Info on application controlled

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by Law, Mar 13, 2006.

1. Law

Law Active Member

GPU:
    GTX560 Ti DirectCUII
    OK heres the deal, can anyone tell me the pro's and con's of leaving Anisotropic filtering, antialising and vertical sync on application controlled settings or ramping it up a high as it will go. Also where is the best place to find out how far your card can be pushed with regards these, and can anyone recommend a site that allows me to download a fps monitoring programme?

One last question, how important is it to select the right application profiles for the game your playing?

Law.

2. Dup

Dup Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 8800GTS 640MB SC
    If your game has AA and AF settings, you want to create a profile in the drivers for that game with AA and AF set to application controlled. This way you don't get any conflicts between the drivers and the game.

If your game has AA only, find the best setting for AF and make a driver profile for that game with that setting and set AA to application controlled.

The aim is to minimise conflics with drivers. CSS is a good example. If you set AA in drivers, CSS will have little or no AA ingame if there is AA set in the game options.

3. wolf68k

wolf68k Member Guru

GPU:
    eVGA 6800GS 256MB AGP 400
    Can't you just set it in the drivers the way you want AA and AF then tell the program no AA and AF so only the drivers will provide it?

4. Dup

Dup Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 8800GTS 640MB SC
    I thought that myself when I was replying actually.

I'm going to be a good samaritan and give it a go with CSS, as I know this is gauranteed to show jaggies or not.