Forceware 81.98 Win9x/XP2K/64 Released

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Wolverine69r, Dec 21, 2005.

1. Nicksterr

Nicksterr Master Guru

GPU:
    eVGA 8800GTS 512
    I don't care, new drivers are supposed to improve as well. I want damn good performance too for my 450$ card. In my opinion, ATI has better drivers, but nVIDIA has better hardware atm.

2. Wolverine69r

Wolverine69r Guest

thats a myth noob,.. new drivers are'nt meant to just increase performance

you do realise there is a set limit on how much different a driver can do don't you?

3. DlocPuWons

DlocPuWons Master Guru

GPU:
    2x SLI eVGA Gefore 7800GT 460/1200
    Just a an idea for people complaing of jaggies. Try turning on gamma correct antialiasing, and mutlisampling, and under multisampling, check it to supersampling. I believe these options are only on the 7xxx range, but maybe the 6xxx as well?

It can even make 1024x768 look amazing at 4xaa.

4. noxqzs

noxqzs Member

GPU:
    GTX SLI

And how do you determine what a 'Noob' is. To me its a person that allows his pc to be overrun by 60 prcesses, when most likely half would suffice. Maybe you are just lazy or want to look at a crowded task manager. IMO, you are the NOOB.

5. meatbagtaco

meatbagtaco Guest

GPU:
    2 x Geforce GTX 570 SC
    1 4R3 t3h b1gg3s7 n00b!!

Alright, back to the topic.

Any good benchmarks? Is the problem with performance & hyperthreading in Quake 4 with the 1.0.5 patch fixed?

6. Wolverine69r

Wolverine69r Guest

wow,.. im being insulted by a noob who can't even come up with proof that idle processes slow down games

meatbag, quake 4 should be fixed,.. it came under the same catagory as dualcore+opengl bug...

7. SupaSiLa

SupaSiLa Banned

GPU:
    Leadtek 6800GT 256mb @ 430/1150 (Zm
    wow i gained 300 on 3dmark5 css boosted me 30fps in stress

8. bluedevil

bluedevil Master Guru

GPU:
    Kfa2 RTX 2060 6gb
    i tried overclocking my card using the detect optimal frequencies my resulting frequencies : 437 for gpu and 1170 for memory (no moded bios on 81.98 )

(and many other drivers ) but i get artifacts in 3d mark 05 (specialy in the return to proxycon test)
    why is there a detect optimal frequencies tab if i cannot use the resulting setings ?

9. IndianScout

IndianScout Banned

GPU:
    GTX580 SLI
  10. DeltaSniper 203

DeltaSniper 203 Master Guru

GPU:
    eVga + MSI 7800 GTX SLI
    not trying to be a dick but dude please stop it with the "n00b" bull**** please, lets all just get along now.....:cheers:

11. GhostXL

GhostXL Guest

GPU:
    PNY EPIC-X RTX 4090
    WOW. I cant believe some of you with 7800GTX complain because a driver doesnt increase your frames from 60fps at 1600x1200 with completely maxed out settings with high AF/AA modes to 70FPS! Common people.

These drivers are fixes for games....Id love to have that 7800GTX on ANY driver! I seriously dont understand why some people whine/complain because they cant pull 122fps instead of 114 etc. (fill me in) Seriously folks...a card is made to do what it does. A driver will not give you 50 more fps. maybe 5-10 at most here and there.

I for one am happy about the splinter cell fix, its a solid set for me. No problems with anything.

12. phatbx133

phatbx133 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1050ti 4GB
    Well, you are noob here that is all.

Peace

13. KrueLLa

KrueLLa Active Member

GPU:
    Evga GTX 1050 Ti
    Nice drivers.

14. DooGie

DooGie Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 970 SC
    Can't find a problem with them. Calm down peeps. They are a new driver what magic did you expect?
    As for installing over previous versions, I've never done it and don't intend to. It can only create probs.

15. Wolverine69r

Wolverine69r Guest

AYE........

16. El Diablo 87

El Diablo 87 Member Guru

GPU:
    8800 GTS
    Stop calling each other noobs, it's pathetic

17. Shataan

Shataan Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 4090ti
    About Processes/Services running in the background. I have gamed and tweaked since back before Delta Force 2 days. And out of literally a few hundred PCs I have helped to tweak, I have yet to see even one PC run just as well with 60 Services/Processes running... as with 15.

You must have some sort of whopping awesome System. Guys like BlkViper should get in touch with you and see what your secret is Wolverine69. A Service or Process being idle is not the point. The point is the dlls loaded into memory, and then the swapping, or rather needless swapping out to the pagefile that can and will occur. That is where performance is getting kacked. So, the term IDLE is really a deceptive word that in performance case, can`t be used literally.

But I guess I must be a nOOb too? All those systems of gamers I helped tweak are still extremely happy THIS nOOb helped them gain performance. And all the peeps like BlkViper, Snakefoot etal, are all full of complete shet when they make their sites and post the Service and Process tweaks. Damn nOObs. LOL

18. ManicOne

ManicOne Maha Guru

GPU:
    HIS 5850 Crossfire
    Going from banned (81.95 V2) to these i lose 14 frames in FEAR. Drops from 55 to 41, 1152/864, cpu max, vga high. Image quality is awesome with the new drivers but nowhere near worth the frame loss.

Ohh, and nOObie nOObie nOOb nOOb.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2005
  19. Wolverine69r

Wolverine69r Guest

you must be a noob shaatan.. coz im yet to see a difference between performance on a fresh install to what i have now, sure it might have mattered on a duron based system but athlonxp and up can handle the idle processes easily, and even when i only had 512mbs of ram i didn't see much trouble from the system

20. MaxBlade

MaxBlade Master Guru

GPU:
    980Ti/970/390/+ more
    works super here.. and I think anyone with less than 3000 posts is a noob .. lol