they´re selling us immature products

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by ducados20, Dec 22, 2005.

1. ducados20

ducados20 Active Member

GPU:
    Gainward 6800 GT GS @ Q3000
    I´m bored of uninstalling and reinstalling "video" drivers. I´d want a set of drivers "finaliced" when i bought a product. Well, i understand the problem with the new games and issues with some line of products. But this thing with the drivers every 2 or 3 weeks seems unreal. And all that for the same strutering. And The worst is no excuses and no real adjustmentfor the problem.
    (thinking in fx users, for example)

Things must change.

(Sorry for my english)

Greetings and have a best new year:

2. snave

snave Active Member

GPU:
    Sapphire HD3650 512 AGP

I'm sorry..? You come to a technical enthusiasts forum and express comments like that? Wrong place, wrong attitude.:puke2:

I can't see where it says that installing new drivers is `compulsory`. Please point me to the auto-update feature in Nvidia cards that FORCES you to update...

...save your feeble whinings, there ain't one. :hit:

It's the users choice to update or not. No drivers are ever `finalised`. What a pathetic notion! Not even the most basic of technical understanding. New games, larger user base = new problems. New technology + problem solving = new drivers.

If these equations are beyond you, leave the math to grownups. Perhaps we could apply the same analogy to your post: Why do people insist on coming into places like this and complaining about beta releases and new official drivers..? Can't you just be mature enough to decide for yourself to stick with what the card ships with or explore the fun side of beta experimentation.

Troll :speed:

3. Burnt_Ram

Burnt_Ram Guest

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1050 Ti
    my suggestion is, if you don't want to tweak. buy an Xbox or something !

4. HarryPotthead

HarryPotthead Member Guru

GPU:
    BFG 8800 gt (g92)

thats sums up a pc gamer in a nutshell....10hrs of tweaking for 5 mins of gameplay....i dont mind though

5. ducados20

ducados20 Active Member

GPU:
    dear snave:
    you are a bad-mannered, and i don´t know why your reply is so offensive. (Y la verdad es que me importa un huevo). greetings to daddy, ¿ok, dearboy?

My Fx 5900 was old the same day i bought it, and no help from Nvidia. And there are 7800 with problems since the 70´s drivers. I think it´s a swindle

6. ProfBP

ProfBP Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080GTX
    well the entire problem with videocards is that, first, every system will react differently. One system may love an ealier set of drivers and a completely different system may like the newer set. Also with newer technoilogies and newer ways of doing things older cards can be updated to run better, some times. As for newer cards, its new technology. If they spent all their time trying to perfect a card, they would never realease it, because new games and ways of doing things would come out and they would just end up tweaking their card. I think its a much better deal to release a working card, but tweaking it with drivers. Besides, like I said, two systems could have the same card, yet the systems may run their best useing different versions of drivers.

I know its a pain, but if you want to update, then you will. If you don't want to update then you won't. To me an immature product is a video card that won't with anything. The FS9 problem only happend to systems trying to run ultra highsettings, and flight sims are unfortunatly not on the top got when it comes to entertainment on computers. Shooters like, BF2, FEAR, Unreal4, CSS, multiplayer games like WoW, and RTS games like Civalization, are the real bread winners. That is as far as how many people play them.

7. Burnt_Ram

Burnt_Ram Guest

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1050 Ti
    me either. it's most the fun ;) lol

8. ha ha missed me

ha ha missed me Master Guru

GPU:
    sapphire x800xl agp @ 435 /535 :)
    yeah but "TWEAKING" is what were all about here @ g3d

9. Grizza

Grizza Active Member

GPU:
    2 XFX 8800GTS 512's
    I get aggitated when they DON'T release a new driver at least once a month. Im with these guys, Guru is for those of us who spend countless hours tweaking just to gain a couple of fps. WE LOVE IT!

Nvidia, bring em on.

10. pimp_gimp

pimp_gimp Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Super SLI
    I love to tweak my machine, sometimes I get to tweaking/experimenting with different setups I format like 5 times in a day.

11. CVND

CVND Master Guru

GPU:
    BFG 6800 GT OC Modded with NV5
    loco solo ignora lo que no creas convenientes y no le des importancia eso te amargara la vida

but in other topic before i got my 6800gt i got an 5900u and used to work very good but it is true that of the driver thing but it is important that you should know that in pc you will always will have to update
    specialy video drivers since not all drivers works the same with all games

12. ducados20

ducados20 Active Member

GPU:
    cvnd, tienes toda la razón. Punto y aparte.

i think i didn´t explain very well. I like tweaking (not too many hours, but it´s a time question) And naturally, divers must update, but some (and i´m talking about "official" drivers) causes system unacceptable failures.
    ProfBP is right that different sistems, different performance. But to have to format the whole system is too much. (Microsoft has piece of this cake too)
    ...And that´s all.

Salud.

:blunt:

13. IndianScout

IndianScout Banned

GPU:
    GTX580 SLI
    after reading all the tweaking comments in here, now I have the urge to tear something apart..

and I agree with everyone else, if you dont want to "tweak" buy a MAC

14. Paul L

Paul L Guest

GPU:
    AMD 5700 8gb
    I'm always tweaking :)

15. kwak

kwak Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce 560 ti
    what do you mean have to format, if you install a new driver, just uninstall it, run drivercleaner, and you are good to go.

and i definitly agree with the tweaking, games are fun allright, but tweaking to get better performance even more.

16. Burnt_Ram

Burnt_Ram Guest

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1050 Ti
    me too. infact i just installed 82.12, and tweaked abit, and it was worth it ;0)

17. Grizza

Grizza Active Member

GPU:
    2 XFX 8800GTS 512's
    Maybe im just lucky, but I install and uninstall drivers all the time and in many years, have never had to re-format or have any serious problem. I have had a MX400, gf3ti, gf4-4400ti, fx5900, and a 6800gt. None have given me any problems.