Quake Driver problem?

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by mike1949, Dec 28, 2005.

1. mike1949

mike1949 Member Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7600GT
    I have the system at left and along with a Samsung 930b monitor the game looks great at 1280X1024 with 2XAA ,vsync-off with 30 t0 60 FPS on medium settings. However the game crashes every 10 minutes to an hour into it. I get a wierd multi-colored pattern for about a second then black screen. The comp doesnt reboot the video just shuts off and I have to reboot to get the video card going again. another 10 minutes or so goes by and it shuts off again. etc.etc.
    I have checked all the obvious things like CPU and GPU temps and everthings normal.
    I have a fairly good 350 watt psu and it plays everything else, Doom 3, Unreal2004, and even (God help us), HL2 with great FPS.
    I am using the old 76.50 drivers. Could this be the problem?

2. Tyson123

Tyson123 Active Member

GPU:
    Aopen 6800GT@stock 81.95
    I would try and use new drivers and see if that works. If you decide to do so, also use Drivercleaner just to be sure. I'm using the 81.95 drivers myself

Then I would check the pc's Event Viewer (control panel -> performance and maintenance -> administrative tools ->event viewer) to see if there are any error messages when the games crashes.

Also, it could be heat though. Try monitoring the GPU temp. during gameplay with rivatuner

Last edited: Dec 28, 2005
  3. Wolverine69r

Wolverine69r Guest

ignore driver cleaner

just uninstall the driver from add remove programs and install the new one

from evidence provided recently, driver cleaner doesn't do much