Best Gaming Moment EVER?

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by evilkiller650, Dec 31, 2005.

1. TheReproducer

TheReproducer Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 3080
    Deus ex, when I killed Walton Simons in a couple Dragon tooth sword swipes after he made his speech about being so much more superior than I am.

2. play2lose

play2lose Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2 X Diamond 7970's
    Whenever I'm called a hacker on CS:S, ah, so great, greatest compliment ever lol. But my most memorable gaming moment would have to be MoH: PA. In the begining, when Pearl Harbor is being bombed, and your just running on the dock, with the emotional music, and you see everyone dieing, and you try to help them, but its just so hard. ahh great game. need to reinstall

Last edited: Jan 1, 2006
  3. GenerationGXX

GenerationGXX Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 9800GTX SLI
    one memorable moments i had wis when i picked my nose cause it was ichy and this hot girl came by and she saw me and turned away.

oh you mean about games? ah, lets see...i have none :)

4. 2god4u

2god4u Master Guru

GPU:
    2x Leadtek PX6800 TDH @ 420/800
    ^^ lol ^^

Is that true? XD

5. zhackore

zhackore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus GTX 570
    probably best gaming moments ever are actually two moments..

one in Counter-Strike 1.3 way back....

I was leading my clan in a losing match and decided that we had to shake up our strategy to at least clinch one of the halfs...

We decided to break up into groups of two, and stagger our formation, with the team staying within site of the other two, while a lone sniper stays in the middle ..so two people upfront, sniper in the middle, and two pulling up the back.

We were playing on the map de_cpl_mill and we hit up heavy resistance with 4 opponents firing openly from strategic positions, the two guys upfront gave cover fire while the rear moved up past the sniper while giving cover fire, while the sniper moved back and begin picking off the 4 opponents. The strategy worked so perfectly mainly because the opponents didn't know we were towing a sniper. We were able to turn the tide of the game into our favour and get momentum. We ended going into overtime and wining the damn thing to move up Cal-I ladder.

Second moment was in a mmorpg Called Earth and Beyond about 3 years back.

I was with a couple of my friends in this sector looking for stuff to kill when we came upon a mob called the Mordana.. Usually you need a group of 5 people to efficiently kill the Mordana and eventually spawn the Cruiser (Boss) who drops Uber equipment. So we decided to try and fight the mordana just the 3 of us and I created a strategy which required a lot of Kiting, and eventually we became so good at it we spawned the Cruiser and its guards (9+ mobs with the Cruiser)... we decided we would kite the mobs and have our warriors eat up all the heat while the healer fixed him up, and the 3rd guy fed the healer energy to heal the warrior ALL while we fought the damn things. Eventually we eliminated all the guards and proceeded to take down the Cruiser... oh man we were soo happy, because we decided to farm the cruiser for 8 hours and got 8 uber items and sold them for hundreds of millions of ingame credits! I became a billionair that way in the game! that fking ruled.

yes I used to be an addict.

6. evilkiller650

evilkiller650 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 980ti AMP! Extreme
    Ouch. Its ok, you don't need to make excuses; everyone has at least 1 bad habit! :p

7. Alexstarfire

Alexstarfire Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce 9800GTX+ @ stock
    Well, if we're going to include CS:S in this then I probably top everyone. I'm T on de_aztec and I've got an AWP and a deagle, nothing else. I get naded and shot down to 1 HP and it's an 8v1 situation, me being the one of course. I shot 1 person with a deagle and 3 people with my AWP before I planted the bomb at B. I'm sitting at the double dorrs over on the CT side and I kill 1 person with a deagle and 2 with the AWP. The last guy kills me, but the bomb goes off so we win anyways.

That's my best multiplayer moment.

Almost forgot something though. Other good moments included ones when our four person home made clan beat the crap out of other clans when they had more people, like 4v6 and 4v8. That was the ****. We never played the great teams, but even the average ones should have been able to beat us when we are outmanned. I knew we were good, but I didn't think we were that good. Ahh, and de-rats.

