Audigy4 Value vs Audigy2 ZS, which one?

Discussion in 'Soundcards, Speakers HiFI & File formats' started by Drunkenmasta, Mar 14, 2006.

1. Drunkenmasta

Drunkenmasta Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB GTX 260 OC + Acer 26"
    Cool thanks ppl!

I'll have a look around for some good prices, if there isn't much diff between Audigy4 value and Audigy2 ZS price-wise then I'll go 2 ZS, if ther eis enough difference to worry about it, I'll go Value, prices are always changing.

And yes we have an Audigy4 Value here lol $139 AUS, I think the Audigy 2 ZS is $169....still thinking about it though as prices are changing.

Thanks!

pz out

2. ASmokerz

ASmokerz Member Guru

GPU:
    Power Color 9800 PRO @ 405/715
    Wow things are really expensive over there huh ...

3. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216
    WOW, I can get a X-fi for $130 CDN...hmmm, MASTA I am into audio, I didn't notice eneough of a difference between the ZS and the Value to warrant the extra money..I read over all the specs and I understand them. Ofcourse it's your money and your decision..curious: how much do X-fi's go for where you are?

4. Drunkenmasta

Drunkenmasta Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB GTX 260 OC + Acer 26"
    XFi series, don't even mention it. With my speakers they probably wouldn't do it's justice anyway. Don't let the name Creative fool you, they are just teh low-range set of 5.1z, I just wanted a soundcard for 24-bit sound and enhanced EAX :).

The XFi-Extreme sells for about $279 retail and the XFi-Platinum sells for $429 retail AUS.

Some parts are pricey since it's shipped and added to the extra cost for retailing. That's why sometiems ebay is my friend, but can't always be trusted >.>.

Thanks!

pz out

5. ASmokerz

ASmokerz Member Guru

GPU:
    Power Color 9800 PRO @ 405/715
    Personally i own a A4 which is a real bang for buck card considering that i came from a SB LIVE 5.1DE which i got free ...

A4 = Upgraded A2 DAC with the same chip ...

youp PAX drivers can easily mod a A2 to an A4 with just a simple installation.

http://www.youp-pax.org:8005/

The THX control panel really helps you set up your speakers to give you the maximal audio enjoyment. Which can be obtain using the drivers which working even on an A1. THX approval is just a guildline from THX labs to show the the sound card has pass some level of audio capability ( Its more of a "IT IS A GOOD SOUND CARD" approval" ) The software and approval is totally different from each other.

Let me tell u the price range here in singapore .

A2 value = 89
    A2 OEM = 99
    A2 Retail = 109
    A2ZS = 139 - 149
    A4 = Retails @ 140 ++ (Got it @ a sales for 129)

The A4 is sure as hell a bang for buck card. But a A2 and a A2 value has such a little price gap i rather get an A2 vannila version even though it maybe OEM ( Not gold plated plugs ) and there is no nice looking box.

The battle between the A2ZS vs A4 the winner is odviously the CHEAPER card LOL

Although the A4 gives u a Nifty remote which really comes in handy if u wanna build a HTPC or something personally i dun even use it. I bought the A4 only because it was cheaper LOL

Last edited: Mar 22, 2006
  6. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216
    I would say any of the last generation Audigy cards will keep dropping in price but you have to pair them with decent speakers. Your Creative speakers may be alright. Only you would know. The choice is up to you.