Problems with rivatuner 15.8 and 7800gtx clocks

Discussion in 'RivaTuner Advanced Discussion forum' started by madgravity34, Dec 17, 2005.

1. madgravity34

madgravity34 Member

GPU:
    6800gt W/ Nv5 Silencer @ 430/1200
    Well, I have been benching tonite and finally got around to upping the core voltage back to normal and made some fun discoveries. I can do 660+ (thats WITH the 40 additional core lol) @ 1.6V @ load which previously it was @ 1.65V and I beat my old record with 65mhz less memory overclock!! I cant wait for my vddr mod stuff to get here. Anyways, the problem is, I suddenly cant get rivatuner to change the core clocks at all and my card wont clock higher than the 2d speeds at all. ? I dont know whats up with this...

EDIT

Here are the scores so far if you want: http://service.futuremark.com/compare?3dm05=1569441

and thats with moddest core volts and no vmem mod. I am still going lol. But yea, I could use some suggestions on what the hell is going on with rivatuner?

2. madgravity34

madgravity34 Member

GPU:
    6800gt W/ Nv5 Silencer @ 430/1200
    PLEASE HELP!!! I havent been able to oc the card anymore or even bench because of this problem, any suggestions?

3. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

RTFM and do a search for "throttling" in FAQ. There is problem in your understanding of NV's clock frequency control mechanisms.

4. JAKAZZ

JAKAZZ Member

GPU:
    EVGA 7800GT, IN SLI
    i think it has to do with the stress test in the registery, i read the rtfm, lol... see i listened to you unwinder, there really is alot of info there if you read through it, that section is near the end, but its still a good read