ATITool Guide....

Discussion in 'Links' started by funkymonkey, Apr 26, 2004.

1. sakke

sakke Member

GPU:
    (ATI/x800GTO2/256Mb)@598/596 Mhz
    thanks, B00

2. Shaman391

Shaman391 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 66GT 128mb@600/1320 1.6ns
    ATItool also works with nvidia cards :)

3. sakke

sakke Member

GPU:
    yes. It does! Probably with Creative and Matrox cards too.

4. nascarmike

nascarmike Member

GPU:
    ATI 4870
    I also am wondering if anyone has tried this with one of the new ATI X1300 512? If so with what susccess? They have that new core design but lots of ram.

5. sakke

sakke Member

GPU:
    Yes, I assume it would, although I have no experience with it.

6. houdios

houdios New Member

i have been running atitool for over an hour now, and it still says no errors should I just press abort?

7. Joshiii

Joshiii Active Member

GPU:
    Sapphire X850XT
    :3eyes:
    Creative doesn't make their own videocard chipsets...
    They use nVidia chipsets.

8. Roger_D25

Roger_D25 Guest

GPU:
    Asus Strix GTX980Ti
    Hey Guys,
    I just recently got a new 7900GT (believe me if I could have afforded it I would have gotten the X1900XT or XTX so I'm no fanboy). Alright with that out of the way, I usually use RivaTuner because I'm comfortable with it but unfortunetly it doesn't support the new 7900 series cards. I've heard of people using ATI Tool with their Nvidia cards but do you get full-funtionality when using Nvidia cards? I hope so because this program looks awesome, I expecially like the overclocking (while testing for artifacts) options it has! I hope to hear back from someone soon as I'd love to DL and install it soon. Thanks guys, your help is much appreciated!

9. mito

mito Member Guru

GPU:
    zotac gtx 280 SLI
    When will ATI Tool support the x1000 series?

10. jj_frap

jj_frap Member

GPU:
    x800 GTO 256 MB GDDR3 @ 517/569
    The beta version does.

11. laszlo462

laszlo462 New Member

GPU:
    ATI Mobility Radeon X1400
    I know this is probably a bad idea, but I was curious. I was attempting to OC the X1400 Mobility in my Inspiron using ATITool, but whenever a clock speed is changed, it just blacks out the screen. I let it sit for a few minutes, and nothing happened. I have to do hard boot to get the system back. Is this just because it is a mobile card?

12. witek

witek New Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte 9000PRO 64MB
    Hey i have a gigabyte radeon 9000pro(the one whit a radiator) i have started the ATItool i started finding the max core after 5 munutes it said that it i overheating so i aborted the test the screen turned black and i got some messege from the CCC and he asked me do i want to send the a raport or no i said no and everything i working but the core set to default back. What dose that mean should i leave it for these 20min. or dida i do good and that is the most of my graphic card. P.S. Sorry form my english.

13. Trenchdog73

Trenchdog73 Guest

GPU:
    2x 290x Tri-x
    sorry, I know this is back a page :0) so 625.91 on my x850pro = 1251.82? how?

14. tEh_HyBrId

tEh_HyBrId Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire X1800XT 256mb @ 685/1764
    Because it is running GDDR3 memory...you double it, dunno why, just do..

15. Trenchdog73

Trenchdog73 Guest

GPU:
    2x 290x Tri-x
    lol ok, I guess my card is a hell of alot faster then i thought, some one should tell my frame rates to double as well

16. iseedeadpeople

iseedeadpeople Master Guru

GPU:
    eVga 8800 Ultra OC
    I just got my PC up and running yesterday morning (first build) anyway I have ATI x1900xtx with 6.3 Driver, I downloaded ATI tool to see OC capability of this bad boy, I click on scan for artifact = 0 error 3d test = impressive, find max core vertical lines and black screen...what seems to be the problem?thanks

17. Problems with Catalyst 6.5

Hi, I dont think alot of people are aware of this but the new 6.5's do not work correctly with the ATI TOOL overclocking utility. Any game that has AVI, MPG, or any video file when it plays it will automatically downclock your video card back to stock specs regardless of the fact that the ATI services responsible for the 2d-3d switch are disabled:bang:

This really freakin sucks and it completetly defeats the purpose of me going to the 6.5's. CCC's overclocking feature also sucks compared to ATI TOOLS. I hope that a new version of ATI TOOL will come out soon and fix this crap.

18. akhandyman

akhandyman Guest

GPU:
    ATI 1900XTx 512mb PCI-Ex16
    Isn't Catalyst 6.7 out now? Should ATItool work with the new drivers? BTW ... being a video card newb, should I use 0.24 or the beta 0.25 ver14? I was using the BETA ver10 until I realized that it was a few months old ... haven't yet loaded up the latest BETA ver yet, just thought I'd ask ... also, is the ATI x850XT better than the x800XT?

19. Octavean

Octavean Guest

GPU:
    GTX960 / GTX670 / GTX760
    Does anyone know if the beta ATITool will work in Vista Beta 2 or RC1 with an X1900 class card (using ATI's new Vista RC1 drivers)???

Last edited: Sep 9, 2006
  20. AXS

AXS Master Guru

GPU:
    ATi HD 4800
    ATITool 0.25 Beta 15 is out ;)

* Add support for X1900 GT, X1800 GTO, X1950 XTX and others
    * Fixed wrong memory clock on NVIDIA G7x
    * On ATI cards with 2D/3D modes ATITool will automatically switch to 3D Mode until a dystem restart
    * Changed ATI clock setting method
    * BIOS dump will work on all X1000 cards now