Driver 6.3 Artifacts. Or faulty card??

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Tiburashka, Mar 26, 2006.

1. Tiburashka

Tiburashka Active Member

GPU:
    X1800 Xl 256mb
    I've just got an X1800 XL. Installed with 6.3 & Tray Tools. No CCC since everyone seems to dislike it. The card is fast & seems ok but I clicked on the scan for artifacts button in tray tools & it finds one every 30 seconds at stock clocks! Slowing the core down to 450 lets it run for about 4 minutes before getting one. Core temp doesnt get above 70C but the Voltage regulator hits 90 if left for long enough. Gpu current draws 30 Amps under load. The chip is R520 with 1.4 ns Samsung DDR3 Ram.
    The cards under warrenty but am a bit worried it might die on me. This is my first ATI card.
    Grateful for your advice.

2. Tiburashka

Tiburashka Active Member

GPU:
    X1800 Xl 256mb
    Not one reply. Come on guys what do you think?

3. xtr3menubi

xtr3menubi Member Guru

GPU:
    eVGA GTX 460
    I use ATT myself, and sometimes get Artifacts on it, but none while playing games and it's perfectly stable.. not sure why. Are you getting artifacts in games as well?

4. Tiburashka

Tiburashka Active Member

GPU:
    X1800 Xl 256mb
    I was thinking that this may be a driver problem. I'm using Tray tool version .25 Beta 10 now I look so maybe thats it. I can't see any artifacts in games & It scores 13000 in 3D03 & 7400 I 3D05 Which seems fast to me. But with artifacts in Tray tools it cant overclock at all.
    Maybe I just need a different version of tray tools?
    The Image quality is amazing. Dont want to go back to Nvidea now!

5. Cybermax

Cybermax Guest

Getting artifact every 30 sec sounds a lot to me tho.. I was doing some test clocking of my own on my X800XT card, and ran the artifact thingy for like 5-10 minutes of no artifacts, then started playing.. and after about 20-30 minutes i could see some texture flashes, so i had to lower the clock again..

So.. id say if you find artifacts every 30 seconds, you should definately see visual stuff very fast when doing actual gaming tho.

Since you use a X1xx card, it may be that Ati Tool have some bugs with the newest cards.. But of course i cant say for sure .. :)

6. Tiburashka

Tiburashka Active Member

GPU:
    X1800 Xl 256mb
    The problem is with ATI Tool! Ironic that everything I saw here about CCC made me go for another program. Its still in Beta for Xxxxx series cards. The fix for me was to disable temperature monitoring. Then it overclocks fine. The memory was near 600 when i stopped it artifact free!
    ATI make great cards. I'm converted. Thanks for the interest.

7. Jeebus

Jeebus New Member

GPU:
    ASUS 6600GT
    Need help with my ASUS X1800XL

I am seeing the same problem with this card I have in my son"s rig ,I see all these artifacts,, I see them alot in games like FEAR,Oblivion,Condemned.Can I get some one to help me thru the driver install or just show me what I need thx guy"s here"s my spec"s
    Athlon 3500+
    Giga-Byte GA-K8NF-9(Latest Bios)
    2gig OCZ (In DUAL)
    1Writer
    3Hdds
    ASUS X1800XL(Latest CAT"s)
    Thermaltake 430 WATT PS
    If you need anymore info just ask Thx again!!

8. bL33d

bL33d Member Guru

GPU:
    x1800xt @ 690/1800
    Thats not good if you see them while gaming and are not overclocking its either not getting enough power or its getting to hot or a bad card....

9. Bold Eagle

Bold Eagle Active Member

GPU:
    Sapphire 4850
    What version of drivers do you have installed; the latest is v6.3, there is the NGO Optimised ver. but I found this gave me ingame artifacts and uninstalled and reinstalled the standard! I have Radeon 9250, 256Mb@200/240 prob a bit old to benefit from NGO.

Search for a copy of Drive Cleaner Pro (DCP) and install. Then use the ATI Uninstall Utility and remove ATI CCC, DD & WDM. Restart in Safe Mode and use the DCP but read the help files, do the CAB cleaner and then select the multi-components within the DCP window (i.e ATI + ATI CCC + ATI WDM) and clean out all the potentailly conflicting registry entries. Restart and your sys should be back to normal, if it is not a hardware issue.

10. Tiburashka

Tiburashka Active Member

GPU:
    X1800 Xl 256mb
    I only got atrifacts in ATI Tool. Never in games! This is somthing else.

11. Zarul

Zarul Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX 8800GT 512MB@661core
    How to check the Amps on my Video ? How much does it takes ? Any software to do this ?