Problems with 7800 256 gtx extreme from leadtek

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by valivijelie18, Feb 26, 2006.

1. valivijelie18

valivijelie18 New Member

it seems that it dosnt matter withch drivers i install i cant get a proper reading of the temp in the control nvidia display panel, i get a constant 31 C......
    the only progran that showed me the temp was winfox taht showed me the ambient temp about 35c and the gpu temp about 37c...dose any1 have the saime card as me and knows about this problem or dose someboady know a fix?

2. Pitty187

Pitty187 Member Guru

GPU:
    Gayward 78GTX | 567-1420 | LL | WC
    Did you've install a LeadTek-driver or another directly from nV..?

3. valivijelie18

valivijelie18 New Member

yes tried them dont seem to help

4. Wolverine69r

Wolverine69r Guest

its most likely that the card is using Leadteks own temp sensor

5. ThunderScribe

ThunderScribe Member Guru

GPU:
    9800gt 512mb SLI
    Temp sensors on most Nvidia cards tend to be kludgy.

If you're really worried, buy a good external sensor set with a probe that installs on your video card.

6. valivijelie18

valivijelie18 New Member

the leadtek card hase pipeline cooling so i am not worried that will overheat or something+i have the xp120 termalight cooling for the cpu so i am not worried that something will get hot....i think i tracked the problem with something called "cold bug", theuy said they fixed it in drivers 77.72 but other ppl have the saime problems...............
    i found that Everest home edition sees my temp and still nvidia drivers cant:
    View attachment 791

Last edited: Mar 1, 2006