Leadtek and Nvidia Drivers

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by stonehawk, Jan 24, 2006.

1. stonehawk

stonehawk Member

GPU:
    GeForce 6800 GS (Leadtek WinFast)
    I picked up a Leadtek GeoForce 6800 and was wondering if I could use the newest Nvidia drivers or do I have to use the LeadTek drivers?

Thanks

2. psy_parasite

psy_parasite Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 7950x2 OC
    use drivers off nvidia.com, if you dont mind beta just use normal forceware drivers. try 82.65, check guru file section. I wouldnt use leadtek drivers, usually they will be slighty dated compared to recent releases.

3. LaStOfThE

LaStOfThE Member

GPU:
    Leadtek GX7800 GTX TDH 256 MB
    Indeed, very outdated. I have a GX7800GTX and the Leadtek drivers are still 7.77, since august '05! I wonder when are they going to get a new driver...

LE: the 81.98 nVidia driver didn't get along very well with my card - FIFA06 ran with heavy artifacts; oh, and POP-TWW, wich comes in the card's bundle too :D. But this version 82.65 seems ok. I wonder why this one doesn't yet appear on nVidia's site though...

Last edited: Jan 24, 2006
  4. stonehawk

stonehawk Member

GPU:
    Thanks for the reply.

I will give the 82.65 drivers a try.

I went to uninstall 81.85 drivers from leadtek but find that they are not listed in the modify/remove software list for XP. I can't seem to find them, yet they are installed and working. What would be the best way to get them uninstalled in order for me to install the new ones.

Thanks again

Last edited: Jan 24, 2006

5. LaStOfThE

LaStOfThE Member

GPU:
    use driver cleaner pro, ang good luck!

6. GaRd3NiA

GaRd3NiA Active Member

GPU:
    Leadtek A400TDH(16x1,6)@300/415/920
    i think i hv the same card with u, a 6800 from leadtek A400TDH..
    try 82.12, it work great in my system...

7. kalniel

kalniel Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire x1950xt 256mb
    If I remember correctly, the drivers are listed under 'winfast display driver' or something similar.

The reason the drivers are old is simply that they have to provide drivers that actually work - they are supporting the gfx card, unlike NVidia. If they supply a latest driver, which then fails to run a game or on a dual core rig etc. then they are not providing you with a working service. The amount of problems there are in the later NVidia drivers I really don't blame them for hanging onto something like 77.77

8. LaStOfThE

LaStOfThE Member

GPU:
    You are right, but how about performance? I can't even see a beta for download. It's a well known fact that this driver (7.77) provides lesser performance. So it's a pitty...

9. Wolverine69r

Wolverine69r Guest

you mean 77.77, and if you use the winfox updater 83.10 is available but it sucks

10. stonehawk

stonehawk Member

GPU:
    Thanks for the replies. I havent attempted removing the 77.77 drivers yet.

Where do I get the winfox updater?

11. LaStOfThE

LaStOfThE Member

GPU:
    WinFox is a ****ty program, with a ****ty interface. I installed them once, and after a day I deleted them *fast*. I stay away from them since then.

12. Wolverine69r

Wolverine69r Guest

...geez.. get the hell over yourself, it does have a few features that aren't available without it such as flashing bios in windows... hell its why i modded a ASUS TI4800se bios to a leadtek one...

13. KenA

KenA Member

GPU:
    eGeforce 7600GT Superclocked 512mb
    83.10's are on Leadteks ftp now, you don't need WinFox.

Wolverine69r how is that Antec 480 psu? Does it have modular wiring? I am upgrading from a 330w and have been looking at TruePower 480.

14. Estima8tor

Estima8tor Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 970 FTW
    77.77's are great drivers for the gf6 cards, good fps & image quality. Unless your having issues with these drivers, I would keep em. :)

15. Wolverine69r

Wolverine69r Guest

this model doesn't, but there is a version available with modular wiring