More DirectX 7 Problems

Discussion in 'ATI Tray Tools Generic Discussion' started by Drek, Jan 10, 2006.

1. Drek

Drek Member

GPU:
    Sapphire Radeon HD2600 XT
    I'm having another problem with a DirectX 7 game, Panzer General II. The problem is that the screen is scrolling too fast. Some DX 7 timing mechanism somewhere is broken. This only happened after my latest bout of installing Omega drivers and ATT, then uninstalling the Omega drivers and installing Catalyst 5.13 with ATT. If anyone has any idea what might be causing this, it would be much appreciated. It doesn't make the game unplayable, but it does mean that I have to click on the strategic map to look at different parts of the screen as the screen scrolls so fast that it is impossible to control it.

2. Ray Adams

Ray Adams Guest

GPU:
    ATI HD6950
    Try to set Vsync=ON

3. Drek

Drek Member

GPU:
    Sapphire Radeon HD2600 XT
    Well actually, I've discovered this is a much bigger problem than just DirectX 7, and I very much doubt it is a Vsync issue. I did the following twice just to be sure. I used the catalyst uninstaller to completely remove ATI Tray Tools, and the Catalyst drivers. Then I installed the Catalyst drivers, then I installed my monitor drivers, then I ran the DirectX Direct3D tests from the DX Diagnostics Display tab, everything was fine. Then I installed ATT and ran it, without changing anything, just plain vanilla ATT. I then ran the same Direct3D tests and suddenly the tests ran like lightning. The cubes were spinning so fast they just looked like flickering squares. I would say this is quite obviously related to the problem I was having in Panzer General II. It appears to be some kind of timing issue, where the timers that prevent animations, and other renderings, from proceeding too quickly, has been broken.

I think you can see my basic hardware configuration. If you need any other information let me know. You can email me at olstairsatnospamrogersdotcom (take out the nospam) if you like.

*nasal buzzer* wrong again! I tried setting Vsync always on, and it worked! Thank you! And thanks for the terrific work you've done with ATT. :)

Last edited: Jan 11, 2006