7900GT hit and run...

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by tukm, Mar 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tukm

tukm Member Guru

GPU:
    ATI Radeon X1800XT 512MB
    Ok so, nvidia say they are 299$ and yes it was for like the first day! Then after that all i see are 310 and even 359 bucks for overclocked crap! 359$ for a 79GT?! Now they dont even have ANY for under 320$. I say they took a hit and run...

Ok so the x1800xt owns the 7900GT in ALL benchmarks on the web yet all these nvidia fans are thinking they are getting awesome deals.

http://techreport.com/reviews/2006q1/geforce-7600-7900/index.x?pg=1

http://www.firingsquad.com/hardware/nvidia_geforce_7900_gt_gtx_performance/

And the guru's review too if you are blind.

And guess what? the x1800xt 256mb are available for 289$ RETAIL. Amazing. This just prove the x1800xt is the best bang for the bucks, not the 7900GT. ATI are getting cheaper and cheaper while nvidia are getting more and more expensive.So who here would like to argue with me now and say their overpriced 7900GT is "best bang for my bucks"?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814102698

Last edited: Mar 22, 2006
  2. netnexus

netnexus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4870x2
    Watch out. You are probably going to be accused of being an ATi fanboy...

3. tukm

tukm Member Guru

GPU:
    ATI Radeon X1800XT 512MB
    i want them to. The thing is they never back it up with benches and scores...they just say "ati fanboy" and stuff about how if they overclock their 350$ superclocked to heaven they can match the x1800xt score or something like that. I really want an nvidia fanboy to try and show me a better performance ALONG with a price tag for the 7900GT and prove their 7900GT are best bang for the bucks.

4. netnexus

netnexus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4870x2
    They'll show you OpenGL benchmarks.

I agree with what you're doing, especially with the ready availability of the X1800XT, it just makes it seem like a better deal.

All I was saying was stay on your toes ;) This kind of stuff is not taken lightly by fanboys, and vice versa if the situation was reversed. But I guess in order to get anywhere, you have to put yourself out there.

I can predict certain answers already, though:

"Pre-oced GT's mop the floor with the XT"

"Don't worry, when the next shipment arrives, prices will fall and availability will be unlimited"

5. Kangg

Kangg Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 280 1 GB
    First off Nvidia does not set the prices of the cards, we live in a free market economy and prices are set by demand and supply. 299 MSRP (Manufacturer Suggested Retail Price). Therefore High demand, not enough supply = Higher prices.
    First off your link's do not work. And most of the reviews I've seen say otherwise

http://enthusiast.hardocp.com/article.html?art=MTAwMSwxOSwsaGVudGh1c2lhc3Q=
    a quote from linked article
    If you’ve currently own a X1900 XT or XTX, stick with it. Those are great performing video cards and nothing here is enticing enough to move from them. If however you have an X1800 XT or XL, moving to a GeForce 7900 GTX or GT may give you a good boost in your visual gameplay quality. Or if you’ve got an older Radeon X800 series, the 7900 GT would be great improvement.

and a quote in Hilbert's own words about 7900 GT and x1800xt from His Huge review of the 7 series cards.

http://www.guru3d.com/article/Videocards/326/23/

GeForce 7900 GT

Sweet momma daddy likes some sugar in his coffee and this card is the sugar!

This is a lower segment priced high-end graphics card that is performing extremely well for it's money. Get this: a suggested retail price of 299 USD folks. That's just fantastic as this thing smokes the GeForce 7800 GT and even is as fast or even faster than a GeForce 7800 GTX 256MB. Of course the 7900 GT is lined up against the similar priced Radeon X1800 XL & Radeon X1800 XT. Suffice to say that at 299 USD this is a very sweet product. ATI has counteracted though by lowering prices. The X1800 XT is now fighting with this GT as it's placed at a $329 price, interesting for sure. And hey great for us, the consumers. The GeForce 7900 GT 256MB however is easily one of the best products we have seen from NVIDIA ever considering it's at this price range.

Nowhere do I see that the 1800 series ATI cards own the nVidia 7900 series cards.If you like ATI fine, if I like Nvidia fine, just get your info right before you post.
    :rolleyes:

6. tukm

tukm Member Guru

GPU:
    ATI Radeon X1800XT 512MB
    1) your hARDoCP benches are paired up with the x1800xl......not the x1800xt
    2)You think stating of how good they think the performance/price quotes matter? Because for 299$ its not a bad price but they didnt comparing with anything else. and nowhere is found that they say you would get performance boost switching from x1800xt to 7900gt, because they would be making a fool out of themselves. They meant the x1800xl. Only benchmarks matters. and i fixed the firingsquad link.
    3)The guru reviews reccomendations was based on when the 79GT was 299$ and they compared to the x1800xt as 329$. They are now 289$ so that reccomendation is void. not to mention the 79gt are 320$ now.

