Over Clocking my Pentium 4

Discussion in 'Processors and motherboards Intel' started by Jeremy, Dec 30, 2005.

1. Jeremy

Jeremy Guest

GPU:
    -
    a

Last edited: May 14, 2020
  2. jaguarking11

jaguarking11 Master Guru

GPU:
    chaintech 6600gt @ 610core/1240mem
    Bios oc bud. It is usualy stable that way and mosty of the time yelds better results.

Keep an eye on temps though. You should be able to net way more than 200mhz out of your chip.

3. Jeremy

Jeremy Guest

GPU:
    -
    Hi,

What idle temps are acceptable for my chip. I am at about 48C right now. What is too hot for idleing?

Cheers

4. jaguarking11

jaguarking11 Master Guru

GPU:
    chaintech 6600gt @ 610core/1240mem
    Its a tad high but nothing too high. What are your load temps? Run prime for a while to see what load temps are. Then jump the voltage and or play with ram settings and or up the voltage on the ram and chipset. after that jump the voltage to no higher than 1.45v and try again.

5. Must Kill Ati

Must Kill Ati Master Guru

GPU:
    Leadtek 6800le
    I am using a P4 3.06ghz and a gigabyte board (EasyTune5), and have completely stopped using bios overclocking because easytune's been doing so well for me. I routinely put it at 3.55ghz w/o any problems...that being said, I'm watercooled. My processor temp at full load is 39celcius.
    As far as I can tell, easytune cannot hold an overclock through a reboot, but since I only overclock when gaming, that's not a bad thing.