Battlefield 2 Help

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by El1jonmc, Jan 22, 2006.

1. El1jonmc

El1jonmc Guest

GPU:
    Asus GTX 1060 3GB OC
    Ok, my girlfriend just bought me this game, and i installed it this morning, and im already disappointed...1 the server login wasn't working till about 4 hours ago, 2 it LAGGS ALOT.... and 3....i didn't know it was ONLY online game.

Well it's fun and it looks good too...but why does it lagg so much? is it because i need to update it? i know it's not my computer...and i have Ultra DSL....so what is this lagg? what's the point of having such a fun game if it's going to lagg....the only time when it doesn't lagg is if i play Singel Player online..

Am i missing something?

2. [X]Pyro

[X]Pyro Master Guru

GPU:
    PNY 6800 GT
    yeah i lagged like mad until i put in an extra gig of ram,the game with all the details turned up uses 1.4 gigs of ram,your issue is the page filing from the hard drive.

alot of people have found the same issue when running good vid cards with high settings.

have you put in all the patches?

3. YurAnus

YurAnus Master Guru

GPU:
    ATI Mobile Radeon HD 5730
    Getting another gig of ram might help. I used to have 2 gigs of pc3200 but sold it so that i could get a gig of pc4000 to overclock. It runs alot better with 2 gigs of memory. Loads alot faster and dosn't lag as much when first getting onto servers.

4. evilkiller650

evilkiller650 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 980ti AMP! Extreme
    No, I have 2GB RAM and I know what this guy is on about. I get it. Disgusting amount of lag, not stuttering, just lag. EA REALLY need to do something about. 1 in 15 times of playing I get smooth gameplay.

5. [X]Pyro

[X]Pyro Master Guru

GPU:
    PNY 6800 GT
    well then it must be your connection i play everyday on several different servers and never have lag...6meg line

also in the server browser pick a server with low ping,very simple,sort by ping.

6. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    what version nvidia drivers are u using???

7. El1jonmc

El1jonmc Guest

GPU:
    Asus GTX 1060 3GB OC
    drivers 8198, and uh everything is fine except i guess another gig of ram i would get then, but i don't belive it will help the lagg problem...i also have Ultra DSL, and errr it laggs, and i also pick the lowest ping servers, and umm yeah.... i might end up returning this game..it was no use...didn't know it didn't have a singal player campaign without being online....but i won't return it until i get another gig of ram 1st, but if i see lagg....bye bye

i only patched it with the newest patch?

my question is, do i have to start from the oldest patch? to the newest patch? or does the newest patch contain all the others patches data?

Last edited: Jan 23, 2006
  8. dominant1

dominant1 Guest

GPU:
    Evga Gtx1070 Superclocked
    yeah 2 gig of corsair pro ram made a world of difference for me in bf2, go that route....

9. Thug

Thug Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    2 gig worked for me too, BUT, this game is very fussy on internet connections and i dont know why. I only ever find about 136 servers (my friend finds thousands), and it use to often say `internet connection lost`. It also takes an eternity to connect and get the game up and running, unlike COD2 which i can be playing online within about 30 seconds of starting the game up.

MATT

10. MechWarrior

MechWarrior Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 780 Classified Sli OC
    Are you running behind a router or firewall, cuz that could be the reason your only detecting 100 or so servers.

11. Nato.dbnz

Nato.dbnz Ancient Guru

GPU:
    5870 Crossfire
    Umm, you can play single player offline but there are only about 10 maps and it gets dull reasonably fast, however it is still a very nice looking game and you get no lag offline. I only play with 1 g of ram and there is no lag so it must be solely an internet play issue.

12. Billabong

Billabong Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 9800GTX
    There is a thread on here somewhere about EA stuffing up the servers creating lag, try a search, I honestly don't think it is the game or your pc, albiet 2gb of ram has been proven to run BF2 better, I think you'll find it is an EA server problem.

Basically I stopped playing this game, the SF addon and now these other bits and pieces EA is releasing is just bull$hit, they have stuffed what, on release was a buggy game, even further.

EDIT: The other thread ....... http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=168400

Last edited: Jan 23, 2006
  13. dominant1

dominant1 Guest

GPU:
    Evga Gtx1070 Superclocked
    yeah i find that when you use the filters you get better servers, so set up your filters then restart the game. i get about 900 servers to choose from before the filters it was about 2500 servers.......and i could barely connect to any of them. now i connect to every one i choose!

14. Hajile

Hajile Master Guru

GPU:
    Inno3d FX 5900xt
    Bandwidth doesn't equal latency. I have DSL and when playing oversees servers, i still ping like i'm on dial-up =( Set the browser to sort the servers by latency to have the fastest servers at the top of the list. Then set add them to your favorites so you wouldn't have to search for them again.

15. YurAnus

YurAnus Master Guru

GPU:
    ATI Mobile Radeon HD 5730
    Getting another gig of ram I am sure will help out a little.

16. ST19AG_WGreymon

ST19AG_WGreymon Guest

GPU:
    eVGA RTX2070
    Most of the time it's the servers you join. If your getting lag not stuttering, then the servers are your problem. Join a server with a ping less than 100.