7. Kangg

Kangg Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 280 1 GB
    I did not say one owned the other. I just said get your info right if you're gonna post a statement like that. :rolleyes:
    I dont buy anybodies video card because of how well it benches. Benchmarks are synthetic and do not show me what I really need to know before I put my hard earned money down on a New video card. How will this brand x video card play F.E.A.R.? , will it play Call of Duty 2 with all the eye candy turned on at high resolutions? can I just install the card in my machine, install drivers and be up and running? these are what matters to me , not how well a card runs a benchmark.

:)

8. tukm

tukm Member Guru

GPU:
    ATI Radeon X1800XT 512MB
    Thats what benchmarks are for LOL you funny man. Thats why you look at the benchmark of the game you want to see. And then you see the x1800xt owning the 7900GT. These are at max detailed tests.

9. serious1

serious1 Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 3070
    what's the point that you are trying to get across?:)

10. Dublin_Gunner

Dublin_Gunner Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte Rx 460 4GB
    tukm, nowhere in either of the links you provided does the x1800xt own ALL the results against the 7900gt.

In fact they swap blows throughout, with the 7900gt winning quite a few of the benchmarks, and the x1800xt still proving to be a fine cad.

Its possible you may have some problem with yor eyesight, or how your brain interprets each result, as when the 7900gt beats the x1800xt in a benchmark, the ATI card doesnt actually get the score there, I just thought I'd point that out.

I hate fanboys.

11. sqitso

sqitso Member

Sounds like some moron who spent big bucks on an 1800 last month and is pissed off that a card came out this month with equal and better performance for half the price.

12. tukm

tukm Member Guru

GPU:
    ATI Radeon X1800XT 512MB
    swap blows? rofl. Wow you seriously have some eye problem and need surgery. Do i need to post the pics here?
    In the techreport link, x1800xt beats 7900gt in:
    HL2:lost cost, FEAR, BF2, guild wars, and 3dmark06. It only loss in quake 4 but still won quake 4 at higher resolution. THOSE WERE ALL THE TESTS...seriously you are a truly nvidia fanboy...

13. serious1

serious1 Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 3070
    i think you hit the nail on the head.:)

14. tukm

tukm Member Guru

GPU:
    ATI Radeon X1800XT 512MB
    dont assume anything please. i bought a x1800xt 512 for 280 bucks. kiss my ass. And i will just assume you bought a 7900GT and is in denial that the x1800xt has better performance for less.

15. Krizby

Krizby Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4090 TUF
    lol, some people just love to make a flaming war.

This is a quote from Anandtech's G71 review: "While the 7900 GT generally spent its time at the bottom of our high end tests, remember that it performs slightly better than a stock 7800 GTX. This puts it squarely at or better than the X1800 XL and X1800 XT."

You ATI fan can go jack off somewhere, stop making flame war and call Nvidia fan are dumb and blind people.

16. WR3CK

WR3CK Master Guru

GPU:
    HIS 4890
    i dont think you should be going off sayin that its "owning" the 7900gt. it is simply performing better in some tests

17. tukm

tukm Member Guru

GPU:
    ATI Radeon X1800XT 512MB
    Ok so all i see are quotes and no benches as expected. good defense. ok im done. go buy a 7900gt for 320$ bucks i want you to. cause i want you to pay more for less performance. since im an evil ati fanboy.

18. serious1

serious1 Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 3070
    why are you so angry? btw congradulations i guess we should all sell our nvidia cards and go to ati and buy whatever this man tells us to. will you send me a link where i can get a new x1800xt 512 for $300.:rolleyes: .can we please drop this now!:) this is childish.i know i'm participating in it but i think i'm entitled.:)

19. Krizby

Krizby Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4090 TUF
    heh, I'm waiting for the step up from 7800GS to 7900GT for $20, thanks for your concern but not really appreciated. That was the quote from the people who did the review, whom had benchmarked both card so I take their word, if you buy a 7900GT and compare it to your X1800XT I'm gonna believe you too.

20. tukm

tukm Member Guru

GPU:
    ATI Radeon X1800XT 512MB
    well the 256/512 mb is same performance. its not like the 79gt is offering 512mb.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.