Nvidia tweaks and best settings here!

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by SniperDaws, Mar 28, 2006.

1. AcceleratorX

AcceleratorX Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 560 Ti OC
    Does Digital Vibrance put any extra strain on the GPU? Will it affect my game FPS? What setting is best for CRT monitors?

2. morbias

morbias Don TazeMeBro

GPU:
    -
    DV doesn't affect performance in any way, if you want to use it in games remember to select 'ALL' instead of 'DESKTOP' from the drop down menu.

I really cannot believe so many ppl haven't been using it until now! I've just spent 5 months without (had an x800) and now I've finally managed to get my hands on a 7 series, DV was the very first thing I enabled! How I've missed it...

3. SniperDaws

SniperDaws Banned

GPU:
    XFX7600GTXXX Zalman Vf900
    is there way of setting th DV at higher levels for in games but not for the desktop?

4. KCjoker

KCjoker Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 460/w LG 24 LCD
    That's a good question SniperDaws....I wish that was an option as well. I don't like having any higher than right below medium for desktop but like it a little higher when I'm playing games. As far as I know there isn't a way to do it. I'm surprised so many people don't know about DV, they seem to never talk about it in card reviews either. I think DV is a advantage Nvidia has over ATI for years now and it's never talked about. BTW it doesn't effect FPS and as for what settings to use on CRT...just set it to whatever level you think looks best like everyone else.

5. bukso

bukso New Member

GPU:
    XFX GF 7800GS EE @ 480/1450
    wow, I am using nvidia cards from RivaTNT and I never heard or read *anything* about DV ... :frown:
    how is this possible?? I read tons of reviews in last 8 years and no DV mentioned there.
    anyway I just bought 7800GS and when I come back from business trip, I will definitely try it.
    however it will take some time before I get back and install my new card, so people, can you describe what is it about? I am really curious :)

6. DrFreeze

DrFreeze Guest

GPU:
    MSI GT740 2GB
    WOW just set DV in the middle of the slider, my desktop looks a lot warmer this way :D

i should fire up far cry with this.. should look amazing

anyway, cheers for the DV tip guys, i never bothered with the color correction menu, but this is great!

7. Kenneth_irl

Kenneth_irl Active Member

GPU:
    LT 6800LE@12,6 405@1,4v / 880@2,84v
    I use DV between off and low, really cool feature, but I turn it off when I watch DVD's, but it makes games looks 10x better.

If anyone wants to read about DV, then here's a link to Nvidia's website: http://www.nvidia.com/object/feature_dvc.html

8. azfar

azfar New Member

I use powerstrip to increase my gamma and brightness. There i have made a profile and when ever i play game or watch movie i enable it and after i disbale it (back to normal).

Can I make a profile inside nvida driver panel where i can choose my own colour, gamma and digital vibravce settings.

9. SniperDaws

SniperDaws Banned

GPU:
    XFX7600GTXXX Zalman Vf900
    Yeah, ive made a profile for BF2, also i made a colour profile setting DV to just above medium and called it Digi On, all you do then is select the BF2 performance profile put a tick in color profile and i selected Digi On, now when i run bf2 it auto sets DV to medium and then goes back to defaults when i close BF2, ill just have to create profiles for all my games now.......Boring......lol

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 30, 2006
  10. bernek

bernek Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 7900XT
    :frown: you've never looked in advanced driver properties ??? I've seen that when I fist bought my GF4 MX420 severl years ago ... I've check all the settings and found that digital vibrance ... (it was driver release 42.xx or even older)

11. Dublin_Gunner

Dublin_Gunner Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte Rx 460 4GB
    yeah DV can be good, but combined with image sharpening it makes everything look rubbish, IMO anyway.

I never put it up too high, it can make things look very 'cartoony', and personally for FarCry i'd leave it off, its bright enough as it is

12. bukso

bukso New Member

GPU:
    XFX GF 7800GS EE @ 480/1450
    sure I have played with Advanced settings, but never with Color ..

13. Kenneth_irl

GPU:
    I use DV and image sharpening together, and I think it looks fantastic. :)

14. Dublin_Gunner

Dublin_Gunner Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte Rx 460 4GB
    I'm sure its just a matter of taste, but IMO if you move IS up more than the first notch, things look really really really bad!!!

Different strokes and all that I guess :)

15. Kenneth_irl

GPU:
    Well, I set it at the first notch, and I think it looks good up to the middle notch. hehe ^^

16. Darth Neo

Darth Neo Member Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia Geforce 7800 GT OC
    I TOO just adjusted DV to low...what a difference....WOOT!

17. Darkasantion

Darkasantion Master Guru

GPU:
    Club 3D HD5870 1035/1325
    Already love DV after 5 minutes!

18. DrFreeze

DrFreeze Guest

GPU:
    MSI GT740 2GB
    i just played it a bit with DV on med, looks awesome, but i gues the all high settings and 4x AA help too :D

after playing FC again, i just cant wait for Crysis, its gonna be a killer game :)

19. KCjoker

KCjoker Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 460/w LG 24 LCD
    Wow that's weird you've been a Nvidia user that long and never tried it or even heard of it. Basically all DV does is make your colors more vibrant, just livens them up. Hey SniperDaws thanks for the solution, that's a pain to do but atleast it's possible.

20. Dr. Vodka

Dr. Vodka Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 290 Tri-X
    I miss my TNT2 and my MX4000. Man... DV was great... ARGHH!!! You guys made me want go buy a nvidia! I know my next GFX card'll be a nvidia!