CPUs n what not so its bassically a a slim PC....

ALso if you want the best Image Quality and FPS....get two 7900 or X1900 and a AMD Optron OC to 2.8GHZ-3.0GHZ there you go taht beats a x360 right there in terms of sharpness high res + 4xTSAA/16xAF= best image quality

4. bornagain

bornagain Master Guru

GPU:
    Please close my
    Doh!! That's why I bought an xbox plus a laptop with the money I got selling my secondhand rig. Doh!!

5. rickyboy

rickyboy Guest

GPU:
    ventus 3090
    very well said i must say!!

6. bornagain

bornagain Master Guru

GPU:
    Please close my
    This topic wasn't about the xbox 360 being better than a pc, of course pc's are better, the bloody xbox 360 games are made on them. All I was saying is that the xbox is a great product for the price plus you can buy yourself a laptop to surf the net with the change from selling your rig.

I'm very happy with what I got ( at the moment ) and probably when windows vista come on the seen I probably will buy a super duper rig, but for now I'm going to enjoy what I got..........

7. JeyNyce

JeyNyce Guest

GPU:
    PowerColor 6700XT
    Well first off, if you're happy with your laptop & 360, then I'm happy for you. Me, on the other hand wouldn't have done it. I have a PC & a 360 and they work great together. I can watch movies that I ripped to my computer on the 360, listen to music, look at pics, and play a game every now and then. And when I want something different, I'll just go to my PC. I couldn't choose one over the other because they work so well together!

8. krisspi

krisspi Active Member

GPU:
    nVIDIA x2 7800GT
    Wow!!!

i agree with the guy above but one problem with his comments and thats the 360...
    omg that console sucks compared to the ps3 why waste ur money on that crap when u wait a lil longer and the ps3 comes out and dominates the whole console gaming world. all u have to do is look at the specs of the 2 and ull see what im talkin about. also the ps3 full specs havent bn confirmed so it is ganna be sooo much betta than that 360 paper weight...

going off the subject if it was a competition between consoles and gaming pcs, errrrrrm gaming pcs dominate the consoles and any1 that says oh the support is not as good and all that crap, u wouldnt need god damn support if u knew what was sitting in front of u!!! and if it wasnt for pcs and there upgrades the human race would never got to the moon. so i dont want to see people sayin oh pcs r goin out and consoles r taking over coz that will never happen simple as!

9. shodai

shodai Ancient Guru

GPU:
    eVGA 7950gt 550/1400 w/vf900
    That's like saying the 7900gtx/x1900xt/whatever sucks because something else is coming out a year later. ;p

10. krisspi

krisspi Active Member

GPU:
    nVIDIA x2 7800GT
    errm ok a year l8er not quite dude and also those three consoles have bn labeled as the next generation consoles all together so they r obviously ganna get compared so what r u talkin about?? what r u comparing graphics card for anyway they come out like every other month so its not even near the same, so just go back to sleep :)

11. JeyNyce

JeyNyce Guest

GPU:
    PowerColor 6700XT
    So we don't know what to expect. It could be better or it could be wrost than the 360.

12. PrinceGaz

PrinceGaz Maha Guru

GPU:
    GF8800GTS 640MB @ stock
    You're correct when you say the PS3 won't be a year later than the X-Box 360; it is likely to be closer to a year and a half. The earliest anyone expects the PS3 to be available is late 2006 which puts it a full year behind the XB360, and many people think the first half of 2007 is a more likely availability date for the PS3.

13. Klave

Klave Member Guru

GPU:
    XFX 280
    or........

One can get this grafix card that 3DX or max ( don't remember the add name on the product) that cost about $2000 ( two thousand) , but what a card it is: 600-700 meg DDR4 memory, over 3200 resolution, and lot of x-tras, but the downside is that there are not many drivers for it since it is mostly used by the guys making the games. I'll try and find the link.

I saay again: Console is a frozen frame in time where PC was at that point in time.
    Also, look at the console game prizes?:puke2:
    I have an X-box and it is really good for sport games.

P.S. I play PC on my HDTV 30' widescreen from the s o f a:dave:

14. ha ha missed me

ha ha missed me Master Guru

GPU:
    sapphire x800xl agp @ 435 /535 :)
    x-box vs pc blagh blagh blagh,

im sorry but theses threads are just too boring.

with out the pc there would be NO CONSOLES !!!

nuff said

15. Vanadis

Vanadis Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 8800 Ultra
    I play mostly RTS and FPS games. That's why I'll always stick to PCs. Not to mention I love tweaking and overclocking stuff. Just to see how much you can get out of your rig. :)

16. disfigured_LmKi

disfigured_LmKi Master Guru

GPU:
    PNY 8800GT on 26" Sammy
    I don't get it?

