Is this normal for SLI??

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by darthanakin23, Jan 25, 2006.

1. Renegade8100

Renegade8100 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 SC
    I really dont see an issue. if you had performance problems then that would be another story, but slight temperature variation is fine

2. yasendi

yasendi Member Guru

GPU:
    ASUS Geforce GTX 590
    Man.. You have the same setup as mine!! and I have the opposite situation....The Top card is hotter by 4C always.

Try not to put a PCI card near the bottom card as it blocks the air. I scarfaiced one of the PCI card just to lower the bottom card temperature.

3. Here is something really weird...I swapped the cards around, so my bottom one is on the top now and guess what? The top one is now 3-4 celsius higher, so I guess one of my cards just tends to run a bit hotter then the other one, is this normal?

4. Renegade8100

Renegade8100 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 SC
    lol yes its fine, some cards overclock more aswell. its core variation

5. FourFourTwo

FourFourTwo Active Member

GPU:
    2 x XFX 7800GT SLI
    Relax mate, it's fine. My bottom card usually runs a couple of degrees hotter than my top one despite the fact that "heat rises". I have read a lot of posts from guys who have the same thing and many from guys whose cards run with the top one a bit hotter.
    Video cards are individual and will run at slightly different temperatures anyway. I'm sure that 4C difference is well within normal operating parameters.

6. Deeez

Deeez Active Member

GPU:
    XFX 7900 GTX 512mb
    i have 2 7800gts and its always been the other way around. I had 2 Acrtic Cooler 5 rev 3 on them. Top card is 38-41C and lower card is 35-37c. Even with stock Heatsink its always around 35C. I Though i read the top card is always going to be hotter since its talking to that one mostly. Does your Cooling look like this? You say you have AC3, do you mean AC5 "rev3"?
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 25, 2006
  7. solofly

solofly Banned

GPU:
    eVGA 580 SC SLI@840@1080P
    Unusual but nothing to worry about.

Besides with EVGA's lifetime warranty you're safe.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2006
  8. eat@joes

eat@joes Maha Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire AMD 6850
    If it works, don't fix it.

9. Mugatu0

Mugatu0 New Member

GPU:
    EVGA 7800GTX 256
    ya its fine all the cards have diffrent idle temps, i had 2 6600 b4 and both had a difftemp by 4 nothing to worry about

10. Thanks for all the help guys...I really appreciate it.