Drivers issue 6600GT.

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by trep, Feb 13, 2006.

1. trep

trep New Member

GPU:
    MSI NX6600GT VTD128 AGP8x
    Hi,

I'm having issues with drivers, i've tried 3 so far and couldn't get a good reasult, first the MSI drivers i got from the MSI live thingy bugs the video. CPU usage gets up to 100% either for quicktime, wmp, powerdvd etc.. any video will do that, uninstalled the drivers, installed the latest nvidia and run i get weird visual bugs during games intros (nfsmw, bf2, d&do) (see attachments). Not only that, but i also run into weird frame lags, i.e: in Dungeon and Dragon Online, i get into a zone, everything runs smooth, i zone into a tavern, and then go back into the previous zone, all laggy (frame lags). This wouldnt happens with the MSI drivers i had, but i had the cpu usage issue while playing videos with the MSI ones.

So any clue about drivers i should get instead of the 81.98, 81.60 and MSI drivers i got ?

Regards

trep

2. deathvirus

deathvirus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2070 MaxQ 8GB
    79.11 ... working superbly for me till now .... others include 83.10 ... but i faced some problems with SC Chaos Theory .....

3. Archer1978

Archer1978 Guest

looks like graphics memory problem to me, possible overheating???

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 13, 2006
  4. philippe.c

philippe.c Guest

GPU:
    gigabyte 460 gtx 2gb
    strang

strang m8, as you can see I have the same card and I never had those issues, right I use the last official nvidia drivers,

5. trep

trep New Member

GPU:
    I tried using the MSI drivers and the glitches disappeared, if it was hardware, it would still do it, dont ya thinik ?

Oh, and it's not overheating, temperature is constantly around 40°C, even with load !

Last edited: Feb 13, 2006
  6. trep

trep New Member

GPU:
    Ok, i've tried the 79.11 ones, but still facing the same bugs. Now i get the animations fine, without glitches, but as soon as i open a video file, cpu usage goes up to 100% and everything is so choppy, i sometimes need to reboot to get rid of everything.

Just wondering if this problem could occur cause of a bad directx9 version, or either corrupted installed file, maybe a new installation of winxp would fix everything, but i dont wanna do that unless i'm sure of the drivers im gonna install.

Regards

trep

7. Wolverine69r

Wolverine69r Guest

MSI has new drivers 82.12 WHQL, look at main forum for info

8. monalac

monalac Master Guru

GPU:
    eVGA GTX 260 - Core216
    u have corrupt card. do RMA. or else u will b screwed. before RMA check if molex power connector is connected. else format ur XP once

9. trep

trep New Member

GPU:
    Fantastic, works like a charm now, everything is fine !

Thanks for the info

Regards,

trep

10. Wolverine69r

Wolverine69r Guest

no worries mate :)

11. Archer1978

Archer1978 Guest

Wolverine saves the day...........

......AGAIN :)

12. philippe.c

philippe.c Guest

GPU:
    gigabyte 460 gtx 2gb
    cool, I´ve got to try those drivers!!!

13. trep

trep New Member

GPU:
    Well, everything is fixed but one thing, in NFSMW, evertime i complete a challenge and go back to the menu, it's super choppy, i have to alt+tab and get back into the game to get rid of the frame lag.

Anyone experiensing this kind of problem ?

Regards,

trep

14. Nitebird

Nitebird Member

GPU:
    BFG 6800GS (unlocked)
    You obviously don't know much at all about troubleshooting.
    Don't give any more advice 'til you learn more. If he'd taken your advice, it would have caused more headache for nothing.