Zalman 9500

Discussion in 'Die-hard Overclocking & Case Modifications' started by sparkyboy7, Feb 25, 2006.

1. sparkyboy7

sparkyboy7 Member Guru

GPU:
    Asus 7600GT AGP
    Hey all,

I recently bought the 9500 for my P4 3.0 Ghz. Its a Prescott so my temps were seriously high (~50-55 C), so I bought the 9500 in hopes of decreasing the temps and getting a more quiet computer. After struggling with that stupid cooler, I finally managed to put it in (first time, I put it on backwards, so it was blowing warm air INTO the system). Now, I hear about all these new processors coming out in 2006 and 2007. I was planning to upgrade to a complete new rig around 2007, but I was wondering if the 9500 is still capable of cooling all of the high to mid range CPUs coming out around then, what with all the dual core and stuff. Did I just blow 50 bucks just for a couple of months worth of CPU cooling?

2. Soilwork

Soilwork Master Guru

GPU:
    Legend 8800GTS 640MB
    no, the 9500 will do you well for quite some time

3. Vanadis

Vanadis Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 8800 Ultra
    What are the new temps of your Prescott?

4. sparkyboy7

sparkyboy7 Member Guru

GPU:
    Asus 7600GT AGP
    Hey

My new temps are 30-35 degrees :D

5. TomCatV

TomCatV Maha Guru

GPU:
    Ti4200 "My-Fast"
    Ditto above ^^ ... Success on both accounts ... 50$ well spent and you got a deal to boot! ... even looks cool especially when its exhausting to the West!

6. 13.-Soldier

13.-Soldier Active Member

GPU:
    ATI X800 XL 256mb
    LOL there are directions for it! You'll be fine for quite some time! Glad you like it!

7. heads_up

heads_up Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 5770 1GB
    meh... xp-90's r better :p j/k nice temps tho, ive always liked zalman

8. QuadCannons

QuadCannons Guest

GPU:
    GeForce 210
    Are Freezer64 Pros better? I've seen a review or with both coolers and the Freezer64Pros get slightly lower temps. Just wondering because I thought the 9500 was the best

9. zilabo

zilabo Member

GPU:
    Sapphire X700 128MB
    :) I want to read that review, pls post the link, but I´ll never believe that AC is better than 9500

look: http://www.xbitlabs.com/articles/coolers/display/arctic-cooling_8.html

10. kwak

kwak Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce 560 ti
    the zalman 9500 will do good on the procs to come. dont forget that intel is drastically lowering tdp's on their new generation procs (conroe).