PCI latency? a Q for Gurus

Discussion in 'Links' started by Emile, Jan 6, 2005.

Tags:
  1. Jagdtiger

Jagdtiger Member

GPU:
    Leadtek A400TDH GeForce 6800 128MB
    Here's the picture
    [​IMG]

And I don't see any GeForce 6800

Last edited: Dec 29, 2005
  2. fOrTy_7

fOrTy_7 Guest

GPU:
    N/A
    Did you use the lastest version?? Build 3 fixes even more not showing devices.

3. Jagdtiger

Jagdtiger Member

GPU:
    Well, readme says it IS PCI Latency Tool v3.0 with bold and big letters

4. fOrTy_7

fOrTy_7 Guest

GPU:
    N/A
    :D
    When I said build 3 I meant PCI Latency Tool v3.0 build 3. Build number isn't displayed in main application window or in readme.txt. Build 3 fixes problem with not showing devices which is present in build 2. Just download the never version from here and reinstall PCI Latency Tool v3.0. If the problem will still exist then report it to Simon.

5. Jagdtiger

Jagdtiger Member

GPU:
    Well now it works THANKS A LOT :dave: :)

6. __hollywood|meo

__hollywood|meo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6700xt @2.7ghz
    hey, so, quick question.. tried to run the *.msi setup file, and it told me my windows installer had issues (possibly because of safe mode or improper installation of windows installer) and the installation couldn't continue.

i wasn't in safe mode. i've installed numerous progs recently with no issue. wtf? anyone have any idea what this could be about? i downloaded it from guru3d btw..

7. ffa

ffa Member Guru

Make sure you are running the correct installer (x86 or x64) and that you have installed windows installer 3.0 (www.microsoft.com).

8. __hollywood|meo

GPU:
    6700xt @2.7ghz
    lol. yeah, i ran the *86, of course, and i verified the version of windows installer.. then i reregistered the executable, then checked out the dll.... then reinstalled the whole windows installer.

i don't know what's going on :O

9. AnthraxPants

AnthraxPants Banned

GPU:
    XFX 4890HD 1GB
    I've instaled an installer.msi off a game cd to fix a problem with installer before, don't know if that would help though. I can't remember if it said something about safe mode though. Seems to happen installing games sometimes. I would of thought a simple installer wouldn't have so many problems but lately it seems it has had a few upgrades. I can only suggest trying an installer off a recent game disc, as it might being looking for a certain file version that isn't in the one from microsoft. I think it happend when I was installing FEAR so I used installer.msi on the FEAR disc and then the installation worked alright.

10. Carl Haub

Carl Haub New Member

GPU:
    NVIDIA GE Force FX 5700
    PCI Latency with GE Force

Does anyone know if a NVIDIA GE Force FX 5700 card (256 meg) is a PCI or AGP?

I cannot determine this for sure although I think it's a PCI.

I ask this since the Guru 3d site says that PCI Latency Tool 3.1 will not work with a PCI card (or PCI Express, don't know what that is). Is there a tool that will work with the above card?

Thanks!

11. AnthraxPants

AnthraxPants Banned

GPU:
    XFX 4890HD 1GB
    PCI Express is the new standard on recent motherboards that is replacing PCI. FX 5700 is an old card and uses AGP which runs on the PCI bus (PCI bus connects all your plug in cards such as soundcards, usb cards and graphics cards to Southbridge chip which in turn connects to Northbridge chip, main memory and CPU).
    PCI latency tool should work with your card, if you need any help just post in this thread again.
    PCI Express on new motherboards doesn't have a latency setting you can alter so you don't have to worry about if you buy a new motherboard sometime.

12. __hollywood|meo

GPU:
    6700xt @2.7ghz
    thanks for the reply. i definately hadn't thought of trying that, i will soon.

13. dark_cs

dark_cs Member Guru

GPU:
    8800GTS 512
    My Realtek Audio is not showing up in PCI Lateny Tool (3.0 build 3) :
    [​IMG]

It shows up in this guys :

[​IMG]

14. AnthraxPants

AnthraxPants Banned

GPU:
    XFX 4890HD 1GB
    I wouldn't worry about it if I was you.

15. dark_cs

dark_cs Member Guru

GPU:
    8800GTS 512
    I don't see what is wrong with setting its latency :)

16. PellaeonSZ

PellaeonSZ Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 670 2GB RAM
    Hi,

I just downloaded and installed version 3.0 build 3 (used version 2.3 before). Every device with a latency is set to 32 (including my Geforce 6800 now), except 1: An (system device) Intel Processor to AGP controller - 2571. That one is set by default to 64.

Should I set that one to 32? Leave it at 64? Or should I put my video card at 64 too?

17. dark_cs

dark_cs Member Guru

GPU:
    8800GTS 512
    Set it to 08

18. buckiller

buckiller New Member

Help

I have a PCI slot 5200fx in need of this program. After running this, I can not find my card at all, whereas my ethernet and firewire card show up.

Help? I have a dell mobo if that helps.

EDIT: Fixed this myself with a newer version of this tool that came with some NGO drivers.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2006
  19. alebaba

alebaba Master Guru

GPU:
    6800 gt with t240hd 24
    this is my setting, anything i need to change?

[​IMG]

20. Raikku

Raikku Master Guru

GPU:
    POV GTX 280
    I tried values 32 (my pc's agp stock setting) and 64, didn't noticed any dramatic differences, although it seems that my mark06 points drop 300p when i set value to 64 (from ~2100 to around 1700p), no big differences in '05.