Mod failure PLs help!!!!

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon' started by sinkor, Jan 9, 2006.

1. sinkor

sinkor Active Member

GPU:
    X800 PRO MSI
    1) Buy some flopies.

2) Insert the first floppy, right click it, choose format, and choose to make it a bootable DOS floppy.

3) Copy the following files onto the floppy*: flashrom, flashrom.chg, and flashrom.rom (DISK1)

4) Repeat step 2 and copy the following files onto the floppy*: atiflash.cfg, dos4gw, gvf11, and r80x256v.f1 (DISK2)

5) Repeat step 2 and copy the following files onto the floppy*: ATI.X800XT.256.Samsung16, flashrom, flashrom.chg, and flashrom.rom

6) Reboot and tell BIOS to boot from floppy, then restart.

7) Insert floppy (DISK1) and wait for DOS prompt.

8) Type the following command: flashrom -s 0 X800Pro_original.bin

9) Reboot and switch to floppy DISK2... wait for DOS prompt

10) Type the following command: gvf11 -P -F R80X256V_filename.F1

11) Reboot, go into Windows XP, and check in ATI tool to see if all 16 pipelines are now unlocked. If sucessful, proceed to step 12.

12) Insert DISK3 and reboot, wait for DOS prompt.

13) Type the following command: flashrom -p 0 ATIX800XT-filename.bin

14) ALL DONE! Check with benchmarks and torture tests to make sure the card is working like an XT.

I did the above instruction and turns out my card cannot be modded unless a hard mod.( I stopped at step 11 cause I did not see any 16 pipes and I tried to go on the later steps it says file error and I stopped the whole thing)all together)

Now my card is running at Xt speed but very unstable with temperature going up to 70 degree celsius. Currently i lower it back to my original core and memory speed with ATI tool.

Please gurus can you advise me how can I flash my bios back? the above was what I did. I am a real noob for this, please give me very detail instruction... sigh :bang:

Many thanks in advance!!!!!!!!!!

Btw my card is a MSI RX800 ProTD250 ( I think ths is the model with only TV out)

Last edited: Jan 9, 2006
  2. sinkor

sinkor Active Member

GPU:
    X800 PRO MSI
    Thank God, manage to solve it by using atiflash -f -p 0 x800pro_filename.bin

All is good now !!!