elder scrolls IV:oblivion runs like ****

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by isidore, Mar 23, 2006.

1. Damnit

Damnit Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6700XT
    Not really...

Right now IM getting flawless FPS indoors with all slider set to highest except int shadows which is about half way. Ext shadows set to almost off. Texture is large, res is 1024x768, no AA of AF, frames ahead set to 0 (this one helped a damn load! Its under your nVidia control panel. Install Coolbits if you dont have it), shadows off except for canopy shadows and HDR enabled. Outdoors i range between 10-30FPS depending on where Im at and whats going on and indoors from 30-40FPS.

I am so damn happy, this game runs like a champ!

2. digitard

digitard Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA/7800GT/256mb (OC 480/1150)
    I read posts like this on multiple forums... and I am not having any performance issues.

My system detected it as Ultra High. The game runs flawless both indoor/outdoor minus the occasional "chop" which is expected loading that many textures.

The game is phenominal. Vampirism here I come!

3. azndragnz2k

azndragnz2k Master Guru

GPU:
    BFG 6800Gs Oc AGP 256MB
    the game detected it at low settings and it sitll ran like crap.

800x600 with medium texture and everything low. ONly get 10 fps outside.

4. Xaser04

Xaser04 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3090 FE UV
    Don't have it on pc but it runs lovely on my 360. Occasional pause when it loads a new area but thats it.

Any chopyness encountered by 360 owners with a premium system can be solved by holding down 'A' (I think) as the game loads. (this clears the cache)

This may also work for pc users. Defrag your HD and see if that works.

(worth a shot at least)

5. ronclon

ronclon Active Member

GPU:
    MSI GTS 450 1GB
    with my setup it detected at high settings. everything looks great. cant tell you the exact fps i get but it certainly feels like its going full speed.
    i dont get how anyone could gripe about this game. after only playing a few missions im in love with it.
    if your looking for uber loot and pking then go play WOW. this wont be the game for you.

6. evilkiller650

evilkiller650 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 980ti AMP! Extreme
    What does Ext Shadows and Int shadows mean? Just Exterior and Interior?

7. evak

evak Member

GPU:
    ASUS RTX 2060 OC
    I only have a midrange PC A64 3200+, 1gb ram, 128mb 6600GT, onboard sound etc. And the game runs really well as 1024x768 most settings turned up, HDR on etc.

I'd say it runs at anything from 25FPS to 70FPS depending on what you are looking at. Which is very playable.

BTW your AGP buffer size in your BIOS can effect your speed immensely, Just incase anyone never tweaked their bios for their vid card. Setting mine to 128 instead of the 64 it defaulted to almost double my FPS in most games.

Thought I mention it, as I'm surprised to see people with decent cards struggling to get playable framerates.

My Vid card is AGP (thanks for reminding me to mention that fact pappi)

Last edited: Mar 24, 2006
  8. Gromuhl'Djun

Gromuhl'Djun Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070ti
    Don't know about HUGE, but it'll still be very nice. This game loves fast CPU's as far as I've seen. Runs great on my rig (luckily, with a little tweaking here and there) but it only uses up to 400mb's of ram when outside. I would think it would be more ram-hungry, but it seems not.

9. Jkhan

Jkhan Guest

Okay i'm really wetting myself just to play this game, since i've finally got a 7800GT to wet my appetite. However, i have some concerning thoughts about this game:

1. My monitor only supports 1280x1024 res. max (17' monitor CRT) with only 60Hz :(.. This certainly stinks, but i have to live with that.. Say is it possible to run this game at this resolution with all settings set to max. and clocks speeds of 490/1.36 Ghz (i'm using a 7800GT TOP Silent Model) ;)..

2. Do mention how many 7800GT owners out there are running this game. B'coz this is the only game i wanna buy and don't want to be dissapointed..

10. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    same on me but this isntmaking be unhappy.this gives me high frame rate :)

11. UnclePappi

UnclePappi Banned

GPU:
    Asus 680 2gb 1250mhz
    Dual core systems should have a smoother experience cause this game was developed for ya you guessed it...dual core systems. Setting the agp aperture to 128 or even 256 will definately smooth out a few bumps too(for agp gfx cards). Also a fast hard drive won't hurt. Oh, 2 gigs of ram would be nice. Don't forget an at least upper mid range gfx card also. Then you should be set. :) lol.

12. mocilo74

mocilo74 Active Member

GPU:
    Winfast A6600GT TDH
    Firts impressions were really nice (everything before I left the sewer)....

Everything after that I couldn´t really enjoy because I got bluescreen after bluescreen. I haven´t found a solution for this until now (and a lot of people have this issue).

13. ManicOne

ManicOne Maha Guru

GPU:
    HIS 5850 Crossfire
    My computer detected Ultra High, which (from what I have seen posted around) is equivalent to X360 (sans HDR and AA).

However even at ultra, many options were not maxed in video settings, thus pc can be set to greater workload than 360, albeit at high fps cost.

I am running 1280/960 HDR, 8xHQAF, all max, except for item and character fade, which haven't been changed from ultra high default much. Setting these to max basically destroys in-city framerates, and sets the fade distance so far you can't even see it, so dropping it actually makes no difference to in-game visuals.

Personally, I think this is quite easily the most visually stunning game ever. This is the first game I have come across that literally screams "next-gen". The engine IMO is brilliant, but appears demanding, as its top potential visuals are huge. As hardware matures, so will this game.

14. Shadowsoldier

Shadowsoldier Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia Geforce GTX 660 ti
    Personally I dont think the graphics are that great for what its demanding of a system.

The hills are usually low textured and they flash sometimes.

The models are very mushy and washed out.

There is not that many A I in the towns at all.

The HDR meh.... wow...stuff shines...meh useless effect.

15. evilkiller650

evilkiller650 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 980ti AMP! Extreme
    You can't even experience maximum settings...so meh.

16. digitard

digitard Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA/7800GT/256mb (OC 480/1150)
    I'm running the system to the left at 1280x1024 60hz (19" LCD) with a 7800GT using the older 82.12 (or 14, i'll check when i get home) Nvidia Beta drivers and it runs fine. Pretty much butter smooth 85% of the time under ULTRA-HIGH with HDR on.

Hope that helps.

17. Gromuhl'Djun

GPU:
    4070ti
    @J@iD: You'll indeed run it fine, it runs maxed with HDR 1024x768 on my rig and the scenes where it struggles are far and between. (30-50fps outside, 60-70 inside)

18. Cochise

Cochise Active Member

GPU:
    XFX 7800gt OC
    This game is F*****. I get 95fps average (yes average) in most dungeons homes etc. When roaming the world I get as low as 20 fps. WTF? Ultra high as auto detected.

19. Gromuhl'Djun

GPU:
    4070ti
    Have you set prerendering to zero in your drivers settings? (use coolbits or rivatuner)

20. -Ruin-

-Ruin- Guest

GPU:
    Asus GTX 1060 6GB
    @ 1280x 1024 (native res 19"), 4xAA, 16xAF, BLoom,max settings except some shadows, and NO GRASS, i get 30-50 Outisde and generally 50+ inside.