6800gs on AGP...WHEN???

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by MattPower, Dec 17, 2005.

1. MattPower

MattPower Member

GPU:
    8800gts 640mb
    Does anybody know when the new 6800GS are likely to become available to buy, preferably in the UK?
    They look like a good upgrade for someone (like me) who plays games but doesn't want to discard a good AGP system in favour of PCIe and upgrade the processor and the power supply and more.
    The card I've got at the moment allows me to play most games at medium settings comfortably but when I tried to play the F.E.A.R. demo it was flagging at 800x600 resolution so I need a 6800gs NOW (stamping foot like an overgrown big kid!)

2. r3claim3r

r3claim3r Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Ti Super
    Good question! Perhaps next spring? They keep saying it's gonna happen, but no one will say WHEN. It would make sense to make an AGP version as the 6800 has been designed as an AGP gpu.

3. SorienOR

SorienOR Guest

GPU:
    BFG 8800GT + Acer 1080p
    I am seriously planning on getting a 6800GS agp (BFG OC only of course) the momment I can. I might be tempered if they are NV40s though, cause I am tired of studdering =)

4. Nigh

Nigh Master Guru

GPU:
    POV 7900GT 256Mb
    I'm buying myself a 6800GS AGP the momment it is for sale in any store close to me...I hope I'm not gonna have grandchildred by then...

5. devil007

devil007 Active Member

GPU:
    Leadtek 7900GT
    6800GS AGP a lie?

Hi,
    I bought last year around October a new rig with A64 3200+ for soc.939 and 1GB RAM but motherboard with AGP slot.What a mistake:frown: .I should wait 1-2more month and now a 6800GS PCI-E could hapily sitting in my PC.

Guess what...I heard that 6800GS AGP will be made so I was verry happy...but it seems that the news from Theinquirer was just a big lie to get attention as usually.This card should be in stores this week already according to their story but its not.I didnt see anywhere other original story about this card.

Nobody even test it on GURU3D as usually as they have all the card almost right before they are out.

I think this is big lie and I am really disapointed....my fault:-(.I have so many friends with similar config(AGP) and none of them want to yet invest money for new motherboard with PCI-E.Why if they have just "powerfull PC" as me.

6. kwak

kwak Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce 560 ti
    the last i heard, it was supposed to launch this week, but i havent heard anything about it since, so i have no clue.

7. Xaser04

Xaser04 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3090 FE UV
    I've seen this:

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/acatalog/6800_Series.html

Its only available to pre order but the price isn't too bad. Although you would be better off just getting a AGP 6800gt off of Ebay and overclocking it to Ultra clocks. Or just getting a 6800Ultra for that matter.

8. devil007

devil007 Active Member

GPU:
    Leadtek 7900GT
    I usually buy only in regular stores in my country and not online.
    And 6800GT/Ultra would cost more then 6800GS.At least here

9. Liquidium

Liquidium Active Member

GPU:
    XFX HD5870 XXX 1GB
    wooohoo, closer than u think everyone!!

www.komplett.co.uk is getting them in stock on December 30th!!!!

10. evilkiller650

evilkiller650 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 980ti AMP! Extreme
    Man, 30th december...Thats far to long.

11. khelben

khelben Member

GPU:
    Sapphire X1950Pro
    Indeed, far too long. I mean i might as well wait for 2006 when prices of hardwares usually drop in the following year. :(

12. MaRRaldo

MaRRaldo Member

GPU:
    7800GS

it's the extreme edition and only has 400Mhz of core?!?! WTF!!!!!

13. kwak

kwak Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce 560 ti
    thats what i was thinking, i thought they wanted the gs so that they could get a bit from the agp market for the holiday shopping, they lose all that now.
    bad move imo.

14. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
    2x 980Ti Gaming 1430/7296
    i`ll believe it...

:frown: when its on newegg.com! for agp of course. i do not o/c with my new AGP 478 pin P-4 system. so i expect it to be around for a long time!

15. chazly413

chazly413 Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GeForce 970 4GB
    the 6800GS is the only 6-series GPU to be natively PCI-Express. If they make an AGP version, they'll have to bridge it to AGP and it wouldn't be as good as the PCI-Express version.

16. kwak

kwak Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce 560 ti
    for the agp gs they are going to use nv40, a native agp chip. It way even be unlockable, making it a better buy than the pci-e version.
    and why do you think that the bridge will make it worse?

17. chazly413

chazly413 Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GeForce 970 4GB
    ah i dont care lol my avatar speaks for itself. but it should be good for you old school g-card slot people things..

18. kwak

kwak Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce 560 ti
    your avatar does speak for itself, but every 6 series card, including yours, wouldnt be hampered by the bandwith agp provides, so your statement that a brigded gs would be worse than the pci-e version is wrong.