EVGA 6800 XT pciex16x 8 to 12 pipes?

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by max42, Jan 14, 2006.

1. max42

max42 Member

GPU:
    bfg 6800 OC
    NV41 revision A2 (8x1,4vp)

this card is possible to 12 pipes??

thanks im from brazil

Obrigado

2. chazly413

chazly413 Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GeForce 970 4GB
    No, I'm sorry. The PCI-E x16 version does not unlock. If it were AGP, it would have to be the NV40 core, I believe.

3. noobie dude

noobie dude Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI NX 8800 GT OC 512MB
    I think the nv41 core has 12 pps and 5 vps doesn't it?

4. micketh

micketh Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3070 8GB
    yes it does it might unlock give it a go

5. max42

max42 Member

GPU:
    bfg 6800 OC
    the rivatuner not work to my help

6. Xaser04

Xaser04 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3090 FE UV
    AS far as I was aware no pci-e 68 series can unlock, I may be wrong however as I am thinking back to the vanilla 12 pipe card unlocking to 16 pipes so you may be able to unlock to 12 pipes from 8.

7. Kain

Kain Ancient Guru

No, youre not wrong.

No PCI-E cards can unlock pipes.

The AGP unlockable cards are just 6200, 6800NU, 6800GS, 6800XT and probably latrer the 7800GT in AGP (if it ever exisits) or 7800GS.

8. java_az

java_az New Member

GPU:
    2x6800xtreme
    so from what i am hearing the pci-e cards are super locked and even if there is extra pipes there is no way to unlock them ...i quess nvidia outsmarted us this time ... i still say if they are there has to be a way to unlock them ...so if anyone out there can tell me why these cards cant be unlocked i would love to know ..insted of the same old they cant be unlocked with no explanation on exactly why

9. Because the PCI-E 6800 vanilla's and GS's are only made with 12 pipes and 5vp to begin with, so there is nothing to "unlock" and the XT's with 8p 4vp are laser cut so no amout of soft modding will ever be able to unlock them.

10. micketh

micketh Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3070 8GB
    nv42 has 12pipes 5vs aparently you can flash to 6800GS if you have 2ns ram but if you try it and it dosent work then dont blame me :)

im going to try my 6800XTreme later on today when me mate comes round.

11. java_az

java_az New Member

GPU:
    2x6800xtreme
    well i looked at the 6800gs exteme bios same board same core same timings same voltage but i cant flash it tried everything i know to force flash it with no luck -4 -5 -6 should work but i allways get none compatable bios message i even pulled the heat sink and took a look at the core no lazer cuts at least not on the top anyone know a way to get around the bios protection on these cards

12. Homeless

Homeless Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 275
    if you do

nvflash -r
    nvflash -4 -5 -6

you should be able to flash no matter what, although you might have to blind flash later if the bios doen't work

13. java_az

java_az New Member

GPU:
    2x6800xtreme
    got a pci card no blind flashes for me .....but this didnt work i get a error at line 26 offset mismatch ...the -r works fine says it removes the write protect but i think it is lieing ...this does kinda give me hope though if they went to the trouble to make it so you cant force flash i would think it`s because that would open up the pipes ...now we just have to figure a way around this BS protection ...anyone got any ideas...

14. java_az

java_az New Member

GPU:
    2x6800xtreme
    well i got it flashed to the xfx 6800 gs xxx rev 2 bios had to do a few tricks but in the end NO PIPES UNLOCKED :frown: ..so these cards are hardware locked ...thought for sure since they are protected from force flashing they would unlock .... i did pull the heat sink and found no lazer cuts ...anyone got any ideas how they are hardware locked ???????? :frown: