A New nVidia Geforce GPU is COMING ???!

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by Hitec004, Mar 17, 2006.

1. Drunken Shooter

Drunken Shooter Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 2070 super FTW
    LOL thats clever set your time to 4 days ahead and it says 7600 GPU.
    Ah what a relief, thank god I did not cancel my order... heh

2. 401

401 Member

GPU:
    BFG 8800 GTX watercooled
    Maybe you still should cancel.......

http://www.dailytech.com/article.aspx?newsid=1272

3. reno_skychaser

reno_skychaser Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASRock RX 6600 XT
    Or you can just right click-play.

4. China

China New Member

GPU:
    EVGA 7900GT
    its all about making money, no more no less

If you have just released a new gpu you won't kill it releasing a new gpu 2 weeks later.

Even if you have it ready, no way :rolleyes:

5. Da ultimate rac

Da ultimate rac New Member

GPU:
    Evga 7920GX2 (600 core\800 memory)
    People people

Here is what i think, and i am often correct....

Nvida knew that everyone would find a way to see what it is early, so they put that in to trick us. I run many websites, it aint anything new....

If it is not the 7600 agp version it will be a 7900GTX 1GB version of the card and i am thinking a core clock of 700mhz stock (800mhz max) and 1800 mhz mem clock (2000 max), dual core would be sweet, but expect to see that with the G80, which will be out of course in JUNE.....

And of course QUAD SLI is nothing new, and the PPU aint gonna be out for awhille.

But for the pure sake of it, imagine a dual core 7900GTX with 1GB of GDDR4 memory???? core clock of 1ghz and mem clock of 2ghz. But that would be crazy, but very nice..... i think something like that will appear in the G80. So wait till June. I'm gonna get a 7900gtx now, but use evga's step up program when the g80 comes out. That way if it comes early, i can still get it and not waste the $$$$

6. repapips2004

repapips2004 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Leadtek A6600GT 128MB @ 500/1000
    I think its the 7600GS, or its a trick... Well i say its a trick because if you click on the LEARN MORE BUTTON it will direct you on the new 7 serries card launching partner (OLD Already) and no 7600GS on that page...

But it must be a 7600GS AGP but with only 8ppx3vp but with high GPU clocks... I think its lower than 7800GS but its must be cheaper than the PCI-E version...

7. scoutingwraith

scoutingwraith Guest

GPU:
    Tuf 3070Ti / P1000
    will see after a few days.....arent we.....

so far i have gold my order on my X1900XTX and 7600GT (2nd comp) to see

8. ElementalDragon

ElementalDragon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVidia RTX 4090 FE
    uuh... Da Ultimate Rac.... i don't know how you say the PPU won't be out for a while. a) they've already had demo videos of it in action showing tons of props flying around with just a 7800 series, and a 7800 series with a PPU (least i think that's what it was with), and b) that BFG ad seems to be pointing more towards something new OTHER than the gpu related (since the little animation transitions from CPU, to GPU, then something new) to improve the gaming experience, so what else could that be?

to whoever said it..... the PPU will NOT be on the video card as far as i know..... you can even look at the following link.... it shows the development board, and states that the final product won't have dip switches and will probably have a form of cooling for the PPU. the PPU is the last pic in the article. was pretty stupid to say too. the PhysX processor is supposed to offload the physics movements in games from the GPU.... so why would it be on the same card as the GPU? i can't think of any reason that it would be remotely logical to have it on the GPU.

http://www.impactsites2000.com/tekreview/physx.htm

oh.... and something further to prove that i believe the PPU will be released VERY soon..... look at the Ageia list of game developers that are working along side Ageia to impliment functionality of the PPU in the link below. some of the games have been out for a short time, recently came out, are coming out soon, or aren't coming out for a little while yet. GRAW is one on the list.... as well as Unreal Engine 3. and in the screenshots and videos, several of us... or quite a lot of us maybe... have played the Robot game. it's a small little game developed off of the Unreal 3 engine.

http://www.ageia.com/physxInAction/games.html

Last edited: Mar 19, 2006
  9. Razorfinger

Razorfinger Active Member

GPU:
    PNY Verto GeForce 6600 256MB
    They already have Quad SLI. >< Go to Alienware.com, they have an Aurora ALX system with FX-60 Quad SLI of 7900GTX's!! And you can order it NOW! The setup is simple. A normal SLI32 Motherboard. Two Dual 7900 cards with two separate boards with two GPU's on each card. Go there and look. Pretty Awesome! Also, Gigabyte came out with a Quad SLI mobo, four PCIe 16X, but if you turn them all on, it's only 8X each max. You can get the mobo for 300 bucks.
    The new GPU might be G80 or something. But it's not smart to release something better and newer a couple of weeks after you just released something. Most likely it's some other 7 Series card (AGP, I hope ^^)

10. Ghz

Ghz Maha Guru

GPU:
    evga 6800ultra 256mb

well from what I understood from the article I read the PPU was supost to be implemented with the vidiocard as well as being a stand alone card but I may be wrong well find out when it comes out, and sorry but I cant remember for the life of me where the article was that I read

11. Loki91

Loki91 Guest

GPU:
    nVIDIA 8800GTS 512MB @670
    wow. u guys are awesome how u can keep a mystery with all its secrets revealed still mysterious.
    right-click + play, set clock forward, whatever tickles ur fancy, the banner says 7600.
    i tell you the truth, nvidia with all its staff is NOT dumb enough to have a banner saying 7600 and GPU when they really mean 7990XTG and PPU on its OFFICIAL website. its a banner for a 7600 card. whether it is a GS and thus AGP card or just an outdated banner that hasnt been revised, it doesnt matter. just so long as this talk about the banner being for the 'G72 with a additional 200mHz clock and having an integrated PPU in the board' stops im happy. :)

note: if u havent noticed already im really ticked seeing ppl raise rumors when hardfacts shown by fellow gurus say otherwise

12. Da ultimate rac

GPU:
    Ok now im confused....

I have no idea how the PPU works exactly. So it will further the advancement of games, so if u shot a tank at a certain angle you will get a unique explosion, unlike current games.

But will the PPU still need a GPU to work? or will it replace this? If so, why arent Nvidia and ATI producing something like this....

13. Loki91

Loki91 Guest

GPU:
    no... see what happens is the GPU takes the load off the CPU by rendering how things look in the game. the PPU is supposed to take even MORE load off the CPU by calculating how things fall according to its programming, how things blowup according to where you shoot it etc, leaving the CPU to calculate the computer AI, and all those nasty background applications you have running whilst playing the game. :rolleyes:

now stop talking about PPUs and get back to the 7600 or dont say anything at all... please? :)

14. Da ultimate rac

GPU:
    Oh ok that makes sense, Well just to finish off, WOW games are going to look awesome in the future.

I still dont think its a 7600gs, but i might be wrong

15. repapips2004

repapips2004 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Leadtek A6600GT 128MB @ 500/1000
    Its a 7600GS, look at the link of the FLASH banner, its says 7600_GS but it didnt mention AGP...

What kind of GPU, its a 7600GS... Is it an AGP, not clear... Stop those rumors... Unless NVIDIA trick us...

Just right click the FLASH BANNER and PLAY... Thats it...

16. ElementalDragon

ElementalDragon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVidia RTX 4090 FE
    actually i think the PPU takes more load off the GPU than the CPU. i dunno.... all i know is the PPU is supposed to take most, if not all, physics movement processing (such as props, ragdoll, etc...) away from the GPU/CPU/both, allowing faster framerates, thus possibly even better visual performance.

Loki: the main reason this whole PPU conversation started is because of the BFG link that was posted, since it talks about something further than the GPU enhancing the gaming experience. don't know about you.... but haven't heard of anything other than a GPU to enhance the gaming experience other than the PPU.

as for the banner ad.... it's gotta either be a) just a leftover banner that was never removed from the site, or b) for a 7600GS AGP or somethin of the sort.

17. Loki91

Loki91 Guest

GPU:
    yeah i kno that. its just that the PPU should have its own section instead of being mingled in here lest ppl think that the PPU is being released on tuesday, even tho the banner itself says that is the new Geforce GPU.

18. gold_heart007

gold_heart007 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX N560Ti TwinFrozr2
    firingsquad and beyond3d!!

19. Diseage

Diseage New Member

GPU:
    eVGA 6800 GT @ 400/1100
    yeah guys. in the page source, the link to the swf file is titled: /docs/CP/1/NV_7600GS_468x60_b_tracking.swf

It's the 7600 GS.

20. Hitec004

Hitec004 Banned

GPU:
    **XFX nVidia GF 7800GT 256 GDDR3**
    I've saw that and to be honest its more confusing situation!
    well ...we will see in two days.

[​IMG]

I did saw the 7600 thing but ...