Asus N7800 gt unlock?

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by christhedude182, Jan 15, 2006.

1. christhedude182

christhedude182 Member

GPU:
    Nvidia Geforce 6600gt
    Hi all,
    I heard from someone i know that the asus n7800gt can be unlocked to the same as a 7800gtx? ? anyone have a link or something? i've searched about on the web but all that comes up is the n7800gt dual... :( i just hope hes right, saving 100 pounds sounds great for me ...

2. Logick

Logick Master Guru

GPU:
    eVGA GeForce 7900GT
    Never heard that you can unlock the 4 extra pipelines. I might be wrong, some one correct me.

Well you can do a little more search but i dont think you actually can unlock them.

3. roguesn1per

roguesn1per Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX580
    no 7800gt can be unlocked!!!!!

except for the very first ones made but u have a 99.9% chance of NOT getting one

a 7800 gt compared to a gtx is not worth it

4. TheGriffin

TheGriffin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Intel HD Graphics 3000
    Its hard locked for god sakes, how many times do we need to say that.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2006

5. christhedude182

christhedude182 Member

GPU:
    Nvidia Geforce 6600gt
    omg...

so the thought that, just maybe, i haven't been watching this forum like a hawk didn't cross your mind? maybe i've been doing stuff with my life? no need to be offensive dude. ffs, people who see this should ignore it, not come into the thread just to make a snide and, lets face it, pathetic remark.

love from chris

6. general_koffi

general_koffi Member Guru

GPU:
    Radeon HD4870 512MB
    I think this should be a sticky.

Well, a GT is like half the price...

7. dune2

dune2 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 4090

Well, answering questions posted in these forums is purely based on goodwill. Ergo, we expect a little bit of personal application before you post. Such as googling or using the search function. If you had done either, you would have come across myriad articles and posts from people who have asked and discussed the same issue. So next time you hear something from someone, check it out beforehand. If you still have questions, we are glad to help. And don't mind Griffin, he'd just love to have a GT or a GTX! :)

Love from Dune!

8. christhedude182

christhedude182 Member

GPU:
    Nvidia Geforce 6600gt
    i heard though that it was the n7800gt only, not standard 7800gt.. thats what i mean. I've searched for info on it elsewhere but found nothing, THAT is why i decided to give it a post... does having another thread talking about make any difference anyway? no... Thanks anyway guys.

9. Hobbla

Hobbla Member Guru

GPU:
    NVidia GTX 1080 FE
    Well if this question has been asked so many times then I suggest someone sticky this or another topic stating that you CANNOT unlock 7800GT pipes.

10. Templ

Templ Guest

That's a really dumb thing to say. The card is like 40% cheaper, but not 40% slower. The performace difference is actually pretty minimal in some OpenGL games. If you want, you can OC it and make it run even a lil bit faster than a GTX.