One thing that has bugged me for a while in NFS:MW

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Xaser04, Feb 4, 2006.

1. Xaser04

Xaser04 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3090 FE UV
    Hey all,

This is one thing that has bugged since I have had the game NFS:MW.

If I manage to get a nice lead on the competitors it doesn't matter how fast I drive they still manage to catch up with me. Its annoying because I just thumped Blacklist number 5 but half way through the race he went completely the wrong way and got stuck yet by the end of the race he was on my tail again.

I am not moaning at the game as it is a great game it just seems a little annoying that I can sometimes loose not because I have crashed but because the computer controlled car has managed to catch up with me as if I was doing 10mph.

Has anyone else noticed this?

2. dune2

dune2 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Yeah, it always annoyed me as well. I guess this way the programmers try to keep the heat up during the game. I still like the play it though! At least this way they have room for improvement for the next episode.

3. DaShoota

DaShoota Master Guru

GPU:
    ATi Radeon HD4850
    I hate that too. Its called "catch-up". Its enabled in career mode but in regular races you can set it on/off.

4. Kon$olE

Kon$olE Guest

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1070
    Agreed. I find that most racing games are built around frustration. Its like they are designed to piss you off. Most of the time, its one mistake, and you lose.

However, it also lets you catch up when youve crashed.

5. AJ²06

AJ²06 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GT 330M 512MB
    Hmmm..... I guess its allright.... cuz when u crash u can catch them eventually, but they catch up faster..... WAIT I hate it how I hit the NOS and the cops are still there with me!!!! right beside me on the fully upgraded nos... im saying BS, cops dont have that! LOL

6. deathvirus

deathvirus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2070 MaxQ 8GB
    This "catch-up" thing is pretty unrealistic .... how can someone who has fallen behind by atleast 45s or more catch up even if u go through the perfect lap ?? And vice versa too ....

7. Alexstarfire

Alexstarfire Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce 9800GTX+ @ stock
    LOL, idk. I know that when I usually get a good lead I can hold it. That's not always the case cause sometimes I really screw up on a turn cause I'm not really thinking about it. I'm more annoyed at what the cops can do when I'm being chased, like being able to keep up with me no matter what. Of course after like one turn they are like 1 mile behind me, but up until then they are on my ass. Ohh and the biggest one of all is that they can safely run over spike strips. WTF IS THAT ALL ABOUT. You know how many time I've been caught cause of that SH!T. Ohh yea, how about me being able to fly above the SUV cops. How the heck do I go OVER that? I go under the sedan cops, but get stuck on the SUVs, that's nice.

8. TV addict#2

TV addict#2 Maha Guru

GPU:
    EvgaGtx680+HPLP-3065
    just started the game,up to beating my first black list member,I like it so far

9. Xaser04

Xaser04 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3090 FE UV
    It is a great game, I'm not suggesting it isn't its just so annoying that you can push as hard as you want, nail every corner perfectly but the guys behind always catch up at the point you don't want they too.

Also one other thing is it normal that I found blacklist number 15 was the most difficult so far. (I'm up to number 4 now)

10. horse

horse Maha Guru

GPU:
    PowerColour HD4870
    It's meant to be unrealistic, to keep the races interesting.

11. Gromuhl'Djun

Gromuhl'Djun Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070ti
    That catch-up thing is also buggy in speedtrap races, if you fall behind the opponents, your car will go faster, but if you're placed first, the opponents can go faster than you! Only noticed this once when I finished way before the other opponents, but still lost because my speeds were MUCH worse, too much to have just messed up on the nessecary points. (never happened again though, and this is one of the very few racing games that I think to be fun)

12. BFA

BFA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS GTX470
    If you want realistic racing play GT4 or Forza

13. GuitarScott

GuitarScott Maha Guru

GPU:
    BFG 9800GT 512MB
    ive been playin racing games since nascar 99.. and then when i got in the nfs series.. im uber at blocking/evading. its funny when cops try to clip ur rear fender.. just slam on the brake and nos behind em and around.

14. Xaser04

Xaser04 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3090 FE UV

Ah GT4 with its realistic AI that follows the racing line with such precision that if you get in their way they just smash into the back of you.

Nah seriously though I understand that NFS:MW isn't meant to be some uber sim but still I hate the catch up. Also if I fall behind I want to be able to catch up using my skill not because the other cars end up going slower.

15. netnexus

netnexus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4870x2
    The catch up is the reason i stopped playing. I'm on BL3 and I just couldn't be bothered anymore.

16. BFA

BFA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS GTX470
    I personally like Forza better :blunt:

17. AJ²06

AJ²06 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GT 330M 512MB
    Great game, except the catch up shiz... :D

18. F1refly

F1refly Ancient Guru

GPU:
    970GTX-oc edition
    doesnt anyone else find the steering too sensitive? i used it on both saitek and xbox360 controller and wish to god there was a sensitivity setting, its the only reason i cant stand to play it, i'm constantly nudging the stick left and right to keep the car where i want it

19. Kon$olE

Kon$olE Guest

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1070
    Lol, if you fool around with the customization on the car, you can make the steering ALOT more sensitive. So much so, that you never have to worry about crashing.

20. Jerms

Jerms Member

GPU:
    BFG 6800GT
    Just wondering if you guys can answer me something? I bought the black edition cause it was on sale. I read somewhere that you can access a couple of cars right away like a camero or something. Where can I get these cars or do I have to unlock them. I just want to try them out in the quick race.