DDO - Some questions.

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by VixenHeart, Feb 10, 2006.

1. VixenHeart

VixenHeart Guest

I downloaded the BETA from Fileplanet and wanted to try my hand at MMORPGs. {I love these types of games most}

DDO installed and ran really good, but as soon as I seen people or was in town, it ran like a slideshow. My harddrive wasn't thinking and when I was in small areas it ran flawless at 1280x1024 with max detail.

Anyone else play this and have horrible lag? Not graphical lag, I know it's not my machine... I'm talking server lag. Really bad.

It also installed Microsoft .NET 1.1 for some reason, could someone explain what this would do?

2. KILL BILL

KILL BILL Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Radeon X850 XTPE
    Its not your machine, i suffer with the same thing, there just maxing out the server's at the mo to see what they can handle. You should notice that you only get lag in the city's and not the dungeons.

Have to say this game beats WOW hands down no grinding at all just pure adventure and fun already ordered the game. :)

3. Crucible

Crucible Guest

GPU:
    Asus Tuf 4090 OC
    I played the beta for over 3 months. It is a horrible rendition of D&D. It is probably the worst D&D game I have played. That does not make it a bad game, it just means it is not how it should be.

4. VixenHeart

VixenHeart Guest

No crafting, not a winner for me.

5. Red~Mage

Red~Mage Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Radeon X800XL
    I played the game... I can't see myself getting into it.

Nothing to do besides "Adventuring."

No crafting system, complex economy, social elements are not there... Pretty bad all around.

6. Glidefan

Glidefan Don Booze Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1070 | 8600M GS
    The .NET, is a programming platform for making windows applications. Its for Windows applications, its for helping the programmer basically. The programmer has an easier way to make apps. The user only needs to install the framework for that application to work.

7. VixenHeart

VixenHeart Guest

Well it was horrible. I would move every 3 seconds or more. When I was in a dungeon it was so pretty.