Leadtek A400 (6800 Ultra) died and gone

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by daTerminehtor, Mar 18, 2006.

1. Loki91

Loki91 Guest

GPU:
    nVIDIA 8800GTS 512MB @670
    @daTerminehtor: sorry to hear about ur card. i personally am going to avoid leadtek from now on. as a first time rig builder im not impressed (or maybe the eVGA charm is simply too strong).

nyways, good luck with that RMA.

2. aircool

aircool Don Aircooleone Staff Member

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 560 Ti 448 Core
    well said
    who wouldnt?

3. dmh165638

dmh165638 Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA 7900GTX EGS
    I am a little curious as to why Leadtek is such a bad company all of the sudden when you have one card that dies. I have had several including a Leadtek 6800GT that was an overclocking beast. Leadtek makes a very high end product and seems to have very good support. The really funny thing here is that most 6800's of any variety are exactly the same card with the difference on the your Leadtek being the heatsink. I have had a several Asus motherboards die over the years and one Asus video card, but I still think they are one of the highest quality manufacturers out there.

4. zhackore

zhackore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus GTX 570

Just RMA it. You still got 3 weeks and you can get a brand new card or a step up card... Win Win situation. I wouldn't bother trying to fix it myself. After a card is 1+ years old I just put it in the post.

5. JACK4HIRE

JACK4HIRE Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI Mobility Radeon 5870
    I wasn't very happy with the 6 series from Nvidia. I personally had 2 PNY 6800gt's die for no apparant reason...both times turned on the box one morning and nothing, nada, zip. Plugged in the rusty trusty 5900 Ultra and was back up and running to fill out my warranty/ RMA. PNY honored their warranty both times and sent me a new card one of which now resides in my better halfs computer (almost 2 years +/-).

6. snip3r_3

snip3r_3 Guest

GPU:
    maybe its just PNYs selection of components???

sometimes, those matter alot when it comes to durability , i also had a number of asus board die, but they still seem to me as a great brand for quality stuff....
    when a card dies, it doesnt mean its manufacture is bad, sometimes, but their selection of components is still very important on deciding the life of the card...