EVGA 6800nu 128 Overclocks

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by DigitalKilla_FL, Mar 8, 2006.

1. DigitalKilla_FL

DigitalKilla_FL Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 670
    Hello Gurus,
    Many of you may not have this card anymore. But if you do (or did) can you please reply telling how fast you got your overclocks to, including those that have (or used) a modified BIOS or volt mods.

If anyone out there has successfully modified their EVGA 6800nu 128 AGP card let me know. I really want to squeeze some extra life out of my card.

Peace out,
    DigitalKilla_FL

2. ///Avengence

///Avengence New Member

GPU:
    Nvidia Apollo 6800 128 mb
    I've got an Apollo 6800nu for agp, unlocked to 12x1 and 6 vertex shaders, and i overclocked it up to 415 mhz on the core and 825 on the memory. I started to get memory artifacts, but the core temp was still very stable (under 65 degrees celsius). I couldn't up the core any more, and I'm assuming in order to do so I would need to voltmod. All this is with a stock cooler

3. Lebowski

Lebowski Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3090 Zotac
    I have an XFX 6800, managed to unlock it to 16x1 and 6 vertex shaders. Maximum stable overclocks I could get with the stock cooler were Core: 389Mhz and Memory: 892Mhz.

Have recently upgraded the card to an Arctic Cooling NV5 Silencer, which after much fiddling around I am currently doing benchmarking to see what the new maximum stable overclock is. I'll post them shortly when I'm done.

Hope this helps.

4. JxL

JxL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMR FirePro Dual D500
    mmm do you test your max core/memory on ATI tool? id like to as well, but not sure is it too much load on my card :)

5. evilcircuit

evilcircuit Master Guru

GPU:
    BFG Geforce 6800 OC w/Zalman VF700-
    my bfg's core will only do 370 and the memory is at 800 but i think it can do more then that.

6. JxL

JxL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMR FirePro Dual D500
    errr... 800? so its 1600mhz overall?

thats damn good

7. Lebowski

Lebowski Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3090 Zotac
    JxL: Don't know whether ATi tool works with nVidia cards. Whenever I test an OC on a GFX card I run through all of the synthetic benchmarks, eg: 3dMark's 03, 05 & 06, then the CSS Stress Test and the HL2: Lost Coast Stress Test. If it's fine after all that I try a half hour of Battlefield 2 which is really sensitive to overclocks, I figure if it can work ok for that lot it should be fine.

The older 6800 cards use DDR memory and about 900Mhz is the fastest I could get them to run. That's after doubling up for DDR. Of course it would be fantastic if they ran at 1600-1800Mhz but sadly not.

8. Homeless

Homeless Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 275
    PNY 6800nu 410/910 12x6 1.3v instead of stock 1.2

The voltage is for stability, as when it was clocked at 4xx with 1.2 volts I would get lower benchmarks/fps. Voltage bump made all those problems go away

Between 40-45c idle 75-80c load (case has no fans for airflow)

9. DigitalKilla_FL

GPU:
    GTX 670
    K, can someone please tell me how or give me a link to how to properly bumb my voltage up by .1 volts. Please???

10. UNREAL_2004

UNREAL_2004 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 & G12+H55
    XFX 6800Nu Extreme @ 415/900 with Silencer 5

3dmark03

[​IMG]

11. Lebowski

Lebowski Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3090 Zotac
    DigitalKilla_FL you can edit your BIOS with NiBiTor and flash it to the card with nvflash or nVidia BIOS Modifier using a bootable floppy or cd.

NiBiTor is a nifty little tool that allows you to edit any parameters within the BIOS, you can find it here: http://www.*******.net/content/view/1823/

NVFlash is here: http://www.softpedia.com/get/Tweak/Video-Tweak/nVFlash.shtml

nVidia BIOS modifier is here: http://downloads.guru3d.com/download.php?det=1118

If you try it then good luck. Not to put you off trying but the only time I tried a voltage mod on a 6800 by raising the core voltage to 1.3V, after an hour of playing Battlefield 2 my power supply made a loud bang and the pc didn't work anymore as it had fried my mobo when the psu died. I only mention it as the PSU was a 400W Antec model which i note it's what you have in your profile.

12. DigitalKilla_FL

GPU:
    GTX 670
    AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH, dude you scared me. I think I will just chill with what I have then. That sounds painful.