Abit AN8-SLI or ASUS A8N32-SLI Deluxe???

Discussion in 'Consoles & console games' started by AznProto, Jan 28, 2006.

?

Abit AN8-SLI or ASUS A8N-SLI Deluxe?

1. Abit AN8-SLI

7 vote(s)
    17.1%
  2. ASUS A8N-SLI Deluxe

34 vote(s)
    82.9%
  1. AznProto

AznProto Active Member

GPU:
    ATI X800XL
    I currently have a MSI NEO4-F and i think the chipfan is way 2 loud so now im getting a new motherboard with SLI...

I have been looking at the Abit AN8-SLI looks good and is cheap costs roughly $150-200. I have also been looking at the ASUS A8N32-SLI Deluxe it is like double the price($300 cdn), it also looks good.

Is the $100-150 more worth it or no??

2. Xendance

Xendance Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia Geforce 570
    Do you mean the Asus A8N-SLI Deluxe or the A8N32-SLI Deluxe?

If you mean the A8N32-SLI Deluxe then buy it. It has passive chipset cooler and not that ****ty 9000rpm cooler I had. And plus, it overclocks a lot better than the old asus A8N-SLI Deluxe.

3. AznProto

AznProto Active Member

GPU:
    ATI X800XL
    ya i meant the A8N32-SLI

4. Logick

Logick Master Guru

GPU:
    eVGA GeForce 7900GT
    Go with ASUS A8n32 SLI.

5. G L

G L Don Juan

GPU:
    Leadtek 8800 GTS 640 MB 600/1000
  6. flavin

flavin Member

QUESTION

does that fanless chipset on the 16x/16x board mean u cant connect any case fans to it and have to use water cooling?

PS. sorry for the noob question

7. G L

G L Don Juan

GPU:
    No... just means it uses a heatpipe to an array of copper fins over by the socket. I presume Asus is banking on air hitting it from the CPU heatsink/fan, which is why their northbridge cooler is fanless. Yeah, Abit charges a lot less for that feature, $130 instead of $170 for the premium or $220 for the 32.

That would be nice though, a motherboard with blocks for chipset and mosphets preinstalled.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2006
  8. flavin

flavin Member

9. G L

G L Don Juan

GPU:
    16x, no I doubt it, I wouldn't ecpect a major dent in performance anytime soon. The bandwidth needed by the interface just never seems to ramp up that quickly. When AGP 8x came out, it wasn't those cards that benefited, nor even the next generation, but maybe the generation after that. By the time 8x SLI hurts to much more than the tune of a percentage point or two I'm sure most SLI-16x owners will have already upgraded again.

You need SLI only to have the most high-end machine around, as a single card always was acceptable before SLI I'm sure that will always continue to be the case as well. Many act like SLI for is for value somehow too, but I don't think that is likely the case. By the time many would get around to buying a second card the next generation would be out with next-gen performance and features, tempting one away from the original project. So if you're not tempted to go SLI from day one, I wouldn't worry about it. A standard SLI chipset board is pretty cheap though, so might as well just get one anyway. It is at least possible you'll run across a second card for cheap.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2006
  10. WiCz

WiCz Member Guru

GPU:
    R9 290X OC WF
    Agreed! The AN32 SLI is a great board but it would be just as great if it was 8x :)

11. DiAbolik

DiAbolik Member

GPU:
    Nvidia Geforce FX 5600 AGP x8 256Mb
    defintely the A8n32-sli deluxe. It has way better features than the A8n-sli, i am interested in getting this asus (A8N-32) mobo as soon as possible (finance allowing)..ive read loads of reviews..never found any complaints...unlike the previous versions of the A8N which have been complained about..if you have the means..defintely go for it dude ;).

12. flavin

flavin Member

the non deluxe board is 8x/8x sli right?

13. Jacku62

Jacku62 Guest

GPU:
    eVGA GTX 690
    yea if its sli version.. the new asus boards have the new nvidia chipset.. its just a bandwith booster basicly aka (prepairing for the future) lol.. and i find this quite amusing.. i looked on newegg and they had that board.. well i went to a local computer shope and they had that board for 231.00 lol with tax i had it the moment i payed for it for 23 cents cheaper :D lol.. anyways heres what you wanted to know http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16813131524

Last edited: Feb 2, 2006
  14. G L

G L Don Juan

GPU:
    NF4 SLI chipset is 8x/8x, NF4 SLI-X16 chipset is 16x/16x. The Asus A8N32 is SLI-X16, all the rest are just plain old SLI. Its basically just the same exact chipset but with more PCI-e lanes and Raid 5.

15. heads_up

heads_up Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 5770 1GB
    Ill go w/ a DFI Lanparty SLI-DR (or expert version, at full speed u cant even hear it..) only if u can afford it (liek $200) otherwise a A8N-SLI Premein is good.

16. bigpipe

bigpipe Watson Guru

GPU:
    Gtx 1080
    I have the ABIT AN8 SLI so far so good, good OC, NF4 heat pipe works very well. Uses all hi-grade japanese capacitors. Basically it's a stripped down ABIT fatality MB. It is now discontinued according to Abit (check web site)
    The asus board is a good one also. Maybe not as OC friendly but solid non the less, only draw back is the price.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2006
  17. Zydor

Zydor Active Member

GPU:
    2 x MSI 7970 Lightning
    If you are staying with the 3500+, no the 32-SLI Deluxe will not be worth the extra money. Even supposing the x16/x16 does in the future get used due to 'whatever' improvement in card/software design, you would need top end grahics cards aka 1900s/7900s/successors to make full use of it.

Those cards will be cpu bound at 10x7 & 12x10 in such a setup with a 3500+. They would need a high end cpu aka FX 60/successors, therefore a waste. So little point going with the 32-SLI with a 3500+ use the saved dosh elsewhere.

Regards
    Zy

18. ninebreaker4

ninebreaker4 Active Member

GPU:
    2x GIGABYTE 7800GT's @stock
    I got the asus A8N32 Sli-Deluxe, it is very good, i would get it!
    (P.S. what do u guys think of my new rig)

19. AznProto

AznProto Active Member

GPU:
    ATI X800XL
    ya, i am probably getting it, since i will probably upgrade my cpu and vid

20. zoogie45

zoogie45 Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 280
    There's a big difference between the A8N-SLI Deluxe & the A8N32-SLI ...

:rpg:

I wanna change my vote