Is it really worth me pointing out all the inaccuracies in your argument. Ah screw it I'll mow the lawn later.

So you think "Spin 2" is superior to to GTR or GTR2 (soon to come out)? The one thing your not doing is comparing the complexity of physics engines in racing games. If you were a "true PC gamer" you'd know that there's isn't anything that drives with a wheel on console that can even come close to the gaming expereince of even older race sims created for PC. Hell Grand Prix Legends is going on 8 years old now, and it still blows away most PC racing "games", never mind the arcade stuff created for consoles. Your not sounding like a "true PC gamer" if you willing to settle for arcade physics. It's not all graphics that make a game. Even there your arguement also falls to peices.

It makes absolutley no difference what size your TV is, and doesn't make much diffrence if it's an HD TV either. HD TV's vary in their maximum resolution, so each one is different to how good the quality of the picture can be.

Here's one of the best $1500.00 HD TV's on the market now.
    Sony WEGA 23" WideScreen HD Flat Panel LCD MaxRez: 1366x768

Or how bout this one: Pioneer 43" WideScreen $3,999.99 MaxRez:1024x768

I can't find a single TV big or small that can even come close to a 1600x1200 rez, no matter how much money I want to spend.

That's the problem with half the people and their PC's too. They build a monster rig then start a thread like this:

"where can I get a decent LCD for under $250.00?"

NewsFlash: You can't.

My monitor which I bought 2 years ago is capable of displaying a resolution of 2048x1536. That's a higer resolution thene even the most expensive plasmas on the market. Most people are not willing to buy both an expensive gaming rig and a decent display. Which until recently were only CRT's. Just up until 1/2 a year ago, all but the most expensive LCD's monitors underacheived what my 2 year old CRT could. 21" Flat Sony Trinitron if your wondering.

Example: BestBuy HP 23" WideScreen HIDef Monitor $1499.00

MaxRez?: 1900x1200

With a CPU upgrade in my machine listed below I'll be playing BF2 with 2xAA at 1920x1440. I can actually play that rez with everything on and 2xAA but my frame rate dips into the 40's. That $1500 LCD monitor listed above would be holding me back.

So for the $1500.00 in parts it just took to build the rig listed below and a $700.00 monitor, I'm producing a better quality picture then an Xbox, with room for improvement. Unless you think a lower resolution looks better.

But you said:
    Well then all I can say is your not doing something right, or your not willing to spend the money.

But you also said:
    I think you are worried about the money, if not you would'nt say:
    If your trying to play games at the highest supported resolution a monitor can support then yes you are chasing a wild goose, and it's a valid argument.

But for an investment of slightly more then a Xbox and a decent TV, you can get better graphics and have all the advantages of what PC brings. Community, mods, way better physics, and upgradablitly.

I don't see that as throwing good money after bad. I see it as spending more money on something that is superior.

Your attempting to argue both ends and making some confusing statements.

Which is it? For a person who isn't concerned about money that's an odd statement to make.

As far as stablity goes, I've never had a problem on end that I couldn't solve. As far as the games themselves go, yes a console game is more stable because essentially everyone has the same unit. That I can't argue.

But if you consider yourself a "true PC gamer" stability wouldn't be an issue. Trouble shooting a short term stabiliy issue is what " true PC gamers" do.

You've never sounded like a "true PC gamer", and I doubt you ever were.

I'm happy your happy with your choice. But don't attempt to sell it to people in here, claimin your comming from the same perscpective as people who actually are "true PC gamers".

Your a consoler. You had a stint with the big boys in PC gaming, couldn't take it, and went back to the security of the console.

You should change your name from Bornagain to Bornyesterday, if you thought you'could come in this forum and claim PC gaming is dying.

17. Shadowsoldier

Shadowsoldier Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia Geforce GTX 660 ti
    Jesus...not again....You will guys shut up...

Consoles and pcs are both auwsome.

Jesus...you guys are such babies sometimes.

18. bobdude

bobdude Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 6gb
    :puke2:
    :puke2:

19. Shadowsoldier

Shadowsoldier Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia Geforce GTX 660 ti
    Wow, you can use smilies.. Want a cookie?

20. bobdude

bobdude Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 6gb
    wow your a babie want a nap?