goriest movie of all time?

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by jason_f90, Mar 19, 2006.

1. hypnotoad24

hypnotoad24 Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon HD 5870 1GB
    Yeah, I enjoyed the MOVIE, as did millions of others I'm sure. It was different, yeah, and thats what made it an interesting watch.

And please, stop pretending you have a halo over your head, you enjoy movies with killing, violence, war don't you? Yeah? Me too! But oh no! Maybe that makes you a bad person!

P.S. Have you even seen the movie?

2. Decane

Decane Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1060 6GB
    Well, you've heard my opinion; Cannibal Holocaust sounds like a load of crap... But then again, this thread doesn't seem to be about the quality of the film, but rather, the "gore factor". Now, as far as the gore factor goes, I feel that the ones that take the crown are Evil Dead, Braindead (aaahhh.... wasn't that a masterpiece....) and quite possibly the original Dawn of the Dead and also the newer Dawn of the Dead.

I refuse to waste my time arguing about animal cruelty, but as many others have stated, it is TYPICALLY considered WRONG...... (among those of us who get the willies watching that stuff anyway ;))

3. Newbie Coal

Newbie Coal Master Guru

GPU:
    SLI XFX-8800GTS's 1280Mb @600/1011
    Gezz i didnt no so many people outside of nz had seen braindead i remeber seeing it as a lil kid scared the crap out of me couldnt sleep for weeks i saw the movie agian about 4 months ago and it was funny as hell oh how things change with time.

4. Sash

Sash Ancient Guru

GPU:
    video
    Ghosts From Mars?

I think the first Starship Troopers was preety gorry. Kill Bill 2 has almost no gory scenes, only the part when The Bride pulls Daryl Hanna's eye out is a bit sick.

Agreed that Underworld 2 is a bit gorry, i liked in the end how the chopped upper part of the vampire guy is thrown on the bridge's edge and falls down. Also there are some parts when some lycrans have their upper jaw torn off from their skulls :)

5. glock38

glock38 Guest

GPU:
    Radeon R9 285 2GB
    Eurgh, Cannibal Holocaust doesn't sound like my cup of tea. Think I'll stay away from it.

From the gory films I've seen I'd say Evil Dead was the best. The Thing was great aswell, I too rememebr watching ti as a kid and boy did it scare me. Especially the scene with the dogs I was like WTF??!!

Went to watch The Hills Have Eyes last week and that was qutie gory aswell, mroe shocking then gory in fact. At one point I tried hiding behind my girl :p Good movie nevertheless.

6. Decane

Decane Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1060 6GB

"At one point I tried hiding behind my girl"

:heh:

7. Opty

Opty Master Guru

GPU:
    ATI Gecube x1900xtx
    I've never seen this Cannible one but Slaughted Vomit Dolls on the other hand. Canadian movie. Extemely weird and sickening.
    Warning Extremely Graphic
    Website here: EDIT: On second thoughts (google is your friend) www.clickhere.com

Last edited: Mar 24, 2006
  8. evil dead is funny not gory to me, if its somthing you can let kids watch its not gory.

gory to me means bloody, discusting, scary ect... not just some fake blood or fake body parts going flying.

like when the horse or what ever it was got cut inhalf on "the cell" thats pretty gory.

seeing a head blow up and ranch dressing fly out is not gory.

seeing brain matter and stuff go splatter against a wall is.

I think alot of people have a very diffrent view on gory that I do.

9. Decane

Decane Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1060 6GB

Err... when I said Evil Dead, I meant Evil Dead 1 !!! Not Evil Dead: Army of darkness, which would be Evil Dead 3! Evil Dead 1, where 5 adolescents are trapped in a cabin in the middle of the forest, and they all end up killing each other because they turn into hostile zombies one by one (except Ash, the only survivor)... If you tell me that Evil Dead (1980) was not gory, then I'll just send a couple of men in white jackets your way...

10. Dick_Biggles

Dick_Biggles Active Member

GPU:
    BFG GeForce 6800 128mb
    is that the one with the pencil in the ankle? ouch!

11. Decane

Decane Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1060 6GB

YES, that's the one I'm talking about, thank god someone else has watched the ORIGINAL Evil Dead....

And yes, the scene where the girl stabs a pencil into that guy's achilles tendon is sickening...

Last edited: Mar 24, 2006
  12. GenerationGXX

GenerationGXX Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 9800GTX SLI
    are you guys serious? do you think these movies and saving private ryan and all those movies are gory? give me a break! hollywood is not good at making gory movies. The MOST goriest and horrific movie is Tae Guk Gi. if you dont know about it, its a korean war movie about 2 brothers, the war scenes are the goriest of them all, and far way better then SPR. it was nominated many film reviewers that it is the best war movie all time.

during war scenes, you see alot of arms legs flying everywhere, see people get blown up, see them on fire and their face turning really black and burned to death. Especially when they had open operation where you see the soldier's intestines, YES intestines getting pulled out and pulling out the bullet and sewing it back in.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2006
  13. Jhetski

Jhetski The Lonely Guru

GPU:
    Palit 7300GT DDR 550/1500 ^_^
    dead alive, second is goodfellas.

14. Lingo2005

Lingo2005 Master Guru

GPU:
    ATI Radeon HD 4670
    The Ring or The grudge

15. CALIGULA

CALIGULA Guest

shame on you!
    i have the DVD of Braindead since ever its actually
    very famous and imho a better movie then Bad Taste.

Goriest movie i enjoyed : Re-Animator and Braindead

Scariest movie i enjoyed : The Exorcist and Creepshow ;)

oh and before i forget, i'm a proud owner of the trilogy of Evil Dead
    and Part-1 is the BOOK OF THE DEAD EDITION, the one that comes
    in the box looking like a Necronomicon. bit expensive
    but was well worth!! :D

this is what the dvd box look like....jelous? hehe
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2006

16. Icebird

Icebird Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Bah, I just remembered Battle Royale. Not gory... But bah.. I felt like I really did not need to see that one.

17. CALIGULA

CALIGULA Guest

hahaha yeah
    while not gory its not a bad movie actually
    i enjoyed it but i doubt id watch it again. :nerd:

18. X2 Gothic

X2 Gothic Guest

Did anyone watch a movie called Braindead?
    Not really a good movie at all, but gory as hell LMAO!

19. CALIGULA

CALIGULA Guest

looool
    if you check in the 4 pages of this thread
    you will see that we mentions Braindead
    multiple times. :D
    but i also want to add its a fantastic movie because
    the story is actually funny and i doubt anyone can disagree
    its well acted.
    also yes its gory as hell.

20. Brian the King

Brian the King Guest

GPU:
    ASUS RTX 3080 Ti OC
    If Cannibal Holocaust is really watching real animals being tortured to death, without any swishy, can't-make-out-the-details camera things, I don't see how it doesn't win the gory award.