NFS-MW - Premature 'Cooldowns'

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by alanm, Dec 25, 2005.

1. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    When you reach Blacklist 8 or 7, it seems you cant complete the milestones due to premature 'cooldowns'. You sometimes have to drive very slowly to keep in the cops sights or go back to them and STILL it can go into cooldown mode. Pathetic!

Any way to avoid this?

2. raging_dragon

raging_dragon Master Guru

GPU:
    Suck
    Don't use the pursuit breakers until you want to finish the milestone

3. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    I dont, especially in the low heats. Like I said, I sometimes have to slow down for the cops so it wont go in cooldown mode.

4. Dr. Vodka

Dr. Vodka Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 290 Tri-X
    Just don't let the cops lose the sight on you! Have always at least, one cop chasing you, then wait for backup, and be prepared for HELL :) Slow down if they are slow. That's what I do. Once completed the milestones, avoid it with a pursuit breaker. Lol! Watching the donut fall onto the cops' is great fun!

5. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    Yeah I know once the heat builds up these buggers are unshakeable, LOL!

But I think I now know why it goes into cooldown prematurely at the start of a milestone. Once it starts, I've always rammed the one or two cop cars after me. If they're disabled, their backups might not get there in time to continue the pursuit, so it goes into cooldown. I'll try not to ram them in the beginning. Thanks.

6. death__machine

death__machine Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 270X TOXIC 2GBx2
    if u reaach cool down too fast and the cops are behind you like you can see them on the radar then go towards them

7. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    Yep, thats what I've been doing all along. Kind of makes the game silly though chasing the cops instead of them chasing you...lol.

8. omarmakki

omarmakki Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D GeForce 6800 (12x1,6vp)
    I always look behind when the cops are after me. And if I notice that they are getting further from me, I start to slow down a bit. And when they catch up, I just hit the gas again!

9. Alexstarfire

Alexstarfire Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce 9800GTX+ @ stock
    It was funny chasing them in my tricked out Fiat Punto. That stupid cop was halling ass, though. I used up all my level 3 NOS and he was still going faster than me. My stupid Porche is impounded for the third time. I hate accidentally evading the cops when my milestones are almost done, that why I end up getting caught, having to wait for the stupid police.

I once lost cause a police car spawned inside of me and once when I was ontop of a police car. Those were crap.

10. god4sure

god4sure Elite Trini Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia Geforce 8800 GTX / X300
    Well there are sometimes when you do have to slow down to let the cops catch up...or even turn around to try to hunt them down, bur usually your not going to have that problem at level 4 or 5.

11. Lx3

Lx3 Master Guru

GPU:
    6800GT 256MB(ViewSonic P95f+SB)
    but once ur in cool down just drive as fast in a straight direction and you should have a cop on ur tail again.

12. Shex

Shex Guest

GPU:
    GALAX GeForce GTX 970 HOF
    It's funny how your car can be moving at 220 MPH and your fully using your nos, and the police cars still keep up.. lol

13. Jok3rz

Jok3rz Member

GPU:
    ATI Radeon Xpress 200M Series 256mb
    I always having problems gettin away from tha coppers, but i am on level 5 heat. Since i have completed the game, i always drive my heat5 car so i never lose heat.
    Out of 80 pursuits, i only got busted once, and that the last mission with the BMW M3 lol.

14. glock38

glock38 Guest

GPU:
    Radeon R9 285 2GB
    My Porshe was impounded :( lol

How long do I have to wait before I can get it back?

15. god4sure

god4sure Elite Trini Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia Geforce 8800 GTX / X300
    I'm not sure as it never happened to me :)

I think if you got one of those tokens you maybe able to get it back ( Not sure)

16. Jok3rz

Jok3rz Member

GPU:
    ATI Radeon Xpress 200M Series 256mb
    Nope, read the manual, once impounded, you aint gettin it back buddy.

17. xankazo

xankazo Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1060 SC (6GB)
    just keep driving slow until you build up some heat, then getting them off you is the trick. and... it's really funny how a police car can keep up with a tuned up lamborgini using type 3 NOS. game is a whole lot of fun though.

18. pysik

pysik Guest

GPU:
    MSI Geforce 460 OC 1Gb
    yea the game is fun. i stopped playin the career and mostly start doing the challenge series. it getz pretty hard in that. oooo i also beat the black challange the one all the way at the bottom, of the challenge series

19. xankazo

xankazo Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1060 SC (6GB)
    that one is pretty hard. u play against turbo-charged heavy SUVs with a car from the 60's.

20. pysik

pysik Guest

GPU:
    MSI Geforce 460 OC 1Gb
    that is a hard one but that is what makes it so fun. i hate it when the SUVs come at you full speed and right infront of you and send u flying back