Ohh, almost forgot the times when I was T on office and I killed the entire CT team with my glock. That was amazing. They only had 5 people, but still.

EDIT: BTW, I decided to change my best moment EVER to when I was playing Tales of Phantasia. When you go into the destroyed city near the beginning of the game.

8. InFiD3L

InFiD3L Guest

GPU:
    x1950 Pro
    Finshing CoD; Demolition! The taking of Leningrad and erecting the flag was the single most intense, and reflective gameplay I have ever experienced in single player mode (and I am a true mp gameplayer)! After experiencing my fellow troops turning upon me to ensure I did nothing but fight for the Red Flag, did I realise the true meaning of WWII. Thoroughly breathtaking, and immensely thought provoking - I regularly cross-reference to the factual accuracy of CoD to WWII discussions.

I have also cross referenced CoD to current documentaries on Discovery (et al) and it rings sooo true!!!

Roger out!

9. PrinceGaz

PrinceGaz Maha Guru

GPU:
    GF8800GTS 640MB @ stock
    If best gaming moment means that which most stunned me, it has to be Doom. Original Doom, not the lousy Doom 3. Doom was the first true FPS game I played and to this day the one which gave me the most scary moments.

1 person likes this.
  10. Tyketto

Tyketto Guest

you little boys may not remember this but, there's another nice little moment for me and it's very special.

it's while playing Monkey Island (about halfway into the game) and on the screen appears the word: Please Insert MonkeyIsland Disk-3
    lol, i searched for it all day but then after clicking so many times it was actually a joke from the developers. hehe :D

11. Must Kill Ati

Must Kill Ati Master Guru

GPU:
    Leadtek 6800le
    There was a loud mouth doing what drunk loud mouths do, at a superbowl party I hosted last year. Several games of Madden were being played simultaneously around the room, and the loud mouth wasn't drunk enough to lose. He bet me any bill in my wallet that he would beat me by at least 10 points if I played him. I accepted (testosterone runs high on superbowl day, you know), and pulled out a $10 bill out of my wallet, setting it under a beer can on the table in front of us...
    Long story shorter... after I smoked the fool by 20 something points and picked up the bill, I realized it was a $100 bill (needed when the poker game broke out later), and acted like I knew that's what I had bet. He was drunk enough to pay up.

12. Rogger

Rogger Member Guru

GPU:
    eVGA e-GeForce 7800GT
    Called a hacker playing Call of Duty 2, running up a 15-2 kill ratio in multiplayer with the worse equipment i could get.

(Pretty recent :p)
    [​IMG]

Perfect Dark 64, smashing 20 meat sims with my dual Calisto assualt rifles after school for hours. (5 years later and I am sure I could navigate my old fave. map backwards)

Playing super smash brothers with 3 computers with 99 lives on their hardest setting for 3 hours of insane button mashing.

Realizing that my new computer really was worth the money I payed for it in Call of Duty 2 when I noticed the pimple on my Sgt's face while storming a beach.
    [​IMG]

Edit: Upon reflection, the greatest gaming moment I've ever had was in Call of Duty one, after all the missions, racing up the stairs of the Reichstag in Berlin and raising the Red Flag with my Solviet comrades with patriotic music blazing in my ears ending the 6 year war with the Red Army dominating the broken war marchine and standing on the ruins of its former glory

13. bamdth47

bamdth47 Member

GPU:
    Asus 6800GT
    In the original Operation Flashpoint demo, Ambush I tihnk the mission was called. You met up with your squad by a 5 tonne truck and after a small drive were inserted close to the battlezone. I just remembering reaching the brow of a hill and theres this massive open landscape with a couple of small village areas and thinking wow. Then this BMP comes trundling up the road and all hell breaks loose. For the 1st time in any game, actually feeling vulnerable and hitting the deck fearing for my life with machine gun fire, nades and RPGs getting let loose all over the place. I truly felt like part of a real squad and very insignificant, not like some superhero. Catching a stray bullet in the face and thinking WTF!!!! im dead - I should only be at 50% health :) . Was truly groundbreaking game, and I think still to this day the AI is unsurpassed.

I still play it 5??? years on - the mod scene has made the game unrecognisable from its original form looks wise - but its still got that 'epic' feeling about it and EVERY time you play the battles are different.

EDIT: heres the view :)

[​IMG]

14. Jok3rz

Jok3rz Member

GPU:
    ATI Radeon Xpress 200M Series 256mb
    God knows how many i have -.-
    Back on gran turismo 1 i think, when playin that ensurnace race, forgot which track, took me like 40-45 mins, i was losing the race in second place, i was lapped once, with 10 laps, that when i decided to push it a lil further, but boy i pushed a lil hard :p i unlapped myself with 6 laps remaining, then i spun (now i remember, the speedway with the uphill U-turn, god that horrid turn) on the U-Turn and got myself lapped again, i really wanted to win, i paused it, and was about to quit, then i saw the timer...bout 35-40 mins, i was thinking, no way im gonna win ^_^
    then i carried on n got myself unlapped again with 4 laps left, i was pushin v.hard being careful on that u-turn and catchin up quickly, on the last lap, i really thought i was gonna win cuz i was just about 3 secs behind, then i felt no way now only one corner left. I drift my way round on the last corner hopin to bump into the side of the AI... my boot bumped his bonnet i was ahead! and i won! that was dinatly my one of my top gaming moment.

Being called a maphacker on C&C Generals whenever it come across lol.
    Having my fan club in c&c gens. (damn posers -.- )
    And playing FEAR recently, thats just an awesome game :p

15. jawshuwa

jawshuwa Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 8800GTX
    and over and over and over...Those were the good 'ol days, the best moments of gaming history.

16. shravan

shravan Master Guru

GPU:
    BIG 6600GT@580/1200 on 29" TV
    My greatest moment was witnessing the end credits roll by in Doom 3 signalling the end of my ordeal;)

On a more serious note, it was in Farcry. In the first map "Training", when after talking to Doyle, I stepped out into the open & my jaw dropped to the ground. I had difficulty eating for the next week!!!

17. NowhereMan

NowhereMan Guest

GPU:
    GTX 470
    System Shock 2 from start to finish. Best immersion, best atmosphere and best game ever in my book.

18. xankazo

xankazo Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1060 SC (6GB)
    I've had many great moments gaming, but one I'll always remember is in the Fall of Max Payne when his partner and love died, I almost cried.

19. scox35

scox35 Member

GPU:
    2-NVIDIA GeForce 9800gtx
    Id have to say beating Zelda way back when, and also beating the mother brain in Metriod they were both great games. :)

20. MiccyNarc

MiccyNarc Member

GPU:
    Leadtek Winfast A400 6800 LE, pipes
    1. "Wake up mr. Freeman. Wake up and...smell the ashes."
    2. Playing FEAR, just arrived at the office. Couldn't figure out where to go next so I decided to follow logic and jumped off the side of the building. Fell 20 feet to the level below, and when I was halfway down I noticed a clone directly below me. Just as I was about to land on him I kicked, nailed him in the head. :D
    Then I turned around, there were two people firing at me from behind radiators. Ran forward, shot one down, kicked it into slow-mo, jumped over the radiator and roundhouse-kicked him. He flew over the balcony and fell to his death.

3. BF2. FF-off server. Put a bunch of satchel charges on the MEC helicopter and let it take off (I was MEC). The pilot soon met up with the US AH-1. They were really close, so I pulled out the detonator and fired it, destroying the AH-1.

Also, I was riding in the MG position on a jeep, and saw a helicopter to my left. For the heck of it, I shot a few bullets. The helicopter crashed into a tree a few minutes later and I was creditted with 2 